Old March 21, 2001, 01:31   #1
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
CityMod2
I am working on CityMod2. I want to add to Harlan's city architectures (Castle and Central American Pyramid) and the Industrial age a style of my own. An Egyptain pyramid style. The images for the Ancient and Renaissance styles are completed. I plan also to add city graphics for Computer Age and Future Age.
Additional I modified the tech images for the Great Library.

If you want to see your own city graphics in this mod please send it to me.
If you have suggestions for new ages and styles this thread is the right place.

And finally I will not address the sea graphics, because of the diamond age bug. I don't know how to fix it.
Old April 27, 2001, 18:17   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

I digged up this thread: Now I completed the city sprites. The Great Library was improved more informations is now depending on the *.txt files.
I will offer two posibilities to play one with sea city graphics and one without sea city graphics. Who wants to playtest? I have now to fine tune the ages. And a close look on the Great Library. Everyone who wants to playtest, translate or use some stuff for his own mods please post here or send a email to Guehmann@t-online.de

-Martin
Old April 27, 2001, 18:25   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:59
I might as well take a look. Any excuse to try out mods...
Old April 28, 2001, 00:07   #4
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:59
Martin, I have integrated Harlan's graphics mod into the medpack, so you may want to get it and at least use the same numbers for the city sprites as I have (I think I had to increase each number by 34 to lead off from the ctp2 sprites).
If you make more sprites for additional ages, that would be great for the med mod too.
Old May 27, 2001, 16:16   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

CityMod2 nearly complete
CityMod2 is finished. I remade my sprites for the Industrial age and the Modern age just to have better view on the city walls. I also added to Harlan's and my sprites, sprites based on PinkFriend's work. Now CityMod2 contains seven city styles and graphics for seven different ages. Three ages without own graphics. I think I am very close to the final version of the text files therefore only the images for the Great Library are left, but for implementing them I don't need to modify any of the text files . That means these images will be optional. Unfortunatlely I didn't find a solution for the sea city bug. Sea cities have undersea tunnels on their terrain tile. Unfortunatly undersea tunnels turn the on which they are built into a land tile .

If you want to test the German version of CityMod2 (or translate it) visit the English CTP2 download section of my site:

http://guehmann.bei.t-online.de/englishd.htm

-Martin
Old May 28, 2001, 11:09   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

CityMod2 - English
I have translated the neccessary files into english, and am mailing them to Martin now. I do not have space on my site for it, but hopefully Martin will...

The new sprites are very nice btw
Old June 3, 2001, 18:12   #7
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

CityMod2 - English
It is now on my site:

http://guehmann.bei.t-online.de/englishd.htm

I decided to convert it for ModSwapper. ModSwapper has a lot of advantages in coparision to a scenario file structure based mod. There is less trouble with savegamebugs et cetera. By the way it won't overwrite the German files if you moved them from the german to the english folder. I needed some time to move the files from my old comp to my new one and to fix something concerning the English info_str.txt. There were something mising I translated it (with the stupid Alta Vista Bubblefish translator) and added it to this file. Enjoy it, íntegrate it in your own mods et cetera...

-Martin

Last edited by Martin Gühmann; June 3, 2001 at 18:23.
Old June 10, 2001, 10:59   #8
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

CityMod2 complete
Now I have everything together CityMod2 in English and German and the image pack for the Great Library. Everything is now valid on my page:

http://guehmann.bei.t-online.de/englishd.htm (The English version)

http://guehmann.bei.t-online.de/deutschd.htm (The Geman version)

By the way I tested the newer links I was able to download my *.zip files successfully without any corupptions.

Now I can hope that MarkG will update the database in the next days, he promissed it Dale to do it soon three weeks ago.

Now I know why OmniGod wanted everything from the add a file page encluded in the email. The missing tag Unknown Requirement stop you to submit your files. And I also now I to fill out the form correctly, of course the modify a file form not the add a file form.

-Martin
Old June 10, 2001, 17:21   #9
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Maybe if we asked nicely, the "add a resource" form would be fixed so that it does work ?
Old June 12, 2001, 17:59   #10
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

A working version of the Add a File form
Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
Maybe if we asked nicely, the "add a resource" form would be fixed so that it does work ?
Now I found out how to use the Add a File form successfully. I was able to submitt my last tree image packs successfully with this form. Of course I used a modified version of this form. It was like hacking through the CTP2 text files.

I added to the form a tertiary file possibility and fixed the Requirement Tag. Now there are three possibilities: None, Patch1.11 and MM2. I think that is possible that people make mods for the Medpack2 therefore I added Wes file suffix to the list. And you aren't able to send from this form a email to OmniGod. The email will now go to MarkG. All what you have to do is now to download the new add a file form from this post, unzip it, load it with your browser and fill it out. It worked for me.

-Martin
Old June 12, 2001, 18:04   #11
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

I Thougt I attached a file in my last post therefore a second attemp.

Edit: Unfortunatly there is no attach function in the edit mode.

Last edited by Martin Gühmann; June 12, 2001 at 18:13.
Old June 12, 2001, 18:27   #12
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

I try to attach a *.zip file with a size of 4515 bytes and the limit is 150000 bytes, maybe it is a problem with Opera now I try it with Netscape6. If this failes again I will give it up.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip add.zip (4.4 KB, 8 views)
Old June 12, 2001, 21:08   #13
ContradictioN

Hey!

I just tried out the that new Mod made by WES, and I think its excellent, can't wait to play my 2nd game.

But I realised that the cities were different, and so I wanted to ask, if I made some cities, could you help me put them into the game. I will only do it if my work is good enough.

I will do a castle now and post it up here so you can see.

But before I go too far, is there anything I should know? like is there a limit to the colours I can use? anti-aliasing? (I noticed that I can't do that) file format, etc

thanks!

Old June 13, 2001, 07:32   #14
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

I made for this CityMod2 an Egyptain style maybe you can make better one. I hadn't enough time to find images for temples and Egyptain buildings. Therefore my solution for the Egyptain Renaissance was to combine European and Arabian style. In this time Egyptain wasn't indipendant and so I decided that the Egyptains were influenced by both Romans and Arabians. Of course that is a fact but you could add a SphinxMabe there are also other styles for example there were many African cultures that are overlooked. I will attach to this post a *.tif file that contains city walls so you can place your city probably. I assume you know how to use the sprite make tool. I can you send more stuff like all my *.tif files for reference and also the screen captures. And it is necassary that the images have an alpha mask. The attachment contains two *.tif files. One is the small ancient arabian city with city walls with alpha and the other one is only with city walls and without alpha. Maybe you can guess how I made it.

By the way I always wanted to make a GoodMod. That should contain new trade goods and also the behavior should be modified. Nordicus already make somthing like that for CTP1 but something was missing, the shadows and the result was that the trade goods look flat. I always wanted to ask him to give me the *.tif files so it would be easier for me to add the shadows instead of using screen captures. And there is also a posibility that allow goods you can animate them. Now you ask where you can switch on good animation in CTP2: It is not posible from within the game but you can modify the userprofile.txt, there you can find this line:

GoodAnim=Yes

Ok instead of Yes you find No but that should be the line to the the animations of goods. Test it with the cheat editor.

-Martin
Attached Files:
File Type: zip bilder.zip (8.7 KB, 4 views)