Old June 7, 2001, 02:36   #1
Species8472
Prince

Local Time: 10:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm looking for a serious 1 week training camp sparring partner
I have had it with all this grandeur talk of certain individuals here. I am looking for veterans that are still dedicated to this game and do not talk about their greatness. I want a silent, motivated, freaked, fanatical player that has played already at least 2 years online and has proven himself in some way. This player should have LOTS of time, and preverably live in Europe.

I want to train silently without any reporting here like: 3000 gold in 1200 ad topics, just for yourself, no bull****.

I would like to train 1 week in dueling skills and 1 week in teaming skills.

Slowwhand or Eyes, this is not an attempt for arrogance, i just am looking for serious players.

People who i do NOT want to train with are: Eyesofnight, Strategicking.

People who i would LOVE to train with are: Jes, Kingus, Jhorsburgh, Weirdgod, Theburgh.

The training would be a complete sharing of building and research strategies as well as adaptation strategies. But also long term strategy.

If you are interested, please contact me by email: wkerpershoek@hotmail.com or ICQ me: 15720485
Old June 7, 2001, 10:52   #2
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 05:41
NOTE:
I just deleted a bunch of posts in this thread!
If you wish to take him up on his offer, please respond.
IF ALL YOU ARE GOING TO DO IS POST A CHEAP SHOT OR INSULT, don't bother!
If you do, it will probably earn you a vacation from posting here!
Old June 7, 2001, 15:10   #3
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Actually it's too bad I have to work. I think I would appreciate a dedicated week or two to Civ. I'm definitely sure I would learn something, and I'm reasonably sure you would too. Using ICQ phone would really help. Do you use it?

Rich

Ah, the days of summer vacations. (what am I saying, it's been so long since I've had one, that I've totally forgot what they were like.)
Old June 7, 2001, 15:28   #4
Species8472
Prince

Local Time: 10:41
Rah, i have seen you post a lot in the tactics thread, i would love to train with you. i cant do a training now either, i will have holidays half Juli. in the meantime i will make a monitoring system, since i am planning to do more research rather then play, like finding the EXACT formulas for corruption and waste in relation to distance and implement them in play, but also things like the exact riot factor formula and grain box management/ settler building.

unfortunatly i do not use icq telephone, but just icq chat will do fine. we can do a lot of offline work also. i just need a partner for the motivation since this will take long.
Old June 7, 2001, 16:21   #5
Deity Dude
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 06:41
I'd be interested, but can only offer weeknites (and early mornings LOL) and weekends. If you think I could be of help let me know.

Ming: I totally agree that the posts you deleted were childish cheapshots and please don't get me wrong with what I am about to say - because I respect the time and effort you put into this mostly thankless job - but since when did that become the standard for censoring or deleting posts?
Old June 7, 2001, 16:57   #6
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Deity Dude
but since when did that become the standard for censoring or deleting posts?
One of the posts you might have missed was the his request that I do delete the meaningless posts... and since it was a legitimate request on his part, I did it
The creator of a thread has always had the right to ask that a thread they started be closed or deleted... if we think there is good reason for doing so... we usually comply with the request.

And also please remember that this isn't a Democracy or a country that has freedom of speech laws... This is a privately owned web site. The owners, and those they authorize to act, may and will do whatever they feel is in the site's best interests
Old June 7, 2001, 17:14   #7
Deity Dude
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 06:41
I was only joking