Old May 29, 2001, 14:11   #1
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 06:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Release date in October?
I just saw a projected release date as being set for sometime in Oct. Is Civ III coming that soon?
Old May 29, 2001, 14:57   #2
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 05:27
Does anyone remember the disaster with Call to Power II??

Does anyone remember how customers were raving for it months before it came out?

Does anyone remember how customers forgot that they were part of the reason for the release of a crappy game?

Does anyone ever learn from past mistakes?
Old May 29, 2001, 15:19   #3
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 12:27
I say Firaxis take your time. I don't wanna have to download 15 MB of patches for all eternity. And if it has a lot of bugs I'll be one of the unfortunate that will buy the first release because I can't help myself.

So Firaxis take your time, playtest the whole thing for as much as you have courage and then playtest some more. And before you're done playtest again.

Civ 2 is still holding up So make sure you give us what we expect.
Old May 29, 2001, 15:26   #4
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 12:27
Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun
Does anyone remember the disaster with Call to Power II??

Does anyone remember how customers were raving for it months before it came out?

Does anyone remember how customers forgot that they were part of the reason for the release of a crappy game?

Does anyone ever learn from past mistakes?
Well spoken, MrFun!! Myself I would like to have the game in front of me now(who wouldn't ), but as I then would have a prototype...well, let's say I want to wait...
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old May 29, 2001, 23:09   #5
joseph1944

Wait a min., wait a min., Civ 2 had two patches and then MPG had a patch. MPG was release one or two year after Civ 2? Patches are just part of the game these days. Tropico has release two patches already, and the game came out four weeks ago. There are just to many Computer out there and two many DOS's out there. Just look at Windows. There is wins 95, 98, ME, and 2000. I will not even try to list Video and Sound cards.