Old May 24, 2001, 15:05   #1
Rhuarc
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 05:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Where Is The Music?!?!
I have looked and looked but nowhere can I find the music files that CTP2 uses! Could someone please help me out? Also, when I am playing using the MM2 or just a regular game the music does not play even if the CD is inserted. Anybody got any ideas why this would be happening?
Old May 24, 2001, 15:51   #2
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:19
This may sound a bit silly but do you even have the music on? During a game, press the Esc button, click on music and check if it's even on. I too once noticed how the music had mysteriously turned itself off one day...

The music isn't stored on files BTW but on the CD itself: put you CD in your regular (audio) CD-player and you'll see 13 odd tracks show up. So you can even play CtP2 music in your car driving to work or whatever if you want to Note though that the first track contains the actual data and shouldn't be played, odds are it will damage your CD-player or speakers.
Old May 24, 2001, 17:08   #3
jadlakha
Warlord

Local Time: 10:19
Re: Where Is The Music?!?!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhuarc
I have looked and looked but nowhere can I find the music files that CTP2 uses! Could someone please help me out? Also, when I am playing using the MM2 or just a regular game the music does not play even if the CD is inserted. Anybody got any ideas why this would be happening?
I HEAR YA BROTHA!!!!!!!!! Ive had this exact same problem. AND YES I TURNED THE FREAKING MUSIC ON!!!!! The music was one of the few things that I like about this ****ty game. I tried asking about this problem several times but nobody cared and nobody listened. So I just gave up and hoped that someday the music would start playing. Strangely reinstalling did not solve the problem. I gots no idea of what to do but some idea would help.
Old May 24, 2001, 21:33   #4
Rhuarc
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Yes, the music is turned on! And I can see the tracks in regular cd player, but I want to copy them to my computer! But when I go to the cd there are no music tracks anywhere to be found? Are they hidden or something form the computer?
Old May 24, 2001, 23:12   #5
me_irate
Warlord

hmmm i had this problem but stupid me didn't relize that the music controlls were in the title screen options rather than ingame. ( i thought for sure i checked it first but aparently i didn't because that was my prob.) every time you start the game without the cd it automatically turns music off. you have to go into options on the main screen and turn music off, i find it best to select a trac and turn auto repeat off. another thing it could be is that you have your midi sound muted in windows. its often the simple dumb things that get me, I assume its complicated and go searching overlooking the simple things.
Old May 25, 2001, 06:29   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:19
To copy them onto the computer, treat them exactly as tracks on an audio CD, use something like MusicMatch Jukebox to rip them into Mp3 format.
Old May 25, 2001, 07:09   #7
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 10:19
Guys, be honest ; The music sucks!

It really can't matter that much if it plays or not...I mean I almost never have it on. It is irritaing and repeats, and is always primal...even when your city is in an advanced age!
Old May 25, 2001, 07:18   #8
Rhuarc
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Well, see I wouldn't know if it sucks or not, because I've never really had the music turned on! And now I decided to try playing with it turned on, and it doesn't work! I'll try ripping it like I normally do a cd. Thanks guys!
Old May 25, 2001, 23:13   #9
me_irate
Warlord

the music sucks? you have got to be kidding. i love the music, it really puts me in the mood to play civ. i cant even play this game without music. without music i get angry because the ai does stupid stuff, and all kinds of bugs, but the music sooths me. and makes the game allot more enjoyable. I have heard many many people say they like the music, but sean you are the first i have ever heard to say they didn't like the music.