Old July 23, 2001, 06:26   #61
SITS
King

Local Time: 10:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thank you for PF Horus and CEO Paul's responses.

PF Horus I just want to make it clear that I have never declared a vendetta against you. Your faction (automatically) declared against me whilst I was engaged with 'Police' action on my borders. I sent diplomats to you (I didn't know about having to offer somethng for the screen to pop-up) to say that and offering peace which from your post I see that you've accepted. You will soon see that the Drones are truthful and transparent in their intent and purpose.

You use quotes when you say I asked a faction to submit. These are unneccessary as it was a true request and I said I wouldn't hold it againt HObbes if he didn't accept. What I didn't ask for but demanded was the removal of another factions powerful forces close to my border. That reasonable demand was rejected and the consequences and the following 'police' action are clear for all to see.

Your choice of Divide and rule as a quote is an interesting one. The biggest threat to the Drones security is 'people of other lands' deciding to collude together to bring the most powerful faction down. This of course is a perfectly understandable reaction. But I wonder how much it has thought through? As PF Horus rightly boasts the Cloning Vats will allow his faction to expand at an amazing rate - much more so than the Drones and Paulites together. This changes the balance of power considerably. How will the Paulites respond to this to ensure their own security? My understanding of two even strength factions that try and work together against a common foe is that there can often be 'difficulties' in combining forces - because there is always 'afterwards'.

At the moment there is no other faction equal to the Drones. If they were to join up with another faction then a co-operative victory can both be shared and guarenteed. The rest is much more uncertain.

CEO Paul - I accept that you have declined my offer of a pact and I understand your demands. Thank you for the withdrawal of your forces from the Universities cities and I hope in future you will accept compensation for any casualites that your forces have suffered.

As to the ending of the Drones 'Police' action I am unable to comply with that at the moment until I get a full and detailed response from the Hobbits. Sadly I am not expecting such a response and in fact it might be too late for all forces to be withdrawn.

Foreman SITS

ps - I'm away for a day or so, so I won't be able to respond as quickly as the situation might demand.
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old July 25, 2001, 07:23   #62
SITS
King

Horus - Can you resend me turn 2229 as I never recieved it. I've emailed you but I'm having problems sending email but recieving it is fine. Cheers.
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old July 25, 2001, 11:15   #63
Horus
Warlord

Ok, I have to go home and fetch it first.

Another thing, I will leave tomorrow for a 1 1/2 week vacation. If this seems as a long time to wait, then Tau Ceti can try to find a replacement - if he don't wants to play the wonderful Cyborgs himself for some turns.

Anyway, I hope that I will manage to do another turn before I leave.
Old July 25, 2001, 13:53   #64
SITS
King

Turn 2229 to HObbes

Old July 26, 2001, 19:02   #65
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 12:27
OK, well that's it for me. It's been fun. Good luck.

DOWN WITH THE DRONES

Hobbes :banned:
Old July 27, 2001, 00:55   #66
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:27
2230 to Horus
Old July 30, 2001, 03:05   #67
SITS
King

Just to say I haven't received a turn in case anybody thinks they've sent me one!

Old July 30, 2001, 03:22   #68
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

As Horus said in his last post, he is away.
Old July 30, 2001, 03:34   #69
SITS
King

Oops! Forgot. Cheers.

Old August 6, 2001, 02:01   #70
Horus
Warlord

And now he's back. Turn sent 10 hours ago.
Old August 6, 2001, 07:05   #71
SITS
King

Turn 2131 to Paul

Old August 6, 2001, 07:46   #72
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2231 to Horus
Old August 6, 2001, 07:57   #73
SITS
King

I forgot to say I'm away until tomorrow evening. Sorry.

Old August 7, 2001, 02:16   #74
Horus
Warlord

Turn sent.

The Genocide on the University faction will always be known as the sign of blatant and unhampered evil. A most peaceful people it was.

On the other hand: I am not suprised by the attacks against the Hive, but I do wonder why they were commenced without proper declarations of war. The Cyborgs have only held a fragile truce with him, most often not, and now the Chairman rejected it.
Old August 7, 2001, 10:16   #75
SITS
King

Turn 2232 sent to CEO Paul

PF Horus I take note of your words and your crocodile tears in regard to the University.

I also take note of the close co-operation between yourself and CEO Paul which, I assure you, I have no intention of shedding any tears over in the future.

Foreman SITS - The Just

Old August 7, 2001, 10:58   #76
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2232 to Horus
Old August 8, 2001, 13:37   #77
Horus
Warlord

Turn sent.

And as a comment to the one who is JUST (a) Foreman

Our faction is going well, but not as well as your faction Foreman. Would you like the gap a bit wider between your strong faction and my weak one?
Old August 8, 2001, 17:19   #78
SITS
King

Turn 2233 to Paul

I personally don't wish for the gap to get any wider - certainly not as wide as the gap between yourself and CEO Paul in about 10 years times....

Foreman SITS - "I'm a man not a number"

Old August 8, 2001, 18:02   #79
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Turn not received. Please send again.
Old August 8, 2001, 20:41   #80
SITS
King

Turn re-sent

Old August 9, 2001, 03:24   #81
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2233 to Horus
Old August 9, 2001, 17:28   #82
Horus
Warlord

Turn sent to number 181761630

Old August 9, 2001, 22:09   #83
SITS
King

Turn 2234 to CEO Paul

The Hive have entered into an agreement to become a nation within my nation. With his promise of devotion I offer him security with a formal pact which I pledge to defend him via my mighty forces.

I forsee an even greater break through in Technology with two tech's discovered in the last year and three more projected for the next.

Old August 10, 2001, 03:03   #84
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2234 to Horus.

Now that the Hive has gained the protection of the Drones, we attempted to end our vendetta with them. Unfortunately the Chairman was not very cooperative and demanded that we end our pact with the Consciousness. This was of course unacceptable, so we were unable to end our vendetta.

We hope that Foreman SITS can persuade the Chairman to end his vendetta against the Morganite faction and our Cyborg allies. We wouldn't want to have to completely eradicate the Hive in order to end this vendetta.
Old August 10, 2001, 08:49   #85
Horus
Warlord

Double post
Old August 10, 2001, 08:49   #86
Horus
Warlord

Turn sent.

Well the man on the chair, mr Yang, don't want to talk to me. Well if the representant of the worker Union, Foreman SITS, could talk to the management and arrange some treaty then everything is alrigth. Otherwise We Cyborgs and the Hive will be at vendetta still.

Btw, I'll be away this weekend.
Old August 10, 2001, 12:20   #87
SITS
King

Turn 2235 to CEO Paul

I have requested Mr. Hive to cease his vendetta's against the both of you but unfortunately he does't seem to understand the nature of his factions relationship with me. So in the meanwhile as I try to educate him I am willing to accept actions in self-defence, but I cannot accept any action against his bases or against non-combat units. I hope this will be considered a fair and JUST compromise. Although if I was in CEO Paul's shoes I'm not sure I would so hasty as to turn down his wise request.

Oh, you can also gaze in wonder at The Universal Translator. No Scribes allowed.

Old August 10, 2001, 14:10   #88
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

2235 to Horus.

One Hive combat unit was destroyed near a Morganite base. We also had to destroy a Hive former that was parked on a monolith inside a Morganite base radius, preventing Morganite workers from working on that monolith.
Old August 11, 2001, 17:33   #89
Horus
Warlord

Turn sent.
Old August 12, 2001, 07:07   #90
SITS
King

Turn 2236 to Paul