Old July 25, 2001, 11:14   #91
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 06:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010

Heh heh... despite the lack of progress... very entertaining posting!
Old July 25, 2001, 17:17   #92
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:23
Skeeve, you should have seen the post I was going to write in place of ****ety ****-****, but there was a limit on the number of smilies, so my plan to spell out ****ety ****-**** in smilies was foiled. ****
Old July 25, 2001, 23:54   #93
rooboy
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:23
I've played until 600 AD. Now hopefully, the bloody thing works for Pilfur. Basically continued with military build-up and decided that the Cannes Film Festival would be held on Greek soil after 500 AD. The French have retreated to Rounes. Built theatres in most cities as I increased workday and lowered rations. Will need to reinforce garrison at German border as they are looking for some action. I have already sent a couple of knights but we could do with some catapults. This should block any German advance. At this stage I don't believe we are capable of fighting a war on two fronts. Cannes is connected to both our cities and French cities by road. Blitzkrieg!! Forget which techs were discovered. In a hurry, sorry guys.

Last edited by rooboy; July 26, 2001 at 01:21.
Old July 27, 2001, 00:57   #94
Pilfur
Chieftain

Local Time: 05:23
Pilfur The Conqueror!
You are travelling east from Athens to Cannes when you kneel down to tie your shoe. As you stand you feel a sharp point in your back. You turn around to see a burly mountain of a man. He holds you at spear point and speaks in a low thundering rumble.

"Not your lucky day friend. Hand over your horses and cargo at once. I shall take your women as well. You refuse me?! Nobody does so and lives! I shall tell you how I dealt with the pitiful French nation. And then I will tell you what I have in store for you. You scum."

He points towards Cannes "I seized power over the Greek people back in 600. I was the biggest. I was the strongest. Nobody stood in my way... except the french. The fool who ruled before me had taken Cannes from them and they thought they could take it back. Their insolence would be punished. I would have their blood."

He smiles grimly "I mobilized my forces and while strengthening the west against the Germans, who were also annoying me, I took my elite guard east, to Cannes. We arrived there in 660 AD. Then, it was just a matter of time"

He laughs "Strasbourg fell easily in 700, and that was the bulk of their pitiful army. They had more advanced forces but my will and the discipline of my soldiers, who knew they would not go home if defeated, brought us victory. Rennes was quick to fall as well, only a few years later. Bourdeaux quickly followed that, and then Nice. One lone soldier was all that they had left. HA! I crushed him myself and boiled his entrails on my pike's end."

He scowls "Other greek nobles were jealous of my success. Before I could finish my campaign, the buggers turned on me! They grouped together and threw me from power. Even my own elite guard heard word of this and turned on me. I have been forced to live out here in the countryside ever since. And I don't like it!"

He screams "I WILL SHOW MY ANGER WITH YOUR BLOOD!!!!!!!"

The pike comes thrusting forward and you feel weak as the dark shadow of death overtakes you.

Last edited by Pilfur; July 27, 2001 at 01:16.
Old July 27, 2001, 01:55   #95
rooboy
Chieftain

Oh, Paris!
Old July 27, 2001, 14:39   #96
Pilfur
Chieftain

Yeah. Paris!

I think we are near the point of turning the tide of the game and ensuring victory. Once France falls to us we should be the strongest empire.

Oh, and I forgot to work into my little highwayman story that we are now researching Classical Education.
Old July 28, 2001, 00:04   #97
rooboy
Chieftain

Of all the hundreds and thousands of posts I've read in this forum, Pilfur's was one of them.

Seriously, his posts are making mine look rather ****e.
Old July 29, 2001, 00:47   #98
Pilfur
Chieftain

Jonny, you get the file ok?
Old July 29, 2001, 11:16   #99
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I got the file OK. Will post transcript in several hours.

Wombat, do you want me to send the file to you, or skip you again?
Old July 29, 2001, 18:06   #100
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

You are a trader traveling from Athens to City Under the Grey Wombat Mountains when you stop at a cabin along the road to rest. This cabin is owned by the grandson of King Jonny the Conqueror, who ruled from 800 - 900. He offers you food and a bed if you listen to his story. He begins:

In 800, King Jonny came to power during the middle of a grand war with the French. His whole reign would be full of battling them, and be begins battling as soon as he starts ruling. In 820, his armies capture the city of Marseille. His empire is large, and he increases rations and wages and reduces workday to make his people happy. In 840, his armies begin bombarding Rouen, which causes the Film Festival there to be cancelled. In 860, another Greek army captures Dijon. All main armies are sent to Rouen to help. In 880, he gets news that the Forbidden city is started in Scotland. 900 comes and King Jonny's reign ends. This was a period of great technological advancement. We discovered Classical Education, Alchemy, Theology, and began work on Gunpowder.

Quick note: we've reached the max. number of cities we can have.
Old July 31, 2001, 07:59   #101
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 06:23
Quote:
Jonny - First person to name a city after himself in a CTP2 sucession game. (Hey, a person has to be known for doing something!!)
If memory serves, that city was Jonnyopolis, correct?
Old July 31, 2001, 09:35   #102
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I got the file Jonny, sorry I shoulda mentioned I would be away for a while. I should be able to play and send it on quite proptly, with no mods this time .
Old July 31, 2001, 11:43   #103
Jonny

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeeve

If memory serves, that city was Jonnyopolis, correct?
Correct. However, I think it is time for me to get a new signature. I just can't think of one, though.
Old July 31, 2001, 18:26   #104
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Post held for tomorrow when I will type summary. Now, must sleep.
Old July 31, 2001, 21:44   #105
Pilfur
Chieftain

For some reason the above post cracks me up
Old August 3, 2001, 13:32   #106
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I lost my notes for my reign. So I won't be filling it in. I remember that Rouen now has no defense, and we discovered gunpowder.
Old August 3, 2001, 22:41   #107
rooboy
Chieftain

Rouen will soon be in ruins!!!
Old August 4, 2001, 06:36   #108
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I could've taken it, but we had too many cities, and I was waiting for the Ramayana to be built.

Ah, yeah thats another thing I did. Built/Bought the Ramayana in Athens. You can probably take another one maybe two cities now.
Old August 4, 2001, 08:04   #109
Pilfur
Chieftain

Ramayana???
I think you mean some other wonder than the Ramayana. That was built a very long time ago... We even have a city, Elke named after one of the star characters.
Old August 4, 2001, 17:32   #110
Jonny

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
I could've taken it, but we had too many cities, and I was waiting for the Ramayana to be built.

Ah, yeah thats another thing I did. Built/Bought the Ramayana in Athens. You can probably take another one maybe two cities now.
Probably not Ramayana, too late for that. Perhaps it was Gutenburg's Bible or Hagia Sophia.
Old August 5, 2001, 14:17   #111
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Hagia Sofia. Sorry, my mistake

I'm going to be away for the next two weeks, so you will have to skip some of my turns.

Have fun with it, and don't lose all our cities to rebellions through unhappiness caused by empire size
Old August 10, 2001, 01:52   #112
rooboy
Chieftain

Are you gonna pass on the file, Wombat? I haven't received it yet chief.
Old August 10, 2001, 09:45   #113
Jonny

I've still got the 900 AD file. If he never sends the file, I can send this file on to you and then toss Wombat to the bottom of the ocean again.
Old August 10, 2001, 21:52   #114
rooboy
Chieftain

Yeah, good idea. I don't know how long he's gone for, but we need to get this baby moving again. We'll give Wombat 20 turns next time if he wants them.
Old August 17, 2001, 09:15   #115
rooboy
Chieftain

OK, I've had my 10 turns. Captured Rounes, Paris will fall within 1 or 2 turns. Started starving the citizens of Rennes and Bordeaux due to their promixity to other cities. Sorry it took so long. We've developed Gunpowder, Infantryman added to city queues.
Old August 18, 2001, 09:58   #116
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Oh bollocks. Am I really screwing this game up? My email is just going really annoying.

*shoots self*

*falls back into sea and sinks*

SORRY
Old August 18, 2001, 20:56   #117
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 10:23
Wombat you mean you play THIS game while you don't play ours? Oh woh! what is life coming to?
It looks good I suppose now I will just slink off back to our slow boring game.
Old August 19, 2001, 07:19   #118
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Relax DK, its your turn in SG3, and the file is winging its way to you right now...
Old August 22, 2001, 19:24   #119
Pilfur
Chieftain

Hey guys. Please send the file to the next player. I don't know who that is anymore. I'm pulling out of the game unfortunately, because I finally got bored of CTP2 and traded it with a buddy for AOE2 which I'm now spending all my game playing time on. Anywho, I'm sorry to skip out on you guys but it'll mean faster turns!

Oh, and I'll be back come Civ3 Looking forward to Civ3 succession games!

Piflur
Old August 22, 2001, 20:11   #120
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Bye Pilfur! AoK will keep you amused for a while. If you want to try a hard scenario, go to Solver's AoK site, and get Conquest, by Thresher. Its fun.

So its back to Jonny again I think.

I assume everyone is happy to continue playing. We could go up to 20 turns each to speed things up, and drop the long-winded write-ups if that would be preferable. SG3 is good enough for amusing histories, with shorter posts we can just play some civ!

Opinions?