Old July 2, 2001, 23:10   #91
Qantaga
King

Local Time: 05:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ah, my nightly ToC fix has been satisfied.

2117 sent to SITS.
Old July 3, 2001, 06:21   #92
SITS
King

Local Time: 10:36
Turn 2117 to fellow junkie ColDark
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old July 3, 2001, 12:09   #93
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

Apologies for taking so long. Teaching today so couldn't get to my turn until now, although I rx'd ages ago.

Anyway MY2117 on to Deimos.

Old July 3, 2001, 12:18   #94
SITS
King

So you should apologise. I mean taking six hours to do a turn, come on!

'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old July 3, 2001, 15:37   #95
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

Sorry, I'll try harder in future

Old July 3, 2001, 22:49   #96
Deimos
Prince

Yet another junkie feeding his habbits

MY 2117 to Qantaga

Jeez, I was getting withdrawl shakes, 'cause it took me this long to get to my turn
Old July 3, 2001, 23:09   #97
Qantaga
King

It sounds like we all qualify as hardcore SMACaholics.

MY 2118 sent to SITS.
Old July 4, 2001, 00:50   #98
SITS
King

Turn 2118 to ColDark

I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime I want I just don't want to thats all....

Old July 4, 2001, 04:42   #99
ColDark
Prince

I know it's can be a problem. But I can handle it.

MY2118 to Deimos
Old July 4, 2001, 10:21   #100
Deimos
Prince

...'ere...your turn to take a hit off the SMAX pipe

MY 2118 to Qantaga
Old July 4, 2001, 10:43   #101
Qantaga
King

Ahhhh!

2119 sent to SITS.

Don't forget to check your scores in 2120. Hopefully, those of us without a score in 2110 will be better than 0 this time around.
Old July 4, 2001, 12:24   #102
ColDark
Prince

There you go, I'm down to just half an hour now.

Pipe "of Peace" passed on to Deimos (along with MY2119).

Two turns in one day, great, but I want them to last longer.
Old July 4, 2001, 22:26   #103
Deimos
Prince

::Puff:: ::Puff:: ...'ere...

MY 2119, the Year of Peace and Happiness, on to Qantaga
Old July 4, 2001, 22:53   #104
Qantaga
King

...and 2120, the year of the Power Graph, is on its way to SITS.

But, hey, the year of Peace and Happiness was a good one. Here's hoping for peace and happiness for all good factions of Chiron.

Don't forget to post your scores and then I will post them on Solver's ratings thread since I am the last turn of the year.

(...oh please, oh please don't let me have 0 again...fingers crossed...)
Old July 5, 2001, 04:34   #105
SITS
King

Turn 2120 to ColDark

and I have score of 5

Old July 5, 2001, 08:36   #106
ColDark
Prince

MY 2120 to Deimos.

My score? still a miserable 0 - and I honestly haven't just been wandering around in circles, mind in neutral!!!!

Old July 5, 2001, 09:04   #107
Qantaga
King

Well, this is all too strange. Since you both have the same scores as last time, Deimos and I will probably still have our scores of 0, too.

Like SITS said back when we first noticed the scores of 0, I am in other games where the score is available almost immediately, so I'm not sure what is going on.

No big worries, we just may not be able to use this game for the ratings system. But it is still a lot of fun, regardless.
Old July 5, 2001, 19:29   #108
Deimos
Prince

MY 2120 to Qantaga

My score is also a zero. I have a sneaky suspicion that it has something to do with how our Militaristic Gaian dealt with the UoP. I think that the game "officially" ended, and the scores were squashed.

Then again, I could be wrong. Maybe I had too much of the Peace Pipe last turn

Speaking of militaristic bents, who killed off Domai? If you check the graph, he went to zero before the UoP did.

Sits: Are you out conquering behind our backs?
Old July 5, 2001, 22:42   #109
Qantaga
King

Score of 0 here, as well.

So unless the scores magically appear, this will not be a rated game. No worries, because I, for one, am having a lot of fun and I love the pace we are on.

I'm sure SITS will 'fess up if he did eradicate Domai, too. However, since Domai went out before Solver, I am wondering if maybe Solver eliminated Domai. That might explain his early abandoned HQ.

MY2121 sent to SITS.
Old July 5, 2001, 22:54   #110
Qantaga
King

Something else just occurred to me. (I know; it's rather dangerous for me to actually try to use my brain).

The four of us seem to make up a good group of players. Since this game probably will not get rated (and we all came into this game thinking that it would be rated) we could start up a new rated game with the four of us. It doesn't have to start anytime soon (unless everyone really wants it to). Just something to keep in mind for the future. Obviously, we could switch factions around. I could probably even ask Misotu nicely and she might be willing to play CMN for us.

However, I definitely do NOT want to give up this game, even if it is not rated.

Just a thought to throw out there. No big deal if you guys aren't too interested.
Old July 6, 2001, 02:41   #111
ColDark
Prince

Qantaga.

Good idea on both counts. I'm well up for continuing the game. It's my first multiplayer game anyway, so it's a good testing ground for me. And I'd be up for another start, with the same players, but rated this time.

Cheers

ColDark

Might be easier to run concurrently if we stay in the same playing order, and send turns for both games at the same time.
Old July 6, 2001, 08:45   #112
SITS
King

Turn 2121 to ColDark

I think Deimos might be right in regard to the score being stopped. Maybe the game ended kind of like when you Transcend and you can continue playing but there is no score. Sorry!

Great idea from Qantaga I'm certainly up for a game with the four of us.

As to Domai I've not had anything to do with it honest!

And, er, I have access to a map of the starting locations and the Domai isn't on it. But I think there will be an interesting time for some of you soon!

Old July 6, 2001, 13:24   #113
ColDark
Prince

MY 2121 on to Deimos. And as truly expected, the charts tell me my position in all this. Whipping boy it is. Still, there's only one way to go from here.

Not sure how SITS got hold of a map, go on, tell me I am a Newbie after all.

Looking forward to some actual contact hopefully soon.

All the best

ColDark

Old July 6, 2001, 19:43   #114
Deimos
Prince

MY 2121 to Qantaga

Sits has our starting positions because he has been running around the unity wreckage. He probably has all the other goodies that come from there too.

Based on what he has said about no Domai on his map, Domai probably got wacked by worms before he had a chance to set up a base, or he is still wandering around with his pods. We'll find out soon enough.
Old July 6, 2001, 21:21   #115
Qantaga
King

MY 2122 sent to SITS.

Deimos - what's your take on getting another game going with the four of us, so we can have a rated game? I know you have several games going on now and I can certainly understand if you want to wait awhile, but it looks like the rest of us are up for it, if you are, too.
Old July 7, 2001, 00:58   #116
Deimos
Prince

I'm up for it, but, like you said, I've got 3 games other than this one going on. The fourth just started a couple of days ago, so I'd like to wait about a week before we start making any serious moves to starting another game.

The week will give me enough time to figure out what the pace of the new game is going to be. Plus it will allow me to try out a couple of ideas that I have

But after that, everything should be a go.
Old July 7, 2001, 04:02   #117
ColDark
Prince

Any of you guys know of any other "good" CIV / SMAC forums? I note Deimos plays in civgaming.net and they are down at the moment. Any others?

Anone give me an idea of what the moderators do? Just in case I fancy having a go at moderating?

Cheers

ColDark

PS. Should this message have been a new thread?
Old July 7, 2001, 05:15   #118
SITS
King

Turn 2122 to ColDark

Yeah Deimos is right (Damn I knew I gave too much info away!)

It might be an idea to discuss the new game over the next week to see what we want to do. But I don't know what Deimos is objecting to as it will be my 9th game I'm playing at the moment (sad, eh?)

Old July 7, 2001, 05:22   #119
ColDark
Prince

MY 2122 On to Deimos. Another quick turn around from ColDark (Hurrah).

I am keen to get in on a few more games. Hence the question about other Civ Forums. Can't wait for Civ 3, hope there a PBEM version of that.

Any of you guys played true multiplayer (simultaneous) over the net? I know it's got difficulties with the global (nay interplanetary (Deimos Mars Orbit) time zones. But I wouldn't mind giving that a go, an hour or two at a time.

All the best

ColDark
Old July 7, 2001, 05:24   #120
SITS
King

I've played a couple of times but I think you need to make time for it as it seems to peter out after a couple of hours.

As to other games, can't help you there...