Old June 13, 2001, 05:10   #1
Kurgan
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Color of the sea
Does anyone Knows why there is a difference of color in the sea (and the rest also looks different) in the in-map screenshots shown here: http://www.strategyplanet.com/civili.../screens.shtml
Old June 13, 2001, 05:53   #2
Sean
Prince

As I understand it, Frixas wanted the sea to be all the colours it actually is. It is a different clour in different parts of the world, and Frixas is trying to reflect this. I seem to remember them (or someone) making a statement to that affect.
Old June 13, 2001, 11:17   #3
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 11:50
Well, you must consider game is still "work in progress", so you can guess graphic artists are tuning colour for best result (both for artistic effects and about easy readability and right contrast).

Second point is screenshots come from different sources, some directly from screen capture, others from a longer path of screen capture, print on game magazine, scan acquisition.

Some are probably been retuched in contrast/lightness for enhance the details on small format...

My humble opinion is don't bother at this time of minor difference, until final screenshots start to appear on official site
"We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
- Admiral Naismith
Old June 14, 2001, 12:22   #4
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

They are probably there to symbolize the differnt depths of the waters;
Old June 14, 2001, 12:40   #5
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 05:50
the engine has changed once or twice during the screens.

if u look at that one of "the city of baltimore", there are civ 2 city icons to the left!

and the graphics have changed, look at irragation.