Old July 18, 2001, 05:50   #211
phoenixcager
Call to Power PBEMC4WDG Delian League
Emperor

Local Time: 18:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Looks like I'll have to skip my turn, guys.

My home pc (where ctp2 is installed) is currently packed in boxes while my flat (apartment) is being renovated. Looks like I'm out of the action for a few more weeks...unless I get round to digging it out and assembling it at the place I'm staying at temporarily
Old July 19, 2001, 02:21   #212
Chris Horscroft
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:21
I've been out of things for a while, but have now read the posts on this thread and am wondering whether I can join in and have a turn or two before the AIs wipe out this brave race?

Basically:

1) Are you playing with any particular mods in place?
2) Do you just copy the saved game into the save directories and go from there?
3) Can I play too?

My email address is:

Scarlet.Biro@bigpond.com

Cheers,

Chris Horscroft
Old July 19, 2001, 02:29   #213
David Murray
Prince

What's happening Phoenixcager? Should I forward the fle to the next player? I did send you it but I assumed that you would forward it to the next player if you were unable to play.
Old July 19, 2001, 02:54   #214
phoenixcager
Call to Power PBEMC4WDG Delian League
Emperor

Local Time: 18:21
I've sent the file to me_irate, so no need to do anything, unless he breaks the 72-hour rule.
Old July 19, 2001, 07:17   #215
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:21
Quote:
Basically:

1) Are you playing with any particular mods in place?
No
Quote:
2) Do you just copy the saved game into the save directories and go from there?
Yes
Quote:
3) Can I play too?
SKEEVE???

I should think so Chris.
Old July 19, 2001, 09:18   #216
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 05:21
Wombat, I believe Skeeve won't answer you for a while because according to the following quote, he is still at the beach.

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeeve
In the meantime, you guys won't hear from me for a week and a half. I have my final summar class on July 12th, and then it's off to the BEACH!
However, I vote that Chris can play.

(By the way, this is post #100!)
Old July 19, 2001, 09:36   #217
rooboy
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:21
Another aussie can't do any harm, surely?
Old July 19, 2001, 09:47   #218
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
Wombat, I believe Skeeve won't answer you for a while because according to the following quote, he is still at the beach.
So even my big shout can't reach him?
Old July 19, 2001, 15:57   #219
me_irate
Warlord

i have recieved the file, will hopefully play tonight, i have a fealing bobs island cottage will be rebuilt after all.
Old July 20, 2001, 00:23   #220
Chris Horscroft
Chieftain

Great!

Will patiently await a final ruling and a file!

Cheers
Chris
Old July 20, 2001, 15:22   #221
me_irate
Warlord

I was about to ask skeeve to post the list again (its a couple pages back) i hope this is up to date, my file will be on its way to johnny shortly

1) Skeeve - Scanga@aol.com
2) Berxpert - Berxpert@yahoo.com
3) Immortal Wombat - Weaver1@tinyworld.co.uk
4) Darkknight - Gondhi_dm@hotmail.com
5) Sean - Kimpton@xtra.co.nz
6) David_Murray - david@windygates.co.uk
7) Phoenixcager - Phoenixcager@yahoo.com
8) me_irate - me_irate@hotmail.com
9) Johnny - Jonny11788@aol.com
10) rooboy - arb77@optushome.com.au
11) pilfur - twaterman@execulink.com
12) Vivala - jbnhl@hotmail.com
13) Gazablanca - gazbeans@blueyonder.co.uk
14) OmniGod - rsaari@alumni.uwaterloo.ca

15) Chris Horscroft-Scarlet.Biro@bigpond.com

since no one has said they have a prob with chris i guess he'll be 15 after omni so if their are no objections.....
Old July 20, 2001, 15:49   #222
me_irate
Warlord

bob returns to build his cottage
Here is the acount of the ruler bob.

After having his island cottage sacked durring his retirement, he barely escaped on a raft. Sent adrift and riding the currents he finally lands in english territory. Studying their advanced tech's he begins to form a plan for not only his new cottage, but the conquest of these pitiful people.

finally in 1644 he believes he has learned enough he departs on a ship back to the austrailians. There he finds the people without a ruler and reassumes his past role.

1645- as his first act, he raises wages slightly to calm the revolting masses. He also increases public works to 20 and moves several ships toward the english to fullfill his plans. He also notices that iratland has the potential to be a science capital so he begins a project of develpoing the coast with ports.

1650- this span of time to be mostly quite with just a few ships moving about.

1655 apolyton builds settlers. the great leader bob has plans to use these valuable citizens to man his new retirement home. He orders serveys to be done in order to find a good location for his new home.

Also our great army of 8 lands near Winchester. We take fire and lose 2 units immediately but Bob is not phased.

1660- An army lands near Iratland and Young. the people panick but the great leader remains calm and orders the apropriate troop movements.

The great english city of winchester falls to our victorious army.
Chears erupt in the streets and a grand statue of the Austrailans first war hero in the quest to conquer the english is erected in the capital plaza.

1665- Discover ag revolution we begin to research optics. Rooville builds the first Carrack in our nations history. Bob names it "Bobs Private Yacht" much to the digress of the military leaders. Lucky for our wareffort he lets them borrow it for troop transportation to the front.

The invaders combine thier armies on the borders of young. We bombard them accordingly.
1670- The invaders attack young but they are defeated thanks to our great military leader. We did take heavy losses but hey were mostly of phalanxes or pikemen.

Bob orders several units of infantry to reinforce Young.

1675- More ports built in various cities.

1680- reinforce winchester with 2 infantry divisions brought by a longship.

1685- more armies land near Aaagh and Iratland. We attack the one near iratland with the cities defenders and easily destroy them. We also attack army near Aaaah but we lose 1 infantry.

Bobs new and improved island cottage built northwest of Apolyton. plans for his re-re-retirement are made. Another statue is built in the first city he founded Iratland to honer the great leaders war effort.

1690- Bob notices that iratland is now the number 1 science city with 197 science(from 99 to begin with). Builds mines in many cities to aid in the construction of more defending units.

retires to his island cotage.

As soon as he arives, he sacrifices 3 bob dolls in order to curse anyone who lets his new cotage fall to an enemy.

by the way a scout unit attacked manchester it had many cannons 4 i think a catapult and at least one cavalry they are untouchable as of right now.

Last edited by me_irate; July 22, 2001 at 21:56.
Old July 22, 2001, 06:48   #223
Sean
Prince

Great going!! I real conquest! Lets conquere them fully. The best science project is take over civs more advanced than you. May the English nation soon be buried!!

Howevr, while I agree that it is our first war hero against another nation, remember me and DK had to work damn hard just to keep us alive early on!!

Sean.
Old July 22, 2001, 13:09   #224
me_irate
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean

Howevr, while I agree that it is our first war hero against another nation, remember me and DK had to work damn hard just to keep us alive early on!!

Sean.
You see, through my rewriting the history books the pitifully unintelligent austrailians didn't remember our previous battles with those barbarians.

no actually after i posted i re-read my post and i relized it didn't sound the way i intended it too. But because of lazyness i didn't fix my error.

While i believe most of us had our battles with barbarians, i particularily remember dark knights repeated nightmares.

So it should say, bob was our first war here in our campaign to take over the world or something like that.

oh by the way, is the website with our files still being updated? i havent checked for awhile and dont remember where the link was.
Old July 22, 2001, 21:17   #225
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Quote:
oh by the way, is the website with our files still being updated? i havent checked for awhile and dont remember where the link was.
I assume you mean Redstar's site where he kept records of the sucession games. I bookmarked that site, and when I try to go to it, I get the infamous "404 File Not Found" Error.
Old July 22, 2001, 21:50   #226
me_irate
Warlord

jonny did you get the file, or do i need to re-send it?
Old July 22, 2001, 23:05   #227
rooboy
Chieftain

Last edited by rooboy; July 23, 2001 at 03:17.
Old July 23, 2001, 11:26   #228
Jonny

The transcript of Jonny the Un-Conqueror.

1695- Jonny Comes to power. He has a fit because he notices that Bobs New and Improved Island Cottage is on a one tile island so barbs can't sack it. He sends the winchester army next to manchester.

1700 - Our army next to Manchester is pounded with bombardment. We retreat to Winchester. Our boats are exploring the high seas.

1705 - We discover Optics. We begin work on Chaos Theory... No, I mean Cannon Making.

1710 - A sacrifical pikeman is sent into Manchester to see the garrison. It is made up of 1 Cavalry and a bunch of Cannons, Catapults, and fire ships.

1715 - We defend Irateland from Raiding Mexicans.

1720 - The Zulu begin work on the Emancipation Act. We begin work on Civ3.

1725 - Riots in Bob's New and Improved Island Cottage. We scale back workday and increase pay.

1730 - The Greeks begin work on the Emancipation Act.

1735 - We have finished making Civ3. It entertains people by the millions.

1740 - The English complete the Emancipation Act. They also capture Winchester from us. The people no longer trust their leader. Jonny is forced to step down from leadership.
Old July 23, 2001, 18:55   #229
Chris Horscroft
Chieftain

Oh dear!

Chris
Old July 24, 2001, 13:29   #230
me_irate
Warlord

My island cottage survived!!!
Old July 24, 2001, 16:32   #231
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 06:21
Hello Everyone!!

I'm back, and well tanned from Long Beach Island, New Jersey!!

I see things have progressed rather well here.
I'd also like to welcome newcomer Chris Horscroft to the game. Thanks Me_Irate for posting the update

Welcome Back Dave Murray! How was it being :banned:?
I hope that you're enthusiasm over font sizes doesn't lead you into trouble again...

Interesting that we conquered Wincester and then lost it again. Oh well. I hope we've softened those English up a bit.

I haven't finished reading all the summaries yet.. just mostly skimmed them. I particularly liked Wombat's summary.. that was quite entertaining, and perhaps one of the longer ones.

Well, it's good to be back, and I see my turn is only about 5 people away already.
Old July 24, 2001, 23:19   #232
me_irate
Warlord

Good to have you back skeeve.
Old July 25, 2001, 03:05   #233
rooboy
Chieftain

Rooboy is elected as the umpteenth President of Australia, as Australia is a republic.

1750 AD: Disgusted by the lack of Diplomacy with other nations, Rooboy orders the first ever Australian diplomat, named Bill, to set up a foreign embassy in the Indonesian city of Sumatra. He boards a longship with his friend Ted, and they set forth on their excellent adventure.

1755 AD: Theatres are rush built in Castaway, Mt Isa (why did someone use a real name?), and Bob's Inpenetrable Fortress (or whatever it's called) to quell restleness. Once again Rooboy decides the Australians should work 14 hour days, and also reduces rations.

1760 AD: Meet some chick named Eleonore D'Aquitane. Apparently, she is the leader of the rather weak French. However, as she is a good lookin' bird, Rooboy decides to sign a peace treaty with her.

1765 AD: Being such a charasmatic diplomat, Rooboy invites the Native American leader to Bob's Island Cottage to discuss a possible peace treaty. Even though Rooboy forgets his name, a treaty is signed.

1770 AD: Some pommy named Cook lands near New South Jonnyopolis, thinking this a great site to someday build a colony.

1775 AD: Rooville is renamed Roo Town for no obvious reason.

1780 AD: A new brewery, the world's largest, is built in Snorf. Snorf Bitter becomes Australia's favourite drop, and is soon on tap in every pub throughout the empire.

1785 AD: Iratland & Apolyton build Mills to boost production.

1790 AD: A second Carrack, the HMAS "Many Trophies" is commissioned in Young.

1795 AD: Finally Bill arrives in Sumatra, setting up an embassy with bronze Kangaroo and Wombat statues at the gates.

Economic analysts now believe the strongest economy in the world belongs to Australia, Treasurer Big Kev is excited by this news. However, science and military advisors are much more pessimistic as to Australia's standing.

1800 AD: A cease-fire is signed with the Mexicans, after 2 of their cavalry are humiliated by two aussie pikemen outside of Apolyton. Oh ****e, I shouldn't have done this, but they would have taken the city if I hadn't intervened. We had ballista towers but no city walls, what's the story there?

Rooboy decides to quit politics and enter the Tour De France. He places third in the one and only stage from Toulouse to Paris.

Last edited by rooboy; July 25, 2001 at 03:40.
Old July 25, 2001, 11:21   #234
Skeeve
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Horscroft
I've been out of things for a while, but have now read the posts on this thread and am wondering whether I can join in and have a turn or two before the AIs wipe out this brave race?
I think you'll find that the AI's are in more danger of being wiped out than this "brave race" of ours...

But anyway Chris, I just wanted to remind you to install the patch for the game if you haven't already done so, otherwise when you get the file your game won't recognize it.

Good luck in your turn.

- Skeeve
Old July 25, 2001, 17:22   #235
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by rooboy
1795 AD: Finally Bill arrives in Sumatra, setting up an embassy with bronze Kangaroo and Wombat statues at the gates.
Can't figure out whether thats a statue of me, or a national symbol

That was very funny rooboy
Old July 26, 2001, 08:41   #236
Skeeve
Prince

Yeah, that was good. But where was Ted??

I thought they were having an Excellent Adventure.
Old July 26, 2001, 13:30   #237
Pilfur
Chieftain

Strike me please
Please strike me from the player list. I've passed the file on. I can't play SG3 anymore due to my computer being too slow. It used to take too long between turns, now it simply locks up.

Pilfur
Old July 26, 2001, 18:57   #238
Chris Horscroft
Chieftain

Thanks Skeeve,

Have the activision patch installed, and await the file a few turns from now.

Cheers

Chris
Old July 30, 2001, 09:02   #239
Skeeve
Prince

Update 30 July 2001:
The new list reflects Pilfur's stubborn computer and subsequent removal from our list of Rulers... (We'll miss ya Pilfur! )

1) Skeeve - Scanga@aol.com
2) Berxpert - Berxpert@yahoo.com
3) Immortal Wombat - Weaver1@tinyworld.co.uk
4) Darkknight - Gondhi_dm@hotmail.com
5) Sean - Kimpton@xtra.co.nz
6) David_Murray - david@windygates.co.uk
7) Phoenixcager - Phoenixcager@yahoo.com
8) me_irate - me_irate@hotmail.com
9) Johnny - Jonny11788@aol.com
10) rooboy - arb77@optushome.com.au
11) Vivala - jbnhl@hotmail.com
12) Gazablanca - gazbeans@blueyonder.co.uk
13) OmniGod - rsaari@alumni.uwaterloo.ca
14) Chris Horscroft-Scarlet.Biro@bigpond.com

I imagine the gamespeed will slow down considerably as we move on. However, maybe things will get faster if we conquer a few civs.

Good luck.
Old July 30, 2001, 18:57   #240
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

are we on the 72 hour rule yet? And nothign will slow me down.. new p4 1.7 with 256 RD... haven't been slowed too much by anything really... other than a few super stacked graphics games. =)