SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 05:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Legend In Their Own Mind Vote
So who do you vote for, and why?

Who of these visionaries deserves the recognition of most conceited, egotistical, and yes, amusing ?
Old May 22, 2001, 19:41   #2
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Eyes was an easy vote. I never heard of the "new gun"... but I do know how good Eyes is... Who knows, maybe it would be a good match, I just don't think so
Old May 22, 2001, 23:00   #3
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 02:14
you forgot to include markusf
Old May 23, 2001, 02:05   #4
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

No, Eyes and Strat are clearly the leaders, for the purposes of this vote.

Last edited by SlowwHand; May 23, 2001 at 06:47.
Old May 23, 2001, 04:11   #5
Civ Retard
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:14
Well thank you Slow Hands for finally allowing the massas to declare there support for the games greatest player and gentlemen EyesofNight! Who is who I voted for which is what you all should do if you know whats good for you! It takes guts for somebody like EyesofNight to come on this here forum and tell things like it is!

ps Stratergimping is pretty good two! And A gentleman as well two! So he comes in second! But who will remembur in 10 years who came in second nobody, thats who! So go EyesofNight!
Old May 23, 2001, 08:59   #6
drake
King

Local Time: 06:14
I think they both are awesome so I voted for them both! They RULE! I sit at home every night dreaming that I was as good at killing electronic men as them! I wish so bad to be just like them! I am so envious, because of their great skills I bet they get lots of groupies. You think if I asked nice enough that they wold let me be their shoe shine boy? Damn they are just so good!!

See, sitting in ones room all day and being antisocial does have its advantages! You can be king of the world and the envy of all of your peers!

Unfortunately I know my dream can probably never be realized as I have this annoying responsibility that some people call a life......Gosh darnit, if only I was like tem and had no life, I could be the civ champ of the world and get the glory and the girls....

*sigh*
Guess I'll have to settle for dreaming.............
Old May 23, 2001, 09:06   #7
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Remember, legends in their own mind, not legends in their own time.
Old May 23, 2001, 10:30   #8
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

"New Gunn" Ming, I have been around for over 2 years. I am 8 time Game League Champion. I am the very best in the world at this stupid flawwed game. And for godsakes, get my name right its: STRA-TEGIC-KING.......
damn wannabies...
Old May 23, 2001, 11:37   #9
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by StrategicKing2
"New Gunn" Ming, I have been around for over 2 years. I am 8 time Game League Champion. I am the very best in the world at this stupid flawwed game. And for godsakes, get my name right its: STRA-TEGIC-KING.......
damn wannabies...
Hmmm... STRA-TEGIC-KING (is that better )
since I stay away from Game League and the Zone... and you haven't posted here in these forums, you are a "New Gun" to me

And my opinion of you just went up since you called it a flawwed game.

It's nice to know it should be an interesting match. From some of the other posts, it looks like you will be a good opponent for them. So have fun... go knock yourselves out... just remember to have somebody report in here (kind of stupid to ask since who ever wins will yell it from the top of the mountains)

And as far as damn wannabies... HA HA HA HA. I play for fun. I've never had an interest in gameleague or being recogonized as the best player. Frankly, I'm only an above average player who can be competitive... As stated so well above, I have a real life that is a "tad" more important in the overall scheme of life

But, if you ever want to play pinball, bridge, Hearts, Spades, bowl, shoot pool, air hockey (all things I did when I was young)... I'll kick your ass
Old May 23, 2001, 11:49   #10
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Hearts, spades, and/or pool? Pick me, pick me!
They have free pool on Wednesday at the V.F.W. even.
NOW we're talking.

Strat, go build your record up more in your usual manner.
Go to the Zone and talk some newbie into joining League before you'll play them.
You can then push some poor guy around, and claim 19 bazillion victories.
1 A.D., winner based on graph, build Pyramids, and done deal.
Yeah, you're realllll good.

I cast my vote for Eyes though, because he has more style and ability.
Not what the vote was for, but I can't see you winning in much.

Last edited by SlowwHand; May 23, 2001 at 19:08.
Old May 23, 2001, 19:15   #11
Eyes_Of_Night
King

HAHAHHAA!! You peasants just do not comprehend the power of this game. When I walk down the street hundreds of fans swarm me asking for my autograph. This game has brought me world fame, and soon, very soon, I will achieve world conquest and establish myself as a god!! MUWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!! Drake, you have the audacity to ask me to teach you? HA! I would not touch you with a pole, let alone teach you my secrets. Bow down before me cretin and accept your place in society as a nobody!

As for you slow, I haven't played league in about 6 months. And incase you have forgotten, I played only people in the top 10. It's how I was always able to jump to number 1 with in a matter of days. I was 24-2 last time and that was playing against nothing but top 10 players. And if it was for ****ing pinball I would have been 24-0 but unfortunately he played 2 of the best games of his life. Unfortunately for him he never won another game after that. Also I've never played a powergraph game before and building pyramids was a strategy I used to use back in the summer of 99. I have since gone well beyond that inferior strategy. Also, I never go on the zone anymore.
Old May 23, 2001, 19:16   #12
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Seems the 2 fastest viewed threads in multiplay have been this poll and the reciprocated challenges between Eyes of Night and Strategyking.

Don King, watch out.

If trends are anything, I'll have to say Eyes has won, or will win, this poll.

Now quit spitting at each other, and go to it.
Old May 24, 2001, 01:35   #13
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

Ming, if you go thru the archives of apoloyton, I have made numerous posts over the years. If you goto apoloyton game league forums, well lets just say that war and peace would be a short read compared to my endless ramblings, just ask sloww...
Old May 24, 2001, 02:08   #14
bravelaker1000
Warlord

personally i wasnt even paying attention strat asked me to vote for him lol. So i guess if his ego is big enough to want to win this poll then his ego would have to be pretty large
Old May 24, 2001, 08:07   #15
Ming
lifer
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by StrategicKing2
Ming, if you go thru the archives of apoloyton, I have made numerous posts over the years. If you goto apoloyton game league forums, well lets just say that war and peace would be a short read compared to my endless ramblings, just ask sloww...
The game league forums are a place I almost never visit... Plus, you do show a "settler" title... So please forgive my assumption I stand corrected...

So get the "challange" going, and make sure all the details are published in the regular civ forums so a larger audience can keep track of this super event!
Old May 24, 2001, 16:32   #16
Eyes_Of_Night
King

Yeah, he's been around a while Ming. I nominated him in my "Who is the biggest ****ing moron?" thread. That was about a year ago. Since then half the posts on the gameleague forum are me making fun of him. The only difference I see in this is that it's on the multiplayer forum this time. The result will still be the same. Complete and utter humiliation for strat.
Old May 28, 2001, 11:26   #17
John Barbarossa
Warlord

I rather thought...
I rather thought I was the most arrogant in the old Civ 2 community, but Eyes was merely a young up and comer getting weekly lessons from Kaak back then *grins* (how are you old friend). Since then he has dealt out a few lessons of his own, and got my vote.

As for this .... now let me get this right.... StrategicKing. Well methinks he has no room left for his ego, until he has spat some of his bile out on the forums. Eyes has style no matter what you may think of him, this guy sounds plain nasty. Have a bit of pride, BileKing and try to match your skills with just a modicum of grace.

Hello Ming.

Hello all.

John
Old May 28, 2001, 11:53   #18
Ming
lifer
Retired

My God... a JB sighting!!!!!!!!

Now, all you hot studs with an attitude... You can all take a lesson from JB... At the time, he was the best... and he was a class act too... A good example to follow

Good to see you post JB... Your experience and advice are missed here
Old May 28, 2001, 11:53   #19
Nap Bonaparte
Warlord

Hi JB.......good to see you post on the forums again
Old May 28, 2001, 15:47   #20
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Surely this is a spirit sighting.
Old May 29, 2001, 15:16   #21
Eyes_Of_Night
King

Hi JB. Why don't you ever message me on ICQ anymore? You're going to play civ3 right? I'm always open to a game still if you ever want to play again. I'd really like to show you the strategy Markus and I developed, I think you'd really like it. The only way to describe it is as perfection. Send me a message some time.
Old June 5, 2001, 01:13   #22
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

I am nasty? Obviously you have not read the many personal attacks that your boy eyes has made over the last two years since I came on the seen and you went awol, John. I never get personal unless in defense from others who just dont look past my bragadosish exterior. If they did, they would know that most of the time I am just trying to envoke a response from anyone or just trying some dry humor.
Jesus, doesnt anybody get that?
And yes, my ego is that big, but i really believe, everything being equal, I am the best in the world, but I dont need to attack others to make myself seem better.
Old June 5, 2001, 01:27   #23
StrategicKing2
Chieftain

And Sloww, have you checked out game league listings lately? I Civ Assasined A-Team sending me to the bottom and even though occasionally ill just play a game for the hell of it for Gl, Ill never report a victory. I dont care about winning or losing any more, there obsolete concepts. I am looking for the grey ghost, that one game that is competitive from start to finish. A game where you continuaully increase your capabilities and can explore all that civ has to offer . If i dont get this from a game, Ill just quit. Its pointless to do the same thing time and time again if it leads no where. I want to think and plan and change the face of the board and continuaully push for more capabilities, markus is not the only player persuing trade route strategies, but i am working on spectacular offensive tactics that no one else uses like unlimited ground movement, perfected ship chaining and carrying out massive assults under democracy.
And i wont play newbies, cant stand them, if the ending is not in doubt, why play? If your perfect, and know your going to win, dont play go do something else thats more challenging unless you get paid for it.
Old June 5, 2001, 01:38   #24
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 20:14
huzzah!
Strategyking finally stumbled onto a worthwhile thought. Its not winning or losing, its those games when you are really enjoying the play that are most worthwhile.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old June 5, 2001, 03:30   #25
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Interesting this poll, i thought it was meant to ask who is a legend in their own mind, meaning they jsut think they legends but arent reaaly one... in which case eyes gets my vote as he no legend unless you count cheating.. Havent seenn any posts re Stategicking being caught cheating so he maybe a real legend....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old June 5, 2001, 08:25   #26
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Rasputin, it is exactly as you thought.
Legend in their OWN mind voting.

Masters of rules edit and cheat mode. (See best players thread).
Old June 5, 2001, 13:13   #27
Eyes_Of_Night
King

"Strategyking finally stumbled onto a worthwhile thought. Its not winning or losing, its those games when you are really enjoying the play that are most worthwhile."

Which is why strat quits 90% of his games and blames every loss he gets on luck.
Old June 5, 2001, 17:53   #28
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

I'm glad they are not girls
Watch the fur fly.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old June 5, 2001, 21:40   #29
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Actually I wihs they were girls, they would have a use then !!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old June 6, 2001, 17:06   #30
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
But, if you ever want to play pinball, bridge, Hearts, Spades, bowl, shoot pool, air hockey (all things I did when I was young)... I'll kick your ass
Oh man, nearly my dream septathalon! We should meet sometime... LOL!

I used to work near an arcade place that awarded 10 tokens for the high game of the week on each machine. By the time I left that job, I had a drawer full of them! Bridge and pool aren't my best, but I'm competitive enough at them and I'll make it up on the others (unless your bowling average is over 170).

Tell me you live near Washington DC...