Old June 13, 2001, 16:29   #31
Ghost:Rosenkrantz
Settler

Local Time: 10:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Just one more question
Yeah , you can just sit there and watch the energy banks fill up....
Look in the city view (bottom right), there you see 'em!
Old June 14, 2001, 18:43   #32
bondetamp
Prince

Local Time: 12:30
Re: Just one more question
Quote:
Originally posted by magnwa
Something I don't get regarding crawlers.. do I have to bring them back to the base to reap the rewards, or do they do it naturally, each year, while sitting at the spot and gathering?
The latter.
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
-H. L. Mencken
Old June 14, 2001, 21:46   #33
big_canuk
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 05:30
Yes, the latter, and you have to press "o" while the crawler is selected. It should be somewhere on the right-click menu, but I can't remember where.

Something it took me a while to figure out, is that if you press "o" while in a base, you get the same menu as when entering a base, and can cash the crawler for a SP or prototype.
Old June 15, 2001, 03:02   #34
Basil
Warlord

Local Time: 02:30
Re: Question
Quote:
Originally posted by Imp
Can someone link me Vel's guide? I've looked around, but all I have are outdated links and inefficient pages. I found an old v1.0, but the forum posts are all about v3.0

Help....again please?
You can find version 2 of Velociryx's guide here, although I understand he's up to version 4 by now (that's the printed version). It's good enough - it's what I learned off .

As for raiding crawler parks with choppers, once one gets fusion, a synthmetal fusion crawler costs 30, which is no more expensive than any other crawler. (So yes, I routinely armour my crawlers.) A fission impact chopper probably isn't going to win against a synthmetal fusion crawler, and any chopper big enough to win will cost as much or more as the crawler. So you're looking at choppers big enough to take out at least two (lightly) armoured crawlers with sensor bonuses and likely rocky square bonuses to defence... a chaos fusion chopper would make a profit, but not a lucrative one, and that's assuming none of the choppers gets killed on the way in.

Of course, that does force your opponent to use infantry crawlers rather than rover crawlers, so they'll take a little longer to get to their destinations. And the game might be decided before reaching fusion power...