Old July 2, 2001, 17:54   #31
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 04:07
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Woops, I'm using Fantastic worlds. let me see if I can make a version from a clean civ2 install.

be back in a bit.
Old July 2, 2001, 18:08   #32
Father Beast
King

here's the file again
OK, I made a clean install of civ 2.42. made a new game as the americans, russians and egyptians on other side of world. they should mostly pick on each other and leave you alone.

sboog. go ahead and found new cities, send your units out to find new places for cities, deal with the unhappiness that will come as they grow large, and pollution, and all that. have fun building your empire. with some luck, the other guys won't come bother you much.

I wouldn't worry much about the overcompetitive people on this board, I have fun building my civ.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav sboog2.sav (132.6 KB, 0 views)
Old July 2, 2001, 19:24   #33
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 21:07
not sure if that best way to learn game with no interaction from AI, you have to learn not only how to build your civ and keep it happy at deity level , but also how to defend against Barbs and AI and also how to attack, All this need s to be done in a balancd way...
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old July 3, 2001, 00:16   #34
Father Beast
King

Deity Level? I usually play on prince or king. I only play at deity or higher when I want to get my but kicked. Whe I want to build, I don't want all those annoyances like other civs getting in my face. I've yet to play a game by myself, but I will.

conquering isn't everything. score isn't everything. winning isn't everything. actually I don't really care about any of those things....

all I know is that it was a very good start for me to have my first game be so easy. I came back for more. much more.
Old July 3, 2001, 06:32   #35
jake03
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:07
Quote:
Originally posted by Father Beast
Deity Level? I usually play on prince or king. I only play at deity or higher when I want to get my but kicked. Whe I want to build, I don't want all those annoyances like other civs getting in my face. I've yet to play a game by myself, but I will.

conquering isn't everything. score isn't everything. winning isn't everything. actually I don't really care about any of those things....

all I know is that it was a very good start for me to have my first game be so easy. I came back for more. much more.