Old April 9, 2002, 10:42   #31
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 11:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I also tried to create a world news mod. But I could get the icon to appear at the side. Only (Player) would show and rank calculation was wrong.
Old April 9, 2002, 10:45   #32
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

WOW! hello Faded glory,
welcome back and i wasn't laughing at you(if it was me you were refering to). I love to play CTP2 over LAN and anything you discovered to make it a better experience then let us all know please!check this link and see if its usefull(ignore the thread title its what happens further down that is interesting)link .Any help would be gratefully recieved.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old April 9, 2002, 11:30   #33
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 14:19
Faded = heretic!
Old April 9, 2002, 11:57   #34
Hermann the Lombard
Prince

Local Time: 07:19
Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus

That's the whole point. I have one big sentence of 20 or so different clauses and those need to be filled in. Since the location of different clauses may vary, I have to work with 'string variables', since if I put {tmpValue} somewhere, I *must* put a value there, and not a string or nothing.

Yes, you're probably lost, but that's okay, so am I
Hmm...I've encountered problems like that in other languages, and *usually* I could get around it by assembling the string completely in advance, then invoking the display routine, but I presume you've tried that.
Old April 9, 2002, 16:09   #35
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:19
Quote:
Originally posted by faded glory
Loco's code was bust. The feature is hidden! if Craptivision released the source code. Then we could do somthing about that diplomacy. But that isnt going to happen. And it doesnt look like its possible through slic
No, it's perfectly possible to get my SLIC code to work, faded, in some form or another, anyway. It's just a matter of getting it to work right, which might cost a lot of time, but it's certainly possible.

Hermann,
Naturally that's what I'm working on, one of the few alternatives to resorting to massive lists of 'manual' strings is to try and get the message complete even earlier than it already is, but this is all unexplored territory, noone has done it before so it's a matter of finding out exactly what is and isn't possible (which takes a lot of time, which I don't have...).
Old April 9, 2002, 21:48   #36
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Well Im gonna get CTP2 this weekend and help you guys try and get a working PBEM feature through slic. I am here to help..Plus I didnt play CTP2 with the all the latest Mod's. (which have been generating 'some buzz').

About the Slic feature you made. I did download it. And looked over the game. Alas, I didnt try I didnt have the game.

About the Rsyncs. The thing with CTP2 is. If you look closely. The Unit_Icons are a little bit to large for your hex. A simple cross the board reduction in the size helps greatly . That is, the problem with mplayer. Sometime in Mplayer the Machine gunner moves. But leave his head in the last Hex or even a small pixel of his bdy. That itself causes a Re-Sync. When users computers are connected to the host. They will sometimes misread it as another unit. Then the Resync's. Better connection helps. But not everybody has DSL.