Old June 25, 2001, 20:03   #1
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 21:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Here's your chance to blockade Britain
Due to the positive responce to the test pictures I posted a couple of days ago, I've been hard at work on my Battle of the Atlantic scenario, with the result that its now ready for testing.
If you're interested, please leave your contact details below, or e-mail me at: nick_dowling@hotmail.com

[by the way, 'Raging Dragon' is almost finished, I'm just playing it through to check for bugs before releasing it]

Now here's a few in game images:

The Royal Navy and Kiegsmarine fight it out in the Bay of Biscay and Western Approaches to the UK
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	atlantic.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	644  
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old June 25, 2001, 20:06   #2
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Here the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau attempt to break out into the North Atlantic:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	salmon&gluck.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	645  
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old June 25, 2001, 20:09   #3
Case
Emperor

And finally, Operation Drumbeat, the Kiegsmarine's responce to the US entering the war:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	drumbeat.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	646  
Old June 25, 2001, 22:26   #4
Grothgar
Prince

Local Time: 11:07
Well i would but im busy with everything else. ie playtesting 2 scenarios and finnishing off mine. but ill give you a bell if it changes soon

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old June 26, 2001, 07:36   #5
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 12:07
Just one question: why is Londonderry an American city?

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old June 26, 2001, 13:05   #6
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 06:07
Already!?
Yep, Case, here they are , tell me what you think:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	b&e.gif
Views:	214
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	659  

Last edited by The ANZAC; June 26, 2001 at 13:33.
Old June 26, 2001, 19:10   #7
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hanson
Just one question: why is Londonderry an American city?
It's an American Naval Base. Due to the limitationsof Civ 2, I've had to assign it to the Americans throughout the war. Basically, its there to repair American units, and provide American aircraft with a base.

Anzac, those units look great! Thanks a lot.

Does anyone want to playtest this scenario? Its VERY close to being fully finished, and the only reason I'm seeking playtesters is to get a second opinion. Trust me, it's fun!
Old June 26, 2001, 23:39   #8
SunTzu
Prince

Hey Case, i sent you an email i'd love to playtest it!
Peace!
Send it to WMCS44@aol.com

Last edited by SunTzu; June 27, 2001 at 00:04.
Old June 27, 2001, 00:01   #9
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

I'll playtest it Case. Send it to abcgmantifel@nexicom.net .
Old June 27, 2001, 03:12   #10
Case
Emperor

Ok, I've just sent copies to everyone who's contacted me. Is anyone else interested?

BTW, I forgot to mention in the readme that the scenario is very hard, and shouldn't be played above Prince level to start off with

Last edited by Case; June 27, 2001 at 07:22.
Old June 27, 2001, 12:52   #11
The ANZAC
King

I would have replied sooner, but this is the first time the forum slowed down so I couldn't get to it!! Don't worry though, MarkG and DanQ should get it fixed before some dissident Apolytponer hunts them down Case, I'd love to playtest this. Also do you need the Renown class graphic? Right now I'll start on the Scharnhorst class. Actually one of the 2 sites is one you already have www.german-navy.de/marine and the other is about Jutland and Dogger Bank and some ships at Worl War I Naval Battles Any other graphics you need just ask!
Old June 27, 2001, 13:06   #12
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

Well, I've only played to when the Russians join the war but so far I love it. Great gameplay, graphics and it is a challenge. This scenario will be on my hard drive for along time.
Old June 27, 2001, 16:30   #13
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 05:07
I just have to say that I am honored someone is using one of my graphics as their avatar.
Old June 27, 2001, 16:52   #14
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 12:07
I would like to playtest it

miguelsana@mixmail.com
Old June 27, 2001, 17:13   #15
Hobbes
Warlord

Local Time: 04:07
ding diddling ding! Hobbbbes here,
I would like to play test as well, this scenario sound kick ass!! and God bless Nemo for making such beautiful graphics.

email at:thekiwiguy@hotmail.com

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer
Old June 27, 2001, 20:22   #16
Case
Emperor

Shaka, Hobbes I just sent you a copy of the scenario.

ANZAC, I'll be happy to send you a copy as well but what's your email address?
Also, I'd really appreciate a Renown Class, and if you've got the time could you make me a Pocket Battleship and Z Class Destroyer as well?
Old June 27, 2001, 23:10   #17
The ANZAC
King

Case, here's my email that's also in my profile: theanzac@nac.net Also I finished the Gneisenau class whcih I am attaching. I assume you want German pocket battleships and I'll get straight to work on the Z class. Thanks!
Attached Images:

Old June 28, 2001, 00:11   #18
Case
Emperor

Anzac, I just sent you the scenario
Also, thanks for the Scharnhorst graphic! It looks supurb.
BTW, how's ABDA squadron going?
Old June 28, 2001, 14:14   #19
The ANZAC
King

Got the scenario, have yet to begin... No problem with the Scharnhorst and here is the Renown too. BTW, you want the pocket battleship to be German, like the Deutschland, right? Also I just realized that I don't have a picture of the Z-Class destroyer nor know which navy it belongs to Concerning ABDA Squadron : It is a new scenario which I just started with my posting for a map request. It's my first but I know much about scenario designing, but never used it until now...so I expect it will take some time so it isn't junk and hopefully by the end of the summer. But don't worry I'll let everyone here know about playtesting it!
Attached Images:

Old June 28, 2001, 15:06   #20
The ANZAC
King

Nix the pocketbattleship and Z Class destroyer, when I looked at the readme I knew what needed to be made. he scenario looks great! BTW what will you name it?
Old June 28, 2001, 19:58   #21
Case
Emperor

Anzac, thanks for the Renown. I think that I'll use it to give the British thier own class of 'Old Battleships'.
I'm going to call the scenrio the 'Battle of the Atlantic' (creative, hey?) Due to limited space in the field for naming the scenario, I called it the 'Atlantic Campaign' in the actual scenario.
I could call it 'Hitler's U-boat War' after my favorite books on the subject, but that sounds a bit naff.

BTW, don't talk to me about summer, its freezing (literally) here at the moment. Never let anyone tell you its always warm in Australia. Still, I'm going up to Sydney this weekend, so that should be an improvement.
Old July 2, 2001, 02:16   #22
SunTzu
Prince

Well i left June 30th around 11am to go camping, well me and my friend got kicked out of Village Creek State Park around 1am in the morning of July 1st So i'm back home and i'll get back on your screnario.
It looks good when i first loaded it up
Old July 5, 2001, 21:32   #23
Case
Emperor

Guys, could I please get some feedback on the scoring system I sent you?
Old July 6, 2001, 07:14   #24
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

YES! I will playtest this scenario...

berzerker3@excite.com
Old July 6, 2001, 15:31   #25
SunTzu
Prince

I don't think the scoring system is necessary. Thats my feedback on it. I'll email you my thoughts about the Battle of the Atlantic (your scenario) in a bit.
Old July 6, 2001, 21:43   #26
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

Since I don't seem to have MSWorks and my version of Excel wouldn't open it I cant judge it.
Old July 7, 2001, 03:17   #27
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Berzerker
YES! I will playtest this scenario...
Berzerker, thanks for your offer but I already have enough playtesters, and the final version of the scenario should be out very soon.
Old July 10, 2001, 08:51   #28
Berzerker
Emperor

Soon?

Last edited by Berzerker; July 10, 2001 at 09:00.
Old July 17, 2001, 11:10   #29
Berzerker
Emperor

Real soon?
Old July 17, 2001, 19:04   #30
Case
Emperor

soonish

Also, I recieved an email from Dienstag in which he reported that the Americans and English went to war against each other! Has anyone else had this happen? (If so I've got some fixing to do!)

Last edited by Case; July 17, 2001 at 19:16.