Old March 25, 2001, 20:00   #121
David Murray
Prince

Local Time: 09:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey, did anyone go and visit that URL I posted? The AI proposed an ALLIANCE to me! I also had another civ ask me to stop research of iron working later in the game...not bad, not bad!

[This message has been edited by David Murray (edited March 25, 2001).]
Old March 25, 2001, 20:16   #122
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:58
quote:

Originally posted by David Murray on 03-25-2001 09:55 AM
Firstly, if anyone's interested, take a look at this: http://members.aol.com/davidwamurray/proposal.jpg

I have never had the AI make that proposal to me before, I was quite shocked when I received it! Forgive me if it's old news, but it is a first for me.

Excellent! It's great to see the AI doing this on a PC other than mine. Well, looks like the Diplomacy script has succeeded in it's prime directive (for the AI to propose alliances).

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old March 25, 2001, 21:58   #123
Timeline
King

Local Time: 04:58
quote:

Originally posted by David Murray on 03-25-2001 06:57 PM
Very sorry, Timeline, I noticed that you did after I posted--I had just forgotten, and was too lazy to edit my message.

LOL, sounds like me.

quote:

Big deal, get over it.

Just gets annoying when people report something that we already know about. Hey, it happens, no big deal. Yes, I followed your link, very cool! I like Diplomod alot. The thing I like best is the withdraw slic Dale made. Thanks a lot Dale!

[This message has been edited by Timeline (edited March 25, 2001).]
Old March 25, 2001, 21:58   #124
joseph1944

Just reloaded my save game and getting the below message.
"MM2_trymilitia variable 'MM2_trymilitia#tmploc'and No 'name' are different type". I did change the picture 117L.
Also I did the Debug thing before playing the mod.
Earlier today the game was playing great without any crashes. I then did a save so I could go with my wife and now can not reload the save game. My game is between 300 and 0 BC.

------------------

[This message has been edited by joseph1944 (edited March 26, 2001).]

Old March 25, 2001, 22:00   #125
Timeline
King

Updated Bug Report: Well folks, I have done some pretty extensive (and grueling ) tests on Bombarding and Counter-Bombarding, and here is my Bug Report:

Bombards, Cannons, Howitzers, and Catapults cannot counter-bombard.

Stealth Fighters cannot bombard other air units.

Fighters cannot bombard other air units.

Bombers cannot bombard other air units (they are probably not supposed to).

Scout Subs, Nuclear Subs, and Regular Subs *can* bombard other sea units (Are they suppose to?).

PTs cannot go into deep water (this may not be a bug).

I tested all the bombarding combinations I could think and everything els seems to work fine.

Suggestion: Changing the Self-Prop Gun obsolete to Robotics may not be a bad idea. The way it is now you lose it not long after you get it.

Question: Where did te werewolf sprite come from? Please don’t tell me it came from CTP1 . . . LOL. If it did, was it a unit you could build in the game??

Fact: I think, before the public release of Med Mod, we may need to consider two options:

Option 1: Lowering tech costs in the Renaissance Age through Genetic Age.

Or option 2: Altering the timeflow so that things go a tad (and I do just mean a little tad) slower in the Classical Age, a bit slower in the Renaissance Age, and a lot slower in the Modern Age.

Who knows, we may need to do both options . The way things are now, you do not even get a chance to get through all the techs (not by a long shot). I am planning on playing a forth game soon with the express purpose of testing out the timeline. I will play it on medium level, and if I can’t keep up with the tech on medium, then we know we have a problem.

I will keep you posted Wes.

Old March 25, 2001, 22:01   #126
Timeline
King

joseph1944: I have no idea what is wrong. All I can tell you is what I would do. I would goto C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp\save\games and copy all the folders there (those are you save game files). And then I would reinstall.

Another thing you can try is loading up your saved game and pressing the '-key and type /reloadslic. If your game doesn't laod, then check your userprofile.txt again and make sure debug is set No, one time I thought I pressed save but I didn't.

I am sure when WesW comes he will have a fix.

Has anyone noticed how long it takes to post and edit messages?

Old March 25, 2001, 22:04   #127
joseph1944

Just reloaded my save game and getting the below message.
"MM2_trymilitia variable 'MM2_trymilitia#tmploc'and No 'name' are different type". I did change the picture 117L.
Also I did the Debug thing before playing the mod.
Earlier today the game was playing great without any crashes. I then did a save so I could go with my wife and now can not reload the save game. My game is between 300 and 0 BC.

Sorry for the double post.

------------------

[This message has been edited by joseph1944 (edited March 25, 2001).]

Old March 25, 2001, 22:44   #128
MrFun
Emperor

I read through some of the posts on the last two pages and so now I have a question for Wes.

Do you have an estimate when the polished mod will be released under OmniGod's file section on Apolyton? I am eagerly waiting.

Thanks for all your hard work Wes, and many thanks also go to those who have helped you through their input on this forum.
Old March 26, 2001, 01:11   #129
joseph1944

Wes and Company
I finley downloaded your mod last night. It looks great. I ran into two bugs last night and this morning. SLIC error In object MM2_everturn, variable "MM2_everyturn#tmpcity' and 'noname' are of different types. MM2_trymilitia variable 'MM2_trymilitia#tmploc'and No 'name' are different type. I was on turn 110 trying to build a city and the game just started to give me the slic error and would not stop until lock up the screen and made me reboot. Saw your post about the picture and I just change the picture UPUP117L. Will start a new game in a min. to see how it goes.
My computer info P-III 600 w/128 meg, Millennium G 400 32 megs. SB 128 sound card running WIn 98 second addition.

------------------

Old March 26, 2001, 02:29   #130
janilxx
Warlord

Local Time: 11:58
Good morning from the Finland again.

Few teesting hours are back again and here are my new comments(version was march 20th again).

Militias:
Here have been many posts about them but I want to tell this to you. All existing militias dies right in that turn I get phalanx. But when I build new city there will be militia(phalanx) so code for militia creation will still work with new cities(only existing cities have the bug). I have only seen spearman and phalanx militias so I do not know anything about other militias.

Feat of wonder(not actually a medmod thing):
Does the player get "around thew world" feat of wonder only when he really sails around the world. Or does it be enough when he gets the whole map around the world. I mean if I will get almost whole map changing maps and then I will sail the rest of the map so I get left and right map parts connected. Will that be enough? (I am not absolutely sure but it seemed that I got this feat of wonder partly because I got maps from the AIs). If I got fet of wonder this way it should not be ok and maybe it could be fixed in medmod?

AIs' does love other AIs:
In 620AD I checked AIs' and they all had smileface regard with other AIs. So I was the only one they needed to fight against. In original CTP2 AIs' usually did have war against all others but now in medmod they love each other This is not good. If you need I can give you AIs' personalities. Just ask.

AI military intelligence:
I(blue) was parked in quite small island(I had about 6 cities there). Orange was in next island. We were in war. Orange was attacking very stupidly!

He had many triremes(only few coracles) and he did transport one unit in time next to my shorecity. Then I of course killed that lonely unit. Then after few turns AI got one more unit to that same spot. And I killed him too.

First of all why did he transport only one unit in time. I am sure he had MANY boats so why didn't he transport many units with many boats at same time? Secondly why did he used triremes to transport units? With coracle he could transport two units in time.

Sometimes he transported a unit next to my city and then attacked against my city with trireme. And then with second trireme. That was a little bit wiser(or was it ?). But why did he attack two times in the same turn. Why didn't he bring those boat together and attack with that army?

It would be much more wiser if he would transport many units a little bit farther from my city. And when he does have many units there then he should attack.

Does medMod even have things that increases AI's intelligence with units in war? Or is it only Frenzymod(or what was that, I had few times read about "a wise AI in war" mod). Could frenzy be attached to the medmod?

And the next thing. Orange had 3 triremes attached next to my lonely coracle. Why didn't he attack? And I saw many times other boats too with my lonely coracle and no one did attack against my boat. Should that be that way?

Too slow timeline:
Many have been said here in forums that tmeline is too slow. I have not played so much that I could comment about that but were you all playing with hard with medium map? MedMod should be now played in medium(right Wes?) and if you are playing with impossible(etc) then timeline might be too slow?

Too many wartechnologies:
I have said this before and I will said this again. I usually would like to play so that I would make some units to defend my cities and then I concentrate to build buildings to my cities. But with MedMod that is not possible. There have been in two games very long perioids when I do not have any buildings available to build. So I need to build spearman(phalanx)-swordman(heavy)-archer compinations too much. And because of that I am usually very high in military rank. But I would like to have almost all the time some buildings available too. Could you even think about changing technologies a little so that there would be more buildings available. That would give me(and to other players too) even a change to play the game other ways too(now it is all the time militiary oriented).

-Jani
Old March 26, 2001, 03:19   #131
Huysmans_666
Chieftain

Hi there,

Sorry for not letting you know anything about that pirates mod I've been working on, well it's going good so far but I want to make sure that all my wishes go into release one

But I've bugtested the Medieval mod this weekend, and first of all I just LOVE IT .

At first its very boring, everything takes ages to build but once your past that it's great to take your 12-unit stack and go barb hunting

Here are the errors I noticed and I'm very fussy so excuse me for that :
- First the Castle sprite error ! For normal games etc.

- I noticed that the extra militia you should get with city size don't work
- In 1 of my cities a repeated unit creation/death seqeunce including the sound ! very annoying... it's a fyrdman unit !
- With the discovery that granted me fyrdman all my militie disappeared and did not return except in one of my cities, which still holds one unit !
- Tried to save once, ended up at the desktop
- I spyed on the united_states and then made a peace treaty, all my trade routes with america keep disolving ?
- Also after capturing 2 enemy cities (united_states ) I did not get militia in them !
- I like to build buildings but usefull ones of course, what does the city clock do for one and the harbor....it's very confusing..do these buildings have any use ?
- Withdraw doesn't work on water units ! I have a native american boats that makes the withdraw sound and animation but keeps standing where it is ! very annoying !
- Also, but that secondary.....All of the enemy's cities where poorly defended and when I look at my map...the barbs own half of the continents !
Is this supposed to ?

I also have plus points..... the barbs kick ass...coming at me with stacks of 8+ even 12.
It's great fun !
Oh and all this was in a custom size map 200x250 8 civs and very hard !

For all you people who are happy with a proposal...I had tons of these things ! Are they so rare with y'all ?

Anyways....A lot of work needs to be done..but it's getting there !!!!!
See ya, I'm going to play now
Old March 26, 2001, 08:42   #132
Timeline
King

quote:

Originally posted by Huysmans_666 on 03-26-2001 02:19 AM
Hi there,

Sorry for not letting you know anything about that pirates mod I've been working on, well it's going good so far but I want to make sure that all my wishes go into release one

Cool, I must have missed your thread for your mod, is there one? I would love to find out what it does.

quote:

I've bugtested the Medieval mod this weekend, and first of all I just LOVE IT .

At first its very boring, everything takes ages to build but once your past that it's great to take your 12-unit stack and go barb hunting

Yes, I found the same, however, I found that things seem to slow down again in the renaissance and modern ages.

quote:

- I noticed that the extra militia you should get with city size don't work
- In 1 of my cities a repeated unit creation/death seqeunce including the sound ! very annoying... it's a fyrdman unit !
- With the discovery that granted me fyrdman all my militie disappeared and did not return except in one of my cities, which still holds one unit !
- Also after capturing 2 enemy cities (united_states ) I did not get militia in them !

Yes, WesW admits there is still much work to be done on militias. Mainly, there are holes in it everywhere. But these things, I would think, are good to know.

quote:

- I like to build buildings but usefull ones of course, what does the city clock do for one and the harbor....it's very confusing..do these buildings have any use ?

For now you must refer to the Med Charts to see what most things do. You must also go there for government stats.

quote:

- Withdraw doesn't work on water units ! I have a native american boats that makes the withdraw sound and animation but keeps standing where it is ! very annoying !

Here is a quote from the Modersnotes.txt for Diplomod

quote:

Call To Power 2\Med readmes\Diplomod extras

All through history, the seas have been a very hard place to patrol and keep control of. The seas constantly change. It's a big place out there (70% of our planet is water!). This is why withdraw will ONLY expel units that are on a land terrain. Anything on a sea terrain square (including planes in flight, units on transports, etc) will be ignored for this simple reason. Also, I saw a situation in V1.1 where the AI was trying to move a battleship through a straight between two islands I controlled, and everytime the battleship hit my border it got expelled. The AI was too stupid to move the battleship around my islands, but for 30 turns kept moving into my border. It will now be allowed to move that ship through my straight to the open seas on the other side. This also allows for pirates to get in and cause you troubles (like English and Portugese pirates kept hassling the Spanish Main).

Makes sense to me.

quote:

For all you people who are happy with a proposal...I had tons of these things ! Are they so rare with y'all ?

Well, I would like to know what you mean about the castle sprite bug. If you mean about cities staying as castles and not changing, then I think there is a fix for this at Wes’s site.

Can’t hurt to report all bugs you run into, though.

Timeline
Old March 26, 2001, 09:16   #133
Huysmans_666
Chieftain

Timeline: About the expelling of seaunits, okay I understand that, makes sense, but why does the expell animation and sound continue to work.
How about this....after app. 30 turns the boats DID get expelled, it disappeared !

Your right about another thing......Discovering techs takes me again app. 20-30 turns....... seems a bit long to me !

About my pirates mod...well it's not a mod completely but it uses SLIC to get the pirates back onto the oceans....but there are some crucial points which I, as a newbie SLIC'er, can't handle !
So I asked locutus but he's tied up right now, LOCUTUS if you read this, GOOD LUCK man !!!! keep strong !

Extremely sorry for ya !

Hope you feel better soon !

Maybe soon I'll have a beta ready but I have a huge list of things I want in that script before sending it out !
So keep in touch and I'll let you know !

Greetinx
Old March 26, 2001, 14:06   #134
joseph1944

Fighters cannot bombard other air units.
The F-15 does carry the M-61 Vulcan cannon and air to air missiles so it should be able to bombard and attack other aircraft. All older fighter should be able to bombard or attack also. WW II fighter aircraft should be able to attack other aircraft plus bombard land and water only. WW I fighter attack only and Bomber, bombard land and water with small attack value because they did carry anti-aircraft guns.

Bombers cannot bombard other air units (they are probably not supposed to).
You are correct. The B-52 gun was removed in the early 80s on the "G and H" model. The B-2 never had a gun. Since I have not been able to get that far in the game any other bomber such as the B-17 should be able to bombard other aircraft. They did carry a lot of anti-aircraft guns.

Scout Subs, Nuclear Subs, and Regular Subs *can* bombard other sea units (Are they suppose to?).
WW I and II Subs did have a 5" inch deck gun plus a 20 mm anti-aircraft gun. Remember torpedo is a long-range weapon for both older and new Subs.
Nuclear Subs do not have guns nor do they carry any anti-aircraft defenses. I believed in the early 70s there were some talk about putting anti-aircraft missile on our subs but it did not happen.

PTs cannot go into deep water (this may not be a bug).
PTs should be able to go into deep water.

Option 1: Lowering tech costs in the Renaissance Age through Genetic Age.
I like it.
Or option 2: Altering the timeflow so that things go a tad (and I do just mean a little tad) slower in the Classical Age, a bit slower in the Renaissance Age, and a lot slower in the Modern Age.
I like it.

------------------

Old March 26, 2001, 16:20   #135
David Murray
Prince

I have to agree with the ideas about slowing the game down and making advances a bit easier to get...but how about making the game last longer and keeping the advances as they are? I often find the years just whizz by even as I'm doing something mundane like building a road between cities or exploring...maybe if the game was slowed down there would be a lot more historical wars, trade, diplomacy, and not all the action would take place from Classical age onwards. There would be more chances to have naval wars and all sorts if the timeline didn't go so quickly for the first five thousand years.

OH! And please, please! Implement Frenzy Mod! Or a modified version of it! I can't stand this old AI regime, the one that only keeps its units in its cities...I would rather have it come out and fight than stay at home and fortify! And when I have multiple stacks on my home front bombarding, pillaging and harrassing me, I think less of international conquest.

The AIs tend to love each other too much...I think the same-government slic should be removed. The only time that governments get along is when the governments are peaceful and democratic. Even then, though, they can often have problems with each other. The Monarchies of the renaissance periods battle constantly (France, Britain, rest of Europe). The Soviets and Chinese weren't always the best of friends, their relationship cooled when Krushchev denounced Stalin (the Chinese were rather fond of Stalin). Of course, there are examples of ideologies sticking together--fascism is probably the most notable--but overall, I don't think that slic is needed.

BTW good work Dale...the AI is making all sorts of proposals. Today, my allies gave me a gift of 100 gold completely off their own back--I didn't even have to ask. We also have a reciprocal exchange of advances going--so when I get a new advance, the Mayans ask me to give them the research. I do likewise. It's almost like what the science pact should have been.
Old March 26, 2001, 16:23   #136
David Murray
Prince

Sorry, these were duplicate postings. I was having problems posting.
[This message has been edited by David Murray (edited March 26, 2001).]
Old March 26, 2001, 16:27   #137
David Murray
Prince

-
[This message has been edited by David Murray (edited March 26, 2001).]
Old March 26, 2001, 19:40   #138
Dale
Emperor

Huys:
This expelling sounding waterunit, does it happen to be on terrain Kelp or Reef? I bet it is. There's a bug in the withdraw that I need to add these terrains to the exclusion statement.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old March 26, 2001, 19:46   #139
Timeline
King

Hello everyone.

quote:

LOCUTUS if you read this, GOOD LUCK man !!!! keep strong !

Hope you feel better soon !

Same Here!

I look forward to your mod Huysmans. Sometimes I think the only thing that is better about CTP2 than Civ2, are the graphics . That will all change with Med Mod of course , but still it will be great to have a little bit of Civ2 back into CTP!!

quote:

WW I and II Subs did have a 5" inch deck gun plus a 20 mm anti-aircraft gun. Remember torpedo is a long-range weapon for both older and new Subs. Nuclear Subs do not have guns nor do they carry any anti-aircraft defenses. I believed in the early 70s there were some talk about putting anti-aircraft missile on our subs but it did not happen.

Look at this:

quote:

Medieval Mod II v1.0 Main readme
Surface ships can no longer bombard other ships. This was done to keep them from destroying subs they stumble across. Sub-surface ships can bombard other ships, however. This makes diversifying your naval forces more important than ever. Defensive surface ships (those colored red in the Med charts), can attack underwater units to act as sub-killers. Note that air units can bombard sub-surface ships.

*Laughing*, I was too lazy to look at the readme . Sorry about that!

quote:

PTs should be able to go into deep water.

Yes, I think it is a bug that they can’t. I think they are supposed to.

quote:

Posted by David Murray

I think the same-government slic should be removed . . . I don't think that slic is needed.

I totally agree with David here. I do not think the slic is needed, I think AIs will do fine without it.

Timeline
Old March 27, 2001, 00:06   #140
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:58

NAVAL UNITS:
Surface ships can no longer bombard other ships. This was done to keep them from destroying subs they stumble across. Sub-surface ships can bombard other ships, however. This makes diversifying your naval forces more important than ever. Defensive surface ships (those colored red in the Med charts), can attack underwater units to act as sub-killers. Note that air units can bombard sub-surface ships.
The Destroyer can now carry 1 small land unit, and submarines can carry small land units as well. This gives you the ability to land special units onto shore from a warship (Destroyer), or undetected (subs.).
Battleships can now carry two Cruise Missiles.
The Missile Frigate is the earliest naval unit capable of bombarding air units. All earlier units are defenseless against air bombardment, except for aircraft-enabled Carriers.
The Carrier can carry Fighters, Dive Bombers, Bombers and Helicopters. The Aircraft Carrier has been re-named the Nuclear Carrier, and may carry all air units. Neither ship can attack other units.
All naval units with a ranged attack also have the flanking ability.
PT Boats, Submarine, Nuclear Subs and Morey Strikers do not have the explodes effect, nor do they have zones of control.
The PT Boat is a stealth-class unit, and can bombard water like a sub.

The above is the section on naval units from the Main readme. It covers several things Timeline asked about in his post yesterday.
Thanks for the counterbombard info. I found about a dozen units which needed to have that ability added.
Self-Propelled Guns don't go obsolete until Integrated Mobile Warfare, which should mean they are in use for 80 turns or so.

I am at about 1650 in my game, and have about 30 cities. I am about 50 to 75 years AHEAD of the timeline at this point. More importantly, the AIs seem to be keeping up with the timeline as well. As a reference, you should get Military Engineering about 1700, and Railroads about 1800. (I stole Military Engineering from an AI).

My terrain improvements are running about 40% commerce, 30% food, and 30% production. Keep in mind that your cities cannot get above size 16 until you get Sanitation in the mid-1800's if the timeline holds.

Mr. Fun, if you will notice, I have my own hosted site here at Apolyton, where you can get betas, public releases, etc. The public release is at least a couple of weeks off at this point, determined most likely by how the slic triggers progress.

We may need to adjust the Diplomod some if all AIs always love all other AIs. There needs to be a balance here. Militaristic types need to be more, well, militaristic towards everyone.

I have no plans to add the Frenzy mod to the Med pack. I have not played with it, but all reports say the same thing; that the game is challenging in some ways but quite predictable. I look at the Frenzy mod as more like a scenario that is fun to play every now and then, but it is not a real improvement to overall AI behavior.

It would be very difficult to have the AI conduct competent amphibious invasions when they can only transport one or two units at a time. And having them land at strategic shore positions is beyond the ability of any game's AI in this day and time.

I play my games on the level right below Impossible, and this is what I am adjusting the timeline to work on.

A lot of you guys keep complaining about the timeline being too slow, and about not having enough things to build. I would recommend that you build more commerce and fewer production tile improvements. The extra advances in the mod mean that you decide the style of play by the advances you choose to pursue. If you go for the ones that lead to improvements, you will have improvements to build. If you go after military advances, you might be stuck with no buildings to construct, which would lead to your falling behind in science. You guys are going to have to change the way you play the game, or you may get in trouble. To me, this increased decision-making is a good thing.
I will say that if you stay at peace with everyone, there will probably be times when there are no buildings to build. I just put this down to a chance to upgrade your forces, or go for Wonders. If you increase building costs, then you make it cheaper to go for units and conquer the world militarily.

I have been wondering what happened with the Pirate mod.
Dale, I also need to know how you have been coming with the air units trigger. If you are stuck with it, I need you to move on to some other things I have in mind. Email me if you are stuck so we can plan things out.

The militia bugs you report are being worked on. The trade route thing is new to me. Must be something with the game.
Militia units don't immediately appear in conquered cities. I have added an explanation of this to the Triggers readme so this will not be confusing in the future.

You must be playing with Raging Hordes (Mauradurs). I play with the next lower level (Raiders).

I keep telling you guys that you have to read the readmes, or else you will be confused about a lot of things. This will also let you better judge what is a bug (no counterbombard) and what isn't (PT Boats in deep water). Btw, Read the historical file on PT Boats.

Joseph, you need to get and install the city_sprites zip at my site to city the Castles problem. Unzip it into the same folder as the rest of the mod components.

Overall, good posts guys, now if you will just cover those readmes I spent so many hours on.
Old March 27, 2001, 00:27   #141
Dale
Emperor

Here's the deep-down of why I implmented the regard cheat for same-govt AI's.

In the standard CTP2 settings, I worked out early on for Diplomod that an AI could possibly take a 250 regard point penalty for playing the way it does (ignoring proposals, not withdrawing, etc). To counter this I added in a 150 point regard cheat to try to alleviate this problem. I found this to neutralise AI's regard for other AI's and to occaisionally generate positive regard for each other. That's basically why I did it. There were some other AI gameplay issues involved but are hard to explain. You know how it is.

Since then I've gone further and softened through diplomacy.txt the regard penalty affects. This allowed for AI's to actually love another AI. Maybe I went too far. Playing is the only way to tell this. It's becoming more evident from players comments that maybe the 150 point cheat is too much. A few possibilities exist:

1 - To leave the regard bonus at 150 and let the AI play as it is.
2 - To decrease the regard bonus to say 50 so the effect is not so heavy.
3 - Elliminate the regard bonus and let the AI play with the softened regard settings in diplomacy.txt

BTW, just as a note I did not soften the AI's regard settings for the human player. In fact I actually increased some of them. IE global regard hit for breaking peace/treaties/alliances.

I leave it to you the players to decide, and Wes of course.

If anyone wants to play around with it, the relevant line is
LogRegardEvent(player[0], player[1], 150, 0, ID_AIS_LOVE_AIS, 0);
It's in the section titled "Generate Positive Regard". Just change the 150 value to whatever you want, or comment the line out to try without a bonus for the AI.

------------------
Old March 27, 2001, 02:32   #142
janilxx
Warlord

Local Time: 11:58
Wes said all militia bugs are corrected. But I want to be sure and thats why I will tell you what I discovered yesterday. You could move militias using keyboard's arrowkeys. But you can not move militias with mouse. And this was tested with march 23rd version

And about the regard. I am not able to play a lot so I hope other players will check sometimes how much regard AIs' have against other AIs. If there is usually a smileface I would recommend that this would be somehow fixed. I think that mostly little more regard than neutral would be the best for most of the situations. And then we would need of course some countries that hates each others(and human player should not be the other part every time!)
[This message has been edited by janilxx (edited March 27, 2001).]
Old March 27, 2001, 03:21   #143
Huysmans_666
Chieftain

Hi,

I think it indeed was a reef or kelpbed ! It was a long time ago, I spent most of the night playing...it's addictive.

One comment though....the barbs seems to be less 'there' further in the game !
Is that ment to be ??? I liked the aggresive stacks that were coming at me !

I installed the fix for the castle sprites but now there is another bug....
all the cities I founded STILL are castles...the cities I conquered are indeed changed.
Not good is it ?

Furthermore I looked at my tech development...It took me 53 turns to discover flintlock.
After I allocated workers to science it dropped to 7 turns !!! Is this correct ?

I can't tell you anything about bombarding yet but I think soon...very soon

Indeed....I was conquering enemy cities and the first two where stacked with units....I made peace with them, after a while I decided I wanted more cities and began conquering again but now the first city I conquered was empty !!!!!! And all the stacks of enemy units are also gone !?
It seems to me like they cannot afford a large enough army to defend themselves.

The militia trigger cracks me up....sometimes my complete city defending army just disappears and at random (or so it seems) militia are created.
Even in one city the right number of militia !

The enemy doesn't EVER use spies/clerics or anything am I right ?
It builds them...but never ever uses them !

Well, this was my report so far !

I think when I say this I speak for a lot of people, the smaller bugs like the spy not being able to steal techs !If it's a question of just putting the button at another place.
Even we can do that.. and it would save you a ****load of time, pardon my language !

Well that all folks !
Old March 27, 2001, 11:00   #144
alley_cat
Chieftain

I just sent the latest build of the GL to Wes, and suggested that he will post it in the next version of his text files so you people can test it and report to me or to Wes ant bugs you encounter.
At the moment the updated GL only contains proper records and entries of the advances (which is actually the most difficult part to work on in the GL).
Old March 27, 2001, 11:01   #145
alley_cat
Chieftain

I just sent the latest build of the GL to Wes, and suggested that he will post it in the next version of his text files so you people can test it and report to me or to Wes ant bugs you encounter.
At the moment the updated GL only contains proper records and entries of the advances (which is actually the most difficult part to work on in the GL).
Old March 27, 2001, 11:01   #146
walkerjonny
Settler

Hi all,

First:
Wes, Wouter & Co. - GREAT WORK you are doing there! Many Thanks for this!

about the 'sience research slowing down' issue which some others posted there:
I recogniced on my games i've made with the mod that around 1600AC to 1900AC after i made tile improvements (mostly food and production improvements and some Trading Posts) and all aviable city improvements (especially Academy and University) that the sience production of the cities goes down (sometimes to 0) instead raisung up. This causes the long sience research. But why does this happen?
Thank you for your help!

regards
Ewald
Old March 27, 2001, 15:38   #147
GreatDane
Settler

Local Time: 10:58
One big problem with the current frenzy mod is that it does not work well together with the diplomod. For fun I tried using the frenzy mod with the Medmod. I had an ally who then just suddenly attacked me which was'nt very nice.

One thing I do like is the ability of the AI to send stacks of units at your cities. If somehow it was possible to use that ability only when the AI was at war with you that would be perfect.

The AI just need to be more intelligent, which ofcourse takes alot of programming (just ask Activision ).

I really like the Medmod as it is now, but a more agressive AI would be great.
Old March 27, 2001, 17:55   #148
David Murray
Prince

To GreatDane:

Insert the following slic into the end of the scenario.slc file and it will ensure that any AI you have a treaty of any kind with, will not attack you.

HandleEvent(BeginTurn) 'FAI_FRENZY_ADDON setup' pre { DisableTrigger('FAI_FRENZY level'); DisableTrigger('FAI_FRENZY_ADDON setup');}HandleEvent(BeginTurn) 'FAI_FRENZY_ADDON everyturn' pre { if (!IsHumanPlayer(player[0]) && FAI_INIT == 1000) { if (FAI_FRENZY != 4) { if (!HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 32) && !HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 33) && !HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 38)) { if (FAI_FRENZY == -1) { FAI_FRENZY = 4; } elseif (FAI_HateLevel[player[0]] >= FAI_HATE4_COEF) { FAI_FRENZY = 4; } elseif (FAI_HateLevel[player[0]] >= FAI_HATE3_COEF) { FAI_FRENZY = 3; } elseif (FAI_HateLevel[player[0]] >= FAI_HATE2_COEF) { FAI_FRENZY = 2; } elseif (FAI_HateLevel[player[0]] >= FAI_HATE1_COEF) { FAI_FRENZY = 1; } } elseif (FAI_FRENZY != -1) { FAI_FRENZY = 0; } } elseif (HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 38)) { FAI_FRENZY = -1; } elseif (HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 32)) { if (random(100) < 90) { FAI_FRENZY = -1; } } elseif (HasAgreement(player[0], FAI_HumanNumber, 33)) { if (random(100) < 50) { FAI_FRENZY = -1; } } }}

It was posted in the Frenzy Mod thread long ago.

Wes would be advised to take note--added to the normal Frenzy mod, I see no reason no to include it into MedMod. *winks*
Old March 27, 2001, 19:51   #149
Dale
Emperor

I've sent updated scripts to Wes that do the following changes:

- AI's won't conduct any diplomacy (map swapping, embassys, etc) until official contact is made. Fixes the explored bubbles surrounded by black and embassys before contact problems.
- AI's air units will return to be refueled if not starting the turn in a city/airbase/carrier.

Dale

------------------
Old March 28, 2001, 00:29   #150
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:58
UPDATE ALERT: New text update posted.
This one fixes a lot of things, from Banks needing Bazaars as preqs to the counterbombard omissions. I have also adjusted the population pollution levels, which were much too high, to what I originally intended for them to be. This may help with the tech slow-down in the Industrial age. Dale's adjustments to the Diplomod are in, as is the Air units trigger. I cut the fuel for Bomber-types to two turns to fit in with the trigger. City Clock's and Television Stations cost more in upkeep- see the Main readme.

I recommend continuing your current games unless the timeline is already way off. Use cheat mode to reload slic. Just remember to push the pollution button until city pollution is present when you close cheat mode and press F2.

I note on sprites- The Horse Archer is using the Ctp1 Cavalry sprite until Morgoth's new sprite is ready. Same for the Siege Engine and Partisan.

Absolute Monarchy was something Harlan, Charles and I had some discussion on. I used Constitutional Monarchy in the Med mod I, and was going to use it here as well. Charles stated that Great Britain was the exception in going this route, and that the evolution of Firearms and the increased expense of fielding an army concentrated power in the hands of the kings in that era, resulting in such rulers as Louis "I *am* the state" XIV. These monarchies did not collapse until Republican revolution in America first, then France and finally the rest of Europe. Britain was the exception in all this with its gradual transition of power.

I adjusted Absolute Mon, and made some more comments in the Govern page to explain some of the stats listed there.

The new Great Library is in the mod now, so get an early start on Easter by hunting for errors in the advances section. I have already found a few- see how many *you* can find.
While you are there, be sure to check out the pictures. Some of them are inspired "Cavalry Tactics", and humorous "Sanitation and Contraception". Harlan did an outstanding job on them. Where is Harlan, anyway? Charles, too, for that matter.

Finally, I could not get the GL to load, so I re-inserted the Intro movie, and the thing worked, so I have left it in this time.
[This message has been edited by WesW (edited March 27, 2001).]