Old July 13, 2001, 17:20   #31
SITS
King

Local Time: 10:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hi all. I'll introduce myself - I'm Foreman SITS, Foreman mark13 has decided to move on to other things and I've been fortunate enough to take his place.

Reading back through recent history I noticed a fair amount of conflict between the factions. I've made it a prioty of my new adminstration to review the current diplomatic situation to see if a new direction is called for. I invite any faction wishing to make representations to the Drones to send a diplomatic mission to ourselves to ensure that we can find the best way forward. I expect the review to be concluded fairly quickly.

Turn 2223 is attached as I don't have Hobbes email. I've requested this from Mark but if anybody wishes to send me the address then I will send the turn directly to him. Mine is tony@tlafave.demon.co.uk

The Foreman is dead. Long live the Foreman.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip axt033-hobbes-2223.zip (142.7 KB, 1 views)
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old July 13, 2001, 17:20   #32
SITS
King

Hi all. I'll introduce myself - I'm Foreman SITS, Foreman mark13 has decided to move on to other things and I've been fortunate enough to take his place.

Reading back through recent history I noticed a fair amount of conflict between the factions. I've made it a prioty of my new adminstration to review the current diplomatic situation to see if a new direction is called for. I invite any faction wishing to make representations to the Drones to send a diplomatic mission to ourselves to ensure that we can find the best way forward. I expect the review to be concluded fairly quickly.

Turn 2223 is attached as I don't have Hobbes email. I've requested this from Mark but if anybody wishes to send me the address then I will send the turn directly to him. Mine is tony@tlafave.demon.co.uk

The Foreman is dead. Long live the Foreman.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip axt033-hobbes-2223.zip (142.7 KB, 0 views)
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old July 14, 2001, 03:45   #33
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 12:27
On to Paul, with a prayer for sanity now that the bullying ego-maniac has departed us.

Hobbes.
Old July 14, 2001, 04:36   #34
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:27
2224 to Horus
Old July 14, 2001, 17:40   #35
Horus
Warlord

The CPUs of the world is grateful to the Prime function, who's ability to pinpoint potential troublemakers - and neutralize them - has yet again been fruitful.

Good luck to the new Drone Foreman SITS.

The turn is over the line.
Old July 15, 2001, 07:05   #36
SITS
King

Turn 2224 to HObbes

Thank you for the well wishes.

Old July 15, 2001, 19:07   #37
H0bbes
Emperor

On to Paul.

Hobbes.
Old July 16, 2001, 00:35   #38
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2225 to Horus
Old July 16, 2001, 08:52   #39
SITS
King

Turn 2225 to HObbes

Old July 16, 2001, 18:01   #40
H0bbes
Emperor

Onwards to Paul.

Hobbes.
Old July 17, 2001, 00:44   #41
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2226 to Horus
Old July 17, 2001, 02:47   #42
Horus
Warlord

Turn sent, with all the best wishes.
Old July 17, 2001, 04:58   #43
SITS
King

Turn 2226 to HObbes.

Sorry about the reload. It was at the beginning of the turn and I was going through the message list and I clicked on zoom to a forrest expanding and it came up with an error TERRAN.ICD etc and took me out of it. I hadn't actually moved anything but it still counted as a reload.

Old July 18, 2001, 00:18   #44
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2227 to Horus
Old July 18, 2001, 02:30   #45
Horus
Warlord

A sand dune near the dilapitaded city of Toth. The Prime Function Horus and three Secondary Functions are studying the battered city walls from a gun emplacement.

PFH: So the Demon Spoor launcher didn't continue on it's route towards Toth? That was the Fanatic's last hope, I guess he let the Launcher free as some kind of 'humanitarian' act *twisted smile*

Secondary F: 00011111100010101010010000100111110001010001011111 1100001111100

PFH: *rises his field glasses* Yes... I see him too... At the front of some mediocre religious procession with standars and stuff. *Turns to thecommander of the battery, a captain* Shoot the end of the colon up, but don't let the Cult leader be wounded. *to a SF* lock mr. Dawn up when you have finished of the rest of them. I got to contact Deidre, she will be most pleased when this defector of hers is ready to meet her again.

SF: 0001111100111111111001!!!
- SSSIIIIiiooowwww *The plasma gun battery starts to work on the procession below them*

Turn sent
Old July 18, 2001, 07:24   #46
SITS
King

Turn 2227 to HObbes

Old July 21, 2001, 03:32   #47
H0bbes
Emperor

Have resent 2227 to SITS.

Hobbes.
Old July 21, 2001, 03:59   #48
Horus
Warlord

You did resend to Paul, Hobbes - I guess?

At least, I did send to SITS and he posted that he had sent it on to you.

Btw anyone who is keen on Cult souvenirs, I got heaps of them.
Old July 21, 2001, 04:03   #49
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

He sent it to me, but that was 2227 which I had already played and sent and posted. I guess Hobbes never received 2227 from SITS. At least, he never sent 2228 to me.
Old July 21, 2001, 04:43   #50
SITS
King

Have received a request from HObbes asking for turn 2228. The last turn I played was 2227 which I've sent again to HObbes. Not sure what is happening. Has HObbes sent an old turn to Paul by mistake?

Old July 21, 2001, 05:09   #51
H0bbes
Emperor

Yeah, well i'm confused too. anyway, 2228 is on its way to Paul.

Hobbes.
Old July 21, 2001, 05:09   #52
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

You should resend 2227 to Hobbes. He is the last player in the turn order, so when he has finished his turn it will be 2228. This can sometimes be a bit confusing and I gues this is one of those cases.
Old July 21, 2001, 05:43   #53
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2228 to Horus
Old July 21, 2001, 19:07   #54
Horus
Warlord

What is happening, really!!!

Some Warmongers of rank must have infiltrated the Drone Command Center. The University, Morgans and Cyborgs are baffled by the declaration of war, made by the Drones.

We do demand that all relations must - by all means - be turned back to at least truce - regarding all factions mentioned above.

I really can't see any decent explanation for this behaviour by our govenour [sic]. Let peace rule.

Si Vic Pacem Para Bellum

And after all is said and done, I do encourage more peaceful means of competition. The Planet has already told me that the humans who can communicate best with Planet - in some way - will be the rulers of the same. Let this be our means of competition instead.

Last edited by Horus; July 21, 2001 at 19:16.
Old July 22, 2001, 04:28   #55
SITS
King

Turn 2228 to HObbes

Sorry again about the reload. Same fault as before but I clicked on the message of CEO Paul had launched a surprise attack. Is this a normal fault (I don't mean Paul breaking pacts!) or just specfic to my machine? I will avoid clicking on those types of messages in the future.

I find it hard to understand Prime Function Horus's objection. In one year he shoots up the 'colon' of a faction (ouch! or should it be column?) captures their leader and tortures them. I'm not aware of any peaceful moves made by PF Horus to ensure planets peace. Of course you can prepare for war but what about preparing for peace?

Yet I of the Drones offered peace and security to HObbes and his faction yet it was rejected - which I made clear he every right to do so. It is my sorrow that the Hobbits have a leader that is more concerned with his own ego than the safety and welfare of his people. So be it.

The Drones have no wish for war and have made offers of peace to CEO Paul and PF Horus which we hope will signal our peaceful intent. The wealth of the planet is more than enough for one faction and I hope to forge a close partnership with at least a large, peaceful and wise faction to ensure mutual security. Whom that might be depends on the wisdom of the leadship.

But I will say this - the Drones have always been trustworthy - they signal their intent and give opportunities for others to respond. If others do not wish for sensible peace then their wish must be an insane war. We the Drones will not shy away from it nor strive for it but we will meet it with the courage that all wars demand.

This is a crucial moment for Planet. A moment when the future will be written and I offer a partnership for us to write it together.

So, who will pick up the pen and who the sword?

Foreman SITS

Last edited by SITS; July 22, 2001 at 05:14.
Old July 22, 2001, 18:52   #56
H0bbes
Emperor

Trustworthy? Get real, no-one on the entire planet believes that. You have made threats & then without cause or warning attacked an innocent and weaker faction. We were never a threat to you, simply wanting to continue our research and reserving the right to choose friendships with whomever we wished. You may conquor planet through violence and treachery (and I use "may" because the game- even without my participation, is far from over), but your infamy will be written in the blood of the innocents you have slaughtered, on the pages of history.

We will never choose slavery. GIVE US LIBERTY OR GIVE US DEATH The universe is watching and will not forget.

Hobbes- the righteous.

Turned to Paul.
Old July 23, 2001, 01:30   #57
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2229 to Horus.
Old July 23, 2001, 02:20   #58
SITS
King

Hobbes,

I can understand you are mad at me but I won't accept you telling lies about me. I gave you a clear warning of my intent. I said I wanted you to submit to me but I made it clear it wasn't a demand and that you had a free choice in the matter - ie I wouldn't attack you if chose not to. In that offer I gave assurance for your own security and I also pledged that I wouldn't use your bases for any action against any other faction.

What I did demand is the removal of all of CEO Paul's forces from your cities as I found that a direct threat to my security. I also explained that I was stopping short of demanding that you reduce your diplomatic status with him to a truce as that would affect your faction with trade and I made it clear I wasn't trying to do that.

Your reponse after having a discussion about the relative strengths of our factions was 'Remove your forces from my terriorty.'

I feel with this you made a clear choice for your faction. I chose one for mine.

FYI I have absolutely no illusions about conquering the Planet. Please see my last post in regard to that.

I lead my faction with honour and I fully standby my statement of being trustworthy.

Foreman SITS

Old July 23, 2001, 04:15   #59
Horus
Warlord

Yes indeed Foreman, Cha Dawn is getting his shoots in many places as we communicate, you can visit him and see for yourself at our Punishment Sphere if you like.

He was the one who declared Vendetta, and all faction leaders who wants to hurt us, the Cybernetics, will eventually end up being neighbour with the Cult leader and his priests.

But the Foreman seems to be a bit less hostile than his Vendetta first promised, so I have given him a peace Treaty which we can sign. Lets see if there is any truth in the Droning sound of peace, if so we would be glad to have a new Treaty with the Drones.

And needless to say, any aggression against the most peaceful Universty is totally unacceptable. What harm can they project on the towering Drone Empire?

Who else will the Drones 'ask' to submit?! The Drones asks a fellow faction to Submit or Die, we the Prime Function are worried about this hostile diplomatic environment.
If the last latin quote wasn't to the Foreman's liking, then what about 'Divide et Imperia', how should one otherwise interpret the Drone request for a pact with 'one strong faction'?

But to be clear about the Cyborg view:
Let us all prosper in peace, we wish no one any harm.

From the Science Front: The fantastic Cloning Vats are producing the most beatiful CPUs for new Cyborgs at a good pace - we are very pleased. I heard that some other faction was up for this project too, but don't worry - we will use it more effectivly than any other could

________
And of course the turn is sent.

Last edited by Horus; July 23, 2001 at 06:14.
Old July 23, 2001, 05:16   #60
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

The Morganite faction has declined an offer from the Drones for a pact. We will remain at vendetta until the Drones' aggression against our University pact-brothers ends.

My troops were in University bases because of earlier Drone aggression against the University and we were hoping that the new Drone leadership would refrain from aggression against our pact-brothers.

At this moment there are none of my troops in University bases, so there is no reason for further Drone action against the University. If the Drones feel threatened by our presence we will keep our troops out of University bases if that is necessary to keep the peace.