Old March 15, 2001, 19:01   #1
Hassan
Settler

Local Time: 09:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Dinotopia Map Comming Soon
I've just competed a map of "Dinotopia," (based on a childrens book, by James Gurney) which I'm about to upload onto Apolyton soon. If anyone is interested, I may be willing (with some help) to actually make a full-fledged scenario out of this awsome continent. If you're interested (and want to help) contact me

-Eric "Hassan"
Old March 16, 2001, 15:08   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:57
Wow, I thought no-one else had heard of Dinotopia, I never even thought about making it into a scenario.
I could possibly make some quick, un-animated dinosaur sprites for it, that might be fun to try, but any really good sprites I would not like to attempt.
Ben
Old March 16, 2001, 15:21   #3
Hassan
Settler

Hehe, the book is in almost every bookstore here in the States, I can't believe people wouldn't know about it... What I really want to do provided I can get some help is set up a scenario with all the ancient Kingdoms, and then put a band of Rogue's (the player) like Imperial Germany or someone on the outer Island to try to conquer the entire continent. Or I could just to the classic Posidos vs the rest of Dinotopia... I really like "leader units" and I'd want some cool ones for either scenario.

I can draw units pretty well... I think, but I can't animate them, at this point that's too complex for me.

-Eric "Hassan"
Old March 24, 2001, 16:50   #4
Fantasmo
Settler

That book is sweet! If you do make a scenario about it you may want to include: some "landmarks" like the shipwreck ,Rainy basin, Great Desert, the "world beneath" (the robots they found there too), the Waterfall city, wild Tyrannosaurs, the Geat City of Sauropolis, all sorts of unique architecture, Skybax riders and the Mountaintop Cities

(I hope I have the right book here sorry if I do)
Old March 25, 2001, 01:46   #5
Hassan
Settler

The more I think about it the better it sounds. Should we have Posiedos v.s. the old ancient Kingdoms? or should we have a corrupted new Kingdom? or should we have Invaders vs united Dinotopia?

I'm trying to think of a storyline.

BTW, download my map and tell me if you like it.

-Hassan