Old June 14, 2001, 04:07   #1
Karr
Settler

Local Time: 10:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
a more developed turns system
one of the very very few disturbing things in civ2 was the fact that even in a long game, the years were passing by too fast, untill 1700 approx.
because of that system, the 1700-2000 era was the main era of the game, earlier eras passed by too fast.

i hope that in civ3 there will be some other turns system, that will enable a really really painfully long game, but also a fair amount of turns to each era.
Old June 14, 2001, 05:42   #2
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:51
Actually they are trying to keep the game from going on forever...so you are out of luck I'm afraid...besides even if they extended the number of turns, you just end up finishing earlier which in terms of years is less realistic.

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old June 14, 2001, 05:56   #3
Zanzin
Prince

Local Time: 20:51
The early civ2 game seemed to fly, whilst the latter part of the game just dragged on and on. I would also like to see a more balanced dividing of the time.

I'd never wage major wars early on in civ2 because i knew by the time I'd raised an army, it'd be out of date.

This problem didn't seem to occur so much in CTP2, don't know why.....but it was possible to raise an ancient army and have it in data for a reasonable amount of time.
Old June 14, 2001, 05:58   #4
ContradictioN

If you have CTP2, download WES's new MOD, the turns system seems to be balanced perfectly.

Old June 14, 2001, 06:14   #5
Jeje2
Prince

Local Time: 12:51
Don't make it too long
I have recently played Europa Universalis quite a lot and IMHO one it's biggest flaws is just that a single game takes too damm long.

Com on,
when I wrelly tried and played a whole weekend through I just managed to play one game of IGC. That just is a too long time. I do prefer the lenght of SMAC. I can play one game in 20-25 h. That is a suitable time for one game IMHO.