Old March 26, 2001, 18:53   #1
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 06:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Imran, any word on 1.09?
I just got the game delivered yesterday, but I want to finish Baldur's Gate 2 first (I generally hate playing two games at once). But I figured if there's a 1.09 coming out, it might be good to wait anyway. As I recall, you mentioned something about there going to be one?
yin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2001, 19:29   #2
Shadowstrike
Emperor

Local Time: 05:05
Bah! I'm still waiting....

*grumbles*
Shadowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2001, 22:04   #3
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

I bet there will be. No official word yet however. But they always tweak the game. 1.08 though is stable for me. It hasn't crashed yet.

But play Baldur's Gate 2 first . Being, you know, the 2nd best game of all time (Civ being #1) you'd want to devote all your time to it .
Imran Siddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2001, 22:55   #4
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Yes, I've developed the habit of NOT being an early adopter of games, so that's why I'm finally playing Baldur's Gate 2. Actually, I hated that game for the first several hours, but now it's beginning to pick up pace. I'd really hate to get involved in EU and lose focus on both. So I'll happily wait for 1.09...if it comes. If not, I hear 1.08 is pretty solid.

The only game I have jumped on early in recent memory is Black and White. In fact, I even upgraded my computer for it, but if that comes out in April, heck, I'll still be playing BG2! So I'll have EU, Black and White AND Operational Art of War 2 just sitting on my desk staring at me. "Install ME!" I can see the mental dilemma forming as I type...
Old March 27, 2001, 21:13   #5
Victor Galis
Emperor

Yeah, I really should go back to BG II, I got to the Underdark, then I got EU, and forgot all about it Oh well, at least I finally got through my game as France (Took so long because it was such a stunning victory, too much micromanagement in the late game.)
Victor Galis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2001, 21:19   #6
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Right now I'm at the Harper's place in the Dock District about to be attacked because apparently they think I'm so evil. Worst part is Jaihera (sp?) took me there! Of course, she's going to fight to keep me from being imprisoned under the soil. But since it's very hard to win major battles the first (second or third or fourth...) time, I've already given this fight two chances this morning before going to work. That's one thing that annoys me about the game, I must say...
Old March 28, 2001, 02:19   #7
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

quote:

Yeah, I really should go back to BG II, I got to the Underdark, then I got EU, and forgot all about it Oh well, at least I finally got through my game as France (Took so long because it was such a stunning victory, too much micromanagement in the late game.)

NO NO! Finish game!

You ain't far.

And Yin, I know. That battle is (IMO) the toughest battle in the game. (Well at least for any human party, vampires and mind flyers are worse because of their attacks). Just remember, SAVE OFTEN .

I beat the game, then played half of a second game. First on with a Cavalier/Paladin and the second with a Swashbucker/Thief. First was a good party, second is an evil party. I stopped playing the second game because of new games.

I definitely pick it up when the expansion comes out. Damn! What a fine game. I can't believe it even outdid Fallout!
Imran Siddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2001, 05:25   #8
Bearcat
King

Local Time: 10:05
So are these new versions actual upgrades that you buy as a CD, or are they downloadable patches?
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote