Old July 1, 2001, 10:42   #1
MDR
Prince

Local Time: 05:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Has anyone heard from Shadowstrike?
Some of the people I've talked to say they haven't heard from him in about a week. Did he go away & I miss the post? Is he having technical problems?
Old July 1, 2001, 15:01   #2
Dr. Tzuri
Settler

Local Time: 11:14
I have not heard from for more than a week too.

If someone will contact him, please let him know I am looking for him...
Old July 1, 2001, 15:24   #3
Defiant
King

He had NMR'd in the game for ADC that I am Gm'ing, I would replace him but his country will be eaten up in the next year, so it doesn't pay, but NO I have not heard from him
Old July 2, 2001, 08:44   #4
Sahib
King

Local Time: 12:14
I have tried to reach him for some time now about Dip50. I strongly suggest we find a replacement BEFORE the next moves get out. Reason: the mere fact that now everebody knows that he is going to NMR is helping his enemies a lot. This would be ok if it would only hurt England. But it will hurt others as well, for example Turkey (me) and Austria.

Please do not adjucate before this problem is solved. Otherwise it would be very unfair. Thanks, MDR!
Old July 2, 2001, 08:46   #5
Sahib
King

Oh, and I forgot: I believe the replacment should be able to talk at least to some neighbors and learn the game situation. I suggest you, MDR, being our neutral overseer, give a replacment player a short roundup about who is allied with whom. Thanks!
Old July 2, 2001, 11:30   #6
Victor Galis
Emperor

Local Time: 07:14
I would also now argue that a replacement (at least temporary) should be found. Knowing that Britain will NMR, does somewhat change how I need to do the cleanup of Brazilian forces.
Old July 2, 2001, 11:40   #7
MDR
Prince

Well, I can work this one of two ways. Allow Shadowstrike to NMR, and don't allow any new "orders" to come in for this turn...this will give him a chance to come backand take up about where he left off. Or, I can find a replacement and delay the game for about another week.
Old July 2, 2001, 11:58   #8
Defiant
King

MDR,
This is only my 2 cents worth, I believe he should NMR this turn, there has been more than enough time for him to get his orders in and then lets find a replacement for the next set, I don't believe his country will hurt this much for the NMR.
He apparently has fallen off the Dip world, if he doesn't care, he must be replaced, but the game needs to have these current moves put forward as not to lose interest in this game.
Old July 2, 2001, 12:09   #9
Victor Galis
Emperor

Local Time: 07:14
Whatever you feel is right. At the moment I don't know enough of what the next few days will bring to care either way. I just want an England that will answer my emails.
Old July 2, 2001, 12:24   #10
Sahib
King

I protest. If Russia NMRs, that will seriously hurt not just him, but others as well. Since we are already discussing that and will need a replacement anyway, why not do it now and avoid screwing other people´s games?
Old July 2, 2001, 12:31   #11
Defiant
King

Sahib,
This turn, I believe is three weeks into the making, almost a month. People haven't been signing up for games in any kind of numbers, this game needs to move on. If we were to get a new player in any kind of quick time, then we need time for him/her to get familiar with the surroundings and then send in moves. It could be another month before these moves are adjudicated,
WE HAVE TO MOVE ON.

He NMR'd and that is the way the move should be dictated, finding a replacement is next, after the moves.

MDR,
You already answered your own question in what you could do, Shadowstrike has NMR'd, no question about it, it must be recorded that way by the rules established, you can ask for a replacement now but I think the NMR has to stand.

Last edited by Defiant; July 2, 2001 at 12:37.
Old July 2, 2001, 23:46   #12
Chazzy
Warlord

Hey, hey, hey
Whats up with using Russia as the example for NMR's I agree with the idea that we adjudicate now and than replace Shadowstrike if necessary. We are way into this set of moves so I say onward.
Old July 3, 2001, 11:44   #13
His Divine Shadow
Warlord

It is the position of the Divine Order to accept that the NMR stands, and that no new orders should be dispatched to MDR for this current turn. Everyone's orders were written and delivered under the prior assumption that England's commands were also going to be recorded. That Shadowstrike has NOT seen fit to lead his nation into battle is ultimately irrelevant to the current turn, though it does lead for some thought to the future of England.

Besides, considering the sheer size and numbers of England, a single NMR shouldn't shatter the nation, thus removing the possibility of a replacement player coming into a game with a nation that's just been poleaxed out of a dozen SCs. That situation could have easily been done with Talon's Japan, but our replacement player has done admirably in keeping the Rising Sun in the sky. Whomever replaces Shadowstrike will have far better chances in rallying His Majesty's mustered soldiery.

While I will agree that his NMRing may throw a wrench into some nations' schemes, Austria stands prepared to cleanse dirtier lands and move the crusade forward, not simply pine over spilt milk. Commence with the turn, then replace England's ruler. What Fate decides, Man must needs abide.

"Do you know what 'nemesis' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c**t: me." - Bricktop, _Snatch_
Old July 3, 2001, 11:56   #14
Sahib
King

Seeing the words of the divine order, Sultan Sahib bows his head and takes his protest back. May the english NMR stand as it is, as long as no new moves were allowed. The Sultan insists however that the powers that be check very carfully the times when the orders were issued, not the time when they were recieved, and compare those times to the first moment the english absense was made known.
Old July 3, 2001, 15:44   #15
RUFFHAUS 8
King

Local Time: 06:14
Regrettably the Confederacy acknowledges that their British allies have neglected their diplomatic and military responsibilities and should be forced to accept a season of stagnation as Brazil and Japan have. We sincerely hope that the British Parliament reconvienes and elects a new and more reliable successor to Prime Minister Shadowstrike.

Last edited by RUFFHAUS 8; July 3, 2001 at 15:55.
Old July 3, 2001, 16:22   #16
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 08:14
about ADT B, SS's dropout will hurt me a lot, as i will have to fight a two-front war, and i'm in no position to take any of his SCs, even less of holding out against Russia and Turkey!

If at least the units would supply each other.

Progressive Game ID #0023
Old July 3, 2001, 16:32   #17
Defiant
King

HsFB,
You are exactly right but the rules have to strictly adhered to in tournament games and they would require replacement of Austria in the second NMR, unfortunately there will be no Austria left in the time frame and trying to get someone to take an extreme mercy position as Austria's, is unlikely and more damage can be done waiting for a replacement. I don't like the situation anymore than you do but there isn't much choice in the matter. That is why Ruffhaus has the player reliability list going and I think that list should be visited when GM's are thinking about starting games and if (by some chance) there is an over abudence of players signing up for a game, the higher the ranking for the player, the first higher choice he is.
Old July 4, 2001, 14:47   #18
Dr. Tzuri
Settler

ADCT Game B
Of caurse that it is better for me that Austria is not playing anymore, but it is not fun. I am the player who gain the most (in the ADCT B), but it will not be fun to play.
On the other hand, Defiant is right, waiting for a replacement will hurt the game more than it can help it. I think that this game had been going VERY SLOWLY for the first two years, and wiat now for some weeks until a new player will agree to play Austria (which is not in an atractive position) will hurt the players and the game a lot. It is the first game for me on Apolyton, and the slower it runs - it is less interesing.
I believe that by one season Austria will not live (if a player will play it or not), and we shoul go on and continue with the game.

I hope that our game will not go slower that it did...
Old July 4, 2001, 15:23   #19
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Just oot of interest, has anyone heard anything from Napoleon Bonaparte II lately? His disappearance coupled with Shadowstrike's is quite annoying!
Old July 4, 2001, 15:30   #20
MDR
Prince

I heard from Napoleon a few days ago...he was turning in orders for Dip 50.
Old July 4, 2001, 15:41   #21
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

well, i just hope that Turkey and Russia don't attack me, although the latter must be very pised off at England...

Old July 4, 2001, 15:41   #22
N35t0r
Emperor

dp

Last edited by N35t0r; July 4, 2001 at 15:57.
Old July 4, 2001, 15:51   #23
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

What's the best way of getting into contact with Nap? I tried e-mail, to no avail, and it doesn't seem like he logs in very often for PM's, so whadoIdo?