View Poll Results: Do you think special plug in eras should be allowed in Civ3?
Now here's an idea. Firaxis, now you just consider adding it. 2 16.67%
Sure, but I can live without it. 4 33.33%
Not sure, I've got to know more about it. 1 8.33%
Sound's like it won't work to me. 1 8.33%
Now you know that it's just silly to even consider this idea. 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26, 2001, 03:46   #1
Kevin Ar18
Warlord

Local Time: 10:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Plug a new era into your otherwise normal Civ III game
It would be nice (as perhaps a scenario making ability) to plug in a new era to the regular timeline of the civ 3 gameplay.
The idea is you would use the scenario/game editing abilities in Cive to make the new era, but you could then place that era into your regular game.

In Civ 2, there were four eras, such as the Industrial Era and the Modern Era.

For example, it would be interesting to create an "alien" era or "apocolypse" era or "future" era and just plop that in after the modern era.

You could then play the game with 5 eras.

Most of the scenario features for a regualar scenario would be able to be applied to these special "eras" so you can say create the unique events for an alien era or apocolypse era.

Just imagine the possibilities - lenghtening and adding to the medievel era for those who want to get more out of that era or adding in a future era for those people who want someting more to happen after modern tech.
Or even make some special end game challenge such as a hard to defeat alien era (would require the use of special scenario making abilities).
Old May 26, 2001, 15:14   #2
Kevin Ar18
Warlord

Local Time: 10:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Looking at the results of the poll, I wonder what ya'll don't like about this idea.

Why would it not be fun to plug another era into the game and play the whole game with it.

The scenarios in Civ 2 were rather limited - and you could thus only focus on certain eras instead of a broad range.
Also, you always know what the scenario would be like - it's the same every time.

Looking at the tech tree for Civ 3 it seems they may even have the game divided into eras if only somewhat.
See here:
http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp...iv3/image4.jpg

Personally, I would love to be able to drop in an alien era at the end (and add a few more years to game) so I can have a good challenge at the end fighting aliens or something.