Old May 23, 2001, 14:00   #1
dennis_caver
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Vol 5 of the bug list - another one
If you playing gigantic maps, the number of saves is limited. This is OK, but it doesn't tell you
your file is full. It just crashes to desktop. This is the last game I'm playing with *&%$#@ CTP2.

Cavin forever,

Dennis
Old May 24, 2001, 06:14   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 12:16
On default gigantic map? I have no problems there. Maybe your hard drive is full. In this case deleting some of your older savegames will help.

-Martin
Old May 24, 2001, 15:08   #3
dennis_caver
Chieftain

Hi Martin,

I'm playing a 150X300 setting on gigantic. This is probably the largest I can
play because of speed. No, I have plenty of hard disk space. I can only save
about 7 stores of this large game before the problem shows up. Also it
didn't start showing up until mid-game, but I don't know if this is a factor.

Cavin forever,

Dennis
Old May 26, 2001, 11:43   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 12:16
A Recall
Now I recall that I had a similar problem: I started a scenario to test CityMod2. I put my modded files in a scen folder of an unpatched CTP2 than I moved to an patched version of CTP2. I did that, because I hoped to avoid the savegame bug of Patch1.1 and I wanted to use Diplomod. I was able to turn on the pollution. But I wasn't able to get rid of the extra turn.

This bug appear if you use the scenario file structure for your mod. But I got a different bug in the early mid game. I was saving and loading frequently, but at once my last save caused a crach every time by trying loading it. But there odd thing was that also save games were coruppted that I already loaded successfully. I was able to load some early savegames but with strange results.

My cities used instead of my Egypt city style the CTP1 underwater style. I don't know how CTP2 was able to find them, of course I put them in a self made subdirectory, but CTP2 shouldn't be able to find them there. And I didn't implement the CTP1 sea city sprites in any way into the game.

My last conclusion was to start a new game I saved the map and started the game again on the same map. It was a standart gigantic map with ten civs. I played it without any problems ecxept speed problems (This will be solved soon I orderd a new comp) til the middle of the modern age.

Therefore give the game a second chance. I know this a hard conclusion but I did it. By the way I got in the early game a global warming message.

-Martin
Old May 26, 2001, 21:58   #5
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Ah new bugs CTP2 is still alive!