deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by drake
RIP
Well, Keti may rest in peace but I for one am prepared to play on.

Drake, would you drop out like this 10 turns before your victory? Regardless of connection problems etc.

I think not.

Dropping out on the basis that it's all too tedious and difficult is tenuous.

There has to be more to this than a few reliability problems and connection problems.
Is it because you think the Pacific Pact is way in front?
Is it because your Government just collapsed again through mis-management? LOL

And Capo, you are definitely giving out vibes to drop out too based on tenuous reasoning. You are supposaed to be organising this game!

It all sounds like excuses to me, sorry, but I'm being honest here.

Incredulous.

I will play on.

I'm sure EASTHAVEN, Prom and Raz will; and Chris said he's keen to play on too.

I can't help feeling that things are not as they seem.

Do some of you think you are looking down the barrel of defeat?

Are you wondering how the Pacific Pact are rocketing along?

If I saw another civ belting ahead like my Aussies I'd certainly be scheming and making plans to bring them down!

Anyway, I know you might say it's just the connection stuff but I know you'd put up with that in your win in the Monday night diplo game against suas and Epik.

I'm really upset about all this and after Elendil quit the Millenium Diplo game I just gotta say something!

I'm in a winning position in both these top diplo games with top players and I'm deprived of my 'chance' to get that buzz Drake got when he won the Mon Night diplo.... God Damnit!

The whole world basically sucks - particularly Africa and Europe....
Old June 29, 2001, 10:50   #93
drake
King

Local Time: 06:29
This game is far from completion. With 7 people taking as long as we do, we're looking at another 6-8 months easy. Playing 5 turns (in what?) 3 weeks, is not going to get a game finished. This team has proved time and time again that we don't have what it takes. Why do you think things will change deity?

I really resent you criticizing me, for my commitment to this game has been 100%. My commitment to the games I play really can't be rivaled by any but a few people that I know. I am a very loyal person, and a person who keeps their word. When I say I'll be there I'll be there. I don't make excuses. I made a post every week. I spent probably 50 hours or more working on that now dormant web site, of which no one but capo really contributed. I did as much (probably more) for this game as anyone. You act as though I wanted out of it. I didn't. I was forced out by civ depression (whatever that is ) and frustration. It is truly un-healthy for me to subject myself to such discouragement every week. It has taken it's toll on me, and I'm getting out while I still have a small desire to play civ.

Believe me, in game politics have nothing to do with this decision. Winning isn't a huge priority for me believe me. I enjoy the game, plain and simple. How it turns out is how it turns out. Sure everyone wants to win, but it's not a big deal to me.

Attempting to guilt me back into playing won't work, I'm sorry. I'm putting my foot down this time. I really hope you can continue with this game everyone, I wish you all the best of luck and hope you can find a suitable zulu replacement if you do go on.

Say what you will, but this hurts me more than it hurts you
Old June 29, 2001, 20:20   #94
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 10:29
NO NO NO!

This game will not end, I'm sorry but I can't let this end.

C'mon, we've put too much f*cking effort in this game to let it end over this.

I am going to apologize to everyone here right now, what happened to me could not be helped. Its my fault, this time its totally my fault, 100% my fault.

So with that said, Chris you can leave, Deity you can leave, Drake you can leave, Prometheus you can leave, Rasputin you can leave, Easthaven you can leave, anyone I've forgotten can hit the bricks. That's your decision. But I for one will not let this motherf*cking game end.

This is the greatest game ever played, this is the greatest story ever told, by the best group of guys Civ has to offer. If we are going to stop playing a game I know we all love just because we ran into a month-long snag then I don't need your help to finish this.

Do you realize what this game did? I know its just a stupid game, its just a pointless game, and maybe nobody else has noticed. Maybe "Nappy" and "Eyes" and that moron Ming and that Greek bastard Mark G have never realized what we've accomplished, but f*ck them. F*ck Sid Meier, we took his game, we took OUR game and turned it into a work of f*cking art.

We poured hours discussing plots, discussing strategy, discussing history and personalities. Secret treaties, last minute deals, trades, technologies, pacts, alliances, wars, money, territory, exploration...

And now because we've had a few weeks of bullsh*t we are just going to hang up the gloves?

I thought the Zulus were made of sterner stuff, I thought the Chinese and Mongols had amazing mettle, I thought the Mali and Israel were bad-ass?

Deity, I must commend you, you magnificent Aussie bastard. You are the kind of player HOTW needs, you are the epitome of the HOTW player. I am sorry that I don't have ICQ here or the necessary files to play Civ MP, or else I'd be with you 100%... but I can only be with you like 85%, but hey that's a good percent.

The point I'm trying to make is this; nobody is going to hate you or use their Voodoo powers or eat your young, or whatever the hell angered people do to those who anger them. If you don't have the heart and desire to see this game come to completion, and have fun doing it, regardless of how much Deity and his little crew of Pacific type individuals are ramming your ass (or in my case how much they rammed me in the ass), then this game is not for you, and I won't despise you at all for admitting it and leaving.

We signed on for the long haul, we made HOTW what it was. The modpack can't do anything, the map, the flags, the nations, the technologies, the edited Fundamentalism, the Longship, whatever they didn't make this game. Drake made this game, Chris made this game, Deity made this game, Dimbleby made this game, Easthaven made this game, Sun-for the love of god-Tzu made this game, and at the risk of writing an entire chapter of those who made this game I will stop. We put the effort into this game and now when its bleak, when we have to find out who REALLY wants to finish this game and be proud of just PLAYING it, not even winning, just simply PLAYING, some of us want it to end.

No, there is no RIP on HOTW. This game is going to complete itself, I'm in. I know Deity is in, and I'd like anyone else that wants the same for HOTW to respond as soon as is humanly possible.

Long live the greatest story ever told...

Long live the History of the World...

Peace.

Old June 30, 2001, 00:09   #95
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 20:29
Count me in ..!!! I have had too much fun (even with the pathetic nation you let me have) I have forged through and persisited, i have stayed up for 10 hours after completing a 12 hr night shift just to paly, i hav ehad my wife scream at me to stop and go to bed , and yet i palyed on... I have invested too much personla life into this not to finish it.. I have great plans for my lovley Jews . We have massive trade going round the world, we have built up defences to keep out the Fascist Adriatic league and the Israeli army are just about to invade Africa and do ...... OOOPS shouldnt have mentioned that last bit.
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old June 30, 2001, 01:36   #96
easthaven

hmmmmm...................
uhh guys.........HELL YES i wanna play this game to the end! I know i've been a screw up this month of June but I've been really busy man!.....well anyways nuff excuses, you guys need a Mongolian leader I'm right here to the end no matter how f*cked up it gets. Every Thursday i'm here about 2 or 3 hours early (besides those 2 i screwed up mind you) ask diety.....anyways i'm here if you need me. (besides, capo's speech really touched me man , it got me all pumped up and all) LOL

Old June 30, 2001, 01:40   #97
SunTzu
Prince

I hope HOTW doesn't die, because it is by far the best and most interesting diplo game ever.
Good Luck in it!
Old July 1, 2001, 00:16   #98
deity
Emperor

Capo for President!
Long live the Capo!!

Capo the Great!

Capo for Aussie Prime Minister...

errr, well, not quite...

Pacific Pact eyes AL favourably
Old July 1, 2001, 12:18   #99
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright we've got work to do...

Before I continue; Deity and Co. do not hold the AL in any different light just because of what I've said. They are still the same idiots... just wish you'd give the AL citizens some reason to support the Democrats over the facists, too bad you guys always punk out the Democrats... how do you think the people see this? Benso Cavour tries to repair relationships, Israel demands a tech trade "or else", he has no choice but to deny it, if he agrees he just got on his knees for Israel, the people will hate him he will not be elected, he tries to repair relations, Israel demands Mussolini is brought to prison, he actually comitted no crime other than speeches which is his civil right, Cavour arrests Mussolini, Mussolini releases Israeli letter showing that Israel wanted him arrested, people hate Israel, and hate the President for following ANOTHER NATION'S requests... I'm sorry to say this Israel but your hatred for the fascists will bring them about...

But anyway, we'll develop that story later. The point is we have the people we need for this game to continue, Prometheus doesn't seem to check the forums so I'll talk to him when I get back home to my beloved ICQ. I am pretty sure Prom will stick with us, so with that said we have...

Capo - Adriatic League
Deity - Australia
Rasputin - Israel
Easthaven - Mongolia

Which means only the Pacific Pact and their natural arch-nemesis the good ol' AL are sticking around... come on Axis!!!! SOMEONES GOTTA SAVE MY ARSE!

But with that said Drake doesn't use the computer over the weekend, and I'm sure Prometheus will stick around, so I think we've got six out of seven....

Chris however, I've spoken with Chris, and without creating a spectacle I am going to hereby announce his retirement from leadership of the Mali. Under Chris the Mali rose from a minor desert state to quite possibly the most politically active/effective nation in the entire game. The Mali literally wrote international policy from the outset of the Great War to the present day, the contributions of this nation and its leader Chris will never be forgotten and will surely be a major factor in all future dealings and events in HOTW. I believe I speak for the entire group when I thank Chris for his participation and when I extend the belief that we may never see a leader as bright and cunning as he who once ruled the Mali... and no I do not speak of Sekong.

With that said, we need a new leader for the Mali. We need someone that is capable of diplomacy, trade, military excursions and all over facets of this game. If you think you fit the bill, or your name isn't SunTzu (just kidding), please contact anyone involved in the game or post on this thread as soon as is humanly possible.

Thank you, and long live the greatest story ever told.

Old July 2, 2001, 03:34   #100
SunTzu
Prince

Your not funny Capo
Old July 2, 2001, 07:56   #101
drake
King

christ :\
God ****ing dammit, I'm a ****ing pansy ass pushover. ****ing christ, put me back on the ****ing goddam roster........

My threats aren't worth two ****s. Hell they aint even worth one.

No ****ing way is some ****head is going to take over the best ****ing country in the world.

I never can stay mad!

Ok enough bs.

Capo, stop talking and ****ing show some real commitment. Going home without your civ cd? Thats like going to a hockey game without ****ing skates! We're all sick of excuses, particularly yours. Since you started this game, you understand you must be held to a higher standard.

East, not showing up without prior notice is a real kick in the balls, and you've done it to us not once, but twice. You singlehandedly ruined both of those weeks. Not because you couldn't show, but because you were too goddam lazy to get online for 2 seconds and let someone know. We can't have any more of this ****. It's un-acceptable.

Sun, if you do rejoin the game in some fashion, you've gotta get your **** together man. As you know you're very inconsistent and have failed to show up on numerous occasions even though you had expressed that you would.

Lastly, I need to stop being such a goddam pusssy. I do love this game and if I want to finish it, I've gotta stop acting like a goddam kid who didn't get picked for the team and takes his ball home so no one else can play. I guess I just get more discouraged than anyone when things don't work out. I've got to learn to control this.

Bottom line is this. We all need to raise our standards. If we are all truly committed, this shouldn't be an issue. Enough with the goddam excuses. If you don't have a good excuse to miss a week and do, then you shouldn't be in this game. If we're going to hail this game as one of the best ever played, then for ****s sake, it's about time all the players act like it. Because this has been one disaster after another.

fuk me
Old July 2, 2001, 11:53   #102
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Drake, shut the hell up... :)

Alright, I'll be home later today.

Drake to clarify what had occured; I was going to visit my grandparents in "F-rednecks-burg" (aka Fredericksburg) which is in the lovely state of Virginia.

Basically there is nothing around, and it sucks. I brought all of my Civ CDs for a few reaons. A) To play HOTW, B) To play in the new European Diplogame, C) To work on the European Diplogame's modfile, D) To work on my Italian Unification scenario.

Unfortunantly, I made the mistake of not bringing my MGE Gold CD, here I do have the original Civ2. Alright, there's a file to make it MP isn't there? Yeah there is. Problem; we play on a gigamap. The original can't read gigamaps, therefore I could not have played. That is what happened.

The difference between your ice hockey scenario and this one is simple; I didn't come to play Civ, an ice hockey player goes to play ice hockey.

It doesn't matter though, my point is whining is not going to make anything better. Its just going to make it worse, I am seriously sick and tired of your b*tching each week, its not cute and it doesn't help.

So yeah, I did start this game and I'm going to act like it...

Sir Francis Drake, shut the hell up.

With that said, and Drake I meant no disrespect , we have to establish our roster. I assume with Drake's realization that he is in fact a p*ssy, I am going to add him to the official roster, which means only China and Mali remain questionable.

So that's that, peace.

Old July 2, 2001, 12:15   #103
drake
King

yeah guys, I'm done being a pusssy. If shhit doesnt go well from now on, I'm just going to bail and not worry about it. I am sorry that I take my commitment too seriously some times and that I get discouraged when other people fuk up. I can be an impatient bittch. But I'm going to try to work on that shhit.

Besides, eventually someone's going to need to put that big mouth aussie in his place
Old July 2, 2001, 17:59   #104
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC..

Wondering if Capo realsies there is some plan behind all of Israels scheming... but more of that later ....
Old July 4, 2001, 10:44   #105
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

have we got 7 players for this weeks session >>> i hope so and what about an early start guys, rush home fro mwork all of you yanks and log straight in
Old July 5, 2001, 06:33   #106
deity
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by drake
yeah guys, I'm done being a pusssy. If shhit doesnt go well from now on, I'm just going to bail and not worry about it. I am sorry that I take my commitment too seriously some times and that I get discouraged when other people fuk up. I can be an impatient bittch. But I'm going to try to work on that shhit.

Besides, eventually someone's going to need to put that big mouth aussie in his place
Raz's mouth not too big

Good on yer Sir Francis Drake!

I dub thee Sir Francis.....

So, what ya going to do with another collapsed Government and falling behind in techs, eh? LOL
Old July 5, 2001, 06:45   #107
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

can we please please start early tomorrow !!!!!

and my mouth is riight size for nibbling on Rusisna Queens Nipples !!!!
Old July 5, 2001, 08:30   #108
drake
King

Raz, is that you in that picture

I'll be online at 7pm est tonight. Can't speak for anyone else.

Please gang, don't subject me to another week of shattered expectations!

Deity, you think I'm worried about a little collapsing of a government? And the tech? Sheesh, the Axis is doing just fine

I confess, my lack of experience using democracy shows through. Never really used it before this game. If my science in democracy wasn't so damn stellar (3 turns), I would be red in a second. We'll see what happens.......

So is chris out for sure, and if so, who's going to be my new ally?
Old July 5, 2001, 09:39   #109
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

its me
yes my Avatar is me !!!
Old July 5, 2001, 10:49   #110
drake
King

Ladies love raz
Bet you have to fight em' off with sticks don't ya?

Funny, people never look like I think they would.

For example, I never thought Deity would look like Kurt Russell on crack
Old July 5, 2001, 10:53   #111
markusf
King

Quote:
Originally posted by deity

I'm in a winning position in both these top diplo games with top players and I'm deprived of my 'chance' to get that buzz Drake got when he won the Mon Night diplo.... God Damnit!
LOL the game was over for you the instant me and bezerker traded cities. +38 trade routes in all his cities + SSC you didn't stand a chance.
Old July 5, 2001, 11:14   #112
drake
King

Speaking of avatars, yours is very offensive markus. I'm going to protest it.....

riiiiiiiiiight
Old July 5, 2001, 14:17   #113
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Hey what's up...
Happy Independance Day everyone! (USA USA USA USA!!!)

I know I'm a day late, but I was out all day on the Mall taking part in the festivities, I was a staffer at the "Smoke-In 2001" (A sit-in for smoking weed) and really didn't have to do anything just camp out on the stage the night before right...

So anyway it starts raining and all these chicks are trying to get on stage, cuz it was under a tarp and ****, so me and Dax are like, you show us your boobs you get on stage right so there were these two totally hot lookin "flower girls" and they're like can we get on stage, and then-

Alright, sorry. Unless any of you middle-aged Aussies would like to live vicariously through the life of a U of MD freshman...?

Kent contacted me, my ICQ is weird but I got his contact and we are gonna try and play tonight AN HOUR EARLIER, if nobody shows up and sh*t I'll be pretty pissed off. So whatever we should have a good session, and with the dismissal (yeah he's out) of Chris the Adriatic League is going to have to re-establish our foreign policy... methinks.

The best suggestion I can give, until the weed wears off at least, is not to worry to much if bad sh*t happens. Just say "whatever man" and shrug it off, we'll be alright.

And one last time; HAPPY 4TH OF JULY, the birthdate of the greatest country the world has ever seen!
Old July 5, 2001, 14:34   #114
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Less weed more game .....

And so did they show those pert ones or not ?????

and yes i am one of those damn middle aged Aussies (well almost, what is mid life nowadays, average life expectancy now is about 78 i hear, but i am told my generation will live to about 90 qaverage, and the teens today will live to about 100.. i am also reliably informed my kids will live on average to about 120 years.. hmmm too many damn statisitics)

I will be online at 8am Aus Eaast time ... straight after 12 hours of night shift , so the sooner i see people the more liley i will be awake, no people, no game means i sleep ......
Old July 5, 2001, 14:50   #115
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Hey now!
They did a little more than show them pert ones, lemme tell ya that much!

And oh yeah, we burned a Union Jack (aka "British Flag" for those of us who are SunTzu-esque) too, that was fun. There were a few British people in attendance that mildly b*tched about it, but hey, you gotta break a few eggs when making omelets.

Alright, the roster I belive goes like this for tonight/this morning...

Capo - AL
Drake - Zulu
Rasputin - Israel
Kent - Mali
Prometheus - China
Deity - Australia
Easthaven - Mongolia

Which is actually a pretty damn good roster for a game that is considered by most to be on its last leg.

The ONLY thing I can think of that could ruin this game is the huge ass monsoon that just hit us here in the Balitmore-Washington Metropolitan Area. But other than that I'll be around like six, super f*ckin early, just to make sure all of our ducks are in a row.
Old July 5, 2001, 15:17   #116
The Capo
DiploGames
King

In the basement of a small bar in Venice...
"Lock the door! Jesus Christ! We can't afford to be careless..."

"Look at this, now this is what I call an arsenal...."

"How many are we talking?"

"Guns, or people?"

"Well both actually, but people."

"Around five hundered."

"Wow really?"

"Yes, the Mali Communist Party sent some volunteers."

"How many Adriatics?"

"Oh most, around four hundered fifty, a lot. This is definitely an Adriatic movement."

"Perfect."

"I have to meet il Duce in around two hours, for dinner. Enjoy the fine drinks and ladies, its all on me."

"Thank you."

"It will be perfect yes, yes it will be..."
Old July 5, 2001, 15:25   #117
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

somewhere in cyber space
two figures approach each other through the mist in hte forrest. One figure is dressed all in black , the other is dressed in some sort of relgious garments...

"Ahh Rasputin my friend , how are you?"

"Dont cal me you friend, we have never been like that, not ever!"

"Ok Raz, you are right, but it is time for us to put the past behind us, much strange things have been occuring."

"Yes I know"said Raz. " I cant seem to recall anything that happened yesterday."

"Yes, you wont , it is hard to explain"

"Well explain you must , you have been trying to destroy Israel for centuries and now we meet out here. Miles from anywhere."

"we are in the midst of a Cyber region"

"What on earth ar eyou on about old man?"

"Its a space that isnt realay a space, a bit like cyber sex, its sex when you not having sex"

"Huh!"

"Oh forget that last comment!"

"I already have"

"You will not beleive this Raz, but a Wormhole has opened up in the Time/Space Continuum ..."

"A worm what in the Space what ?"

"A worm hole in the Time/Space Continuum. Many of the memories you have , have never occured. There was no great uprising of the religous order, you did not become a Rabbi. You fell into this wormhole and have bene wondering around here for 3 weeks in your time, but decades in real time"

"I dont beleive you, this is all more of your lies "

" No it is all true Raz. I am actually your Guardian sent from the planet Canada, The great Empress Lori is deeply in love with you and is very concerned with your well being I was sent to prevent just this occurance happeneing. But obviously I almost stuffed up. You have been wandering through these cyber-woods for the past decades whilts an imposter rules in Israel. "

"I dont beleive you"

"Okm your right, their is no such palce as Canada and The Empress doesnt reaaly love you. But the Wormhole is true!! I am now going to take you back through the wormhole to Israel... You must resume control and I can go back to hating you and trying to have you overthrown."

"But why? Why dont you jsut leave me here, and you can take over"

"Well Raz its because we are reaaly one, I am where you are! i need you"

"This is all nonsense!!!:"

"Quite right Raz, but it does lead to the fact that many things were said or claimed to have happeend , but when you get back to leading Israel, it may not be the same... "

"This is reaaly weird, I think that weed I toked on last night has gone to my head"

"Well it is time to depart Raz , lets go" and with that the two figures merged into one and in a bright flash suddenyl they were gone................................
Old July 5, 2001, 15:38   #118
drake
King

Um......ok
Old July 5, 2001, 16:15   #119
SunTzu
Prince

SunTzu-esque?
Old July 5, 2001, 16:43   #120
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Either I smoked entirely too much weed that night, or Raz is a bigger fiend than myself...