Old July 11, 2001, 02:20   #1
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 04:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Baldur's Gate 2: the best rpg ever created
amazing- and to think the first one didn't look interesting to me

actually it took a while to get into the second one also. But once I got into the fabulous storyline I could not stop.

And while the action cannot compare to diablo2, the battles are fun and more strategic.

And one of the best npc's in the game is a sword (lilacor the sentient sword). I used this to the end despite it wasn't the best 2 hander in the game. This combined with minsc= great fun. boo-yah!!

And my monk- unfreakinbelievable. give him cloak of mirroring and he's unstopable (he soloed both the beholder layer and the mind flayer city). I love him, but for a challenge I will have to play without him.

And while the replayability may not seem much, I still find myelf itching right now to start a new game. There is still so much I haven't done.
Old July 12, 2001, 18:09   #2
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:26
When I stepped into that tent on the Promenade and saw the dome of Kalah... By that time I new I was done for. I played through BG 1, and this is, if possible, even better.
Old July 12, 2001, 23:32   #3
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 07:26
Yeah, it is a really good game. I'm going through the 'Throne of Bhaal' expansion right now. I like my super high level party .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old July 13, 2001, 19:32   #4
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Is it just me, or is the Lord Shade quest impossible for 8-lvl characters? Am I too hasty? And does anyone know where's the rest of the Equalizer (ever seen this TV-program with Edward Woodward?). I only have the pommel gem.
Old July 17, 2001, 17:40   #5
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

lord shade quest? I am not familiar with that. unless you are talking about the shade lich. He can be tough (I was above level 15 when I did him)

you get the pommel early. but the rest doesn't come till much much later (chap 4 and 5).

If you want exact spoilers I can do that. just let me know
Old July 17, 2001, 19:05   #6
Kassiopeia
Emperor

The Lord Shade at the Temple Ruins, north of the map.
Ankheg plate mail rules! And no spoilers please. i think I'll quit this thread now
And when thinking about the levels, I think that it's the equipment that mean a lot more then levels. A level 15 fighter with leather armor and a simple bastard sword can be leveled by an 8th level ranger with Full Plate Mail and the Flail of Ages (Though it may take some time ).

And what comes to the Pommel Gem, I get pissed for being force to drag it around.

And I've been summoned to the Harper's Hold at level 9 to 10, and therefore I get whopped by the evil *****es there. Jaheira urges me to go, but I ignore her.

Oh, and one more thing. Trademeet. Solve both quests, and you'll get over 20,000 GP worth of money and items, plus the statue on the centre of the village.
Old July 25, 2001, 04:12   #7
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 19:26
No offence, but as far as RPG goes, AD&D is crap.
Old July 25, 2001, 07:08   #8
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
No offence, but as far as RPG goes, AD&D is crap.
*None taken*
Actually BG's I and II and Fallout I and II are the only RPG's I could see myself playing. And I haven't played that real life AD&D which means lots of dices...
Old July 25, 2001, 11:51   #9
Juggler
Prince

Local Time: 12:26
Well I've finished BG1 (with Tales of the Sword Coast) but I have to get a better processor before I buy BG2.

And yes I agree thet BG is the best RPG game series ever created but compared to BG1 (with expansion pack), is BG2 beter?
Old July 25, 2001, 16:49   #10
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I run BG II on 800 x 600 resolution with no prob on a 350 Mhz P2. Your processor must be old...
I find the map system of BG I better then in BG II, because you can wander around like a true adventurer and seek trouble. Now you are tightly restricted to your quests.
There's much of new decoration on BG II, like putting together pieces of special items and dragons, but it seems a bit too messy. I have looked for aions for those damn Fallen Paladins at the Bridge district...
Old July 25, 2001, 19:37   #11
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Ad&d. well it may be crap. but at least in a computer game I don't have to care about all the silly dice rolls and such . I still like the character classes and races (although some races I never play- perhaps they should have more advantages). A strong point in the ad&d system.

Ahh the lord shade quest. Not an easy one. perhaps level 10 would be better. I never even left the city until I was like level 12 . So I'm not sure about the difficulty. I did that when I was 15 I think. I had to fight liches in there. But not too bad. I used skeleton warriors to distract them and get them to waste their time stop spell. Then I bring down their defenses and pummel them. But if you go in there at a lower level I don't think you have to fight liches. You fight something else.
Old July 26, 2001, 05:36   #12
Juggler
Prince

Local Time: 12:26
I also like wandering and exploring just like you, kassiopeia (it used to happen that it took me 30 days just to finish one quest - I had to explore the Firewine bridge, Southern Sword coast and some other forrests before going to the Bandit camp) so I'll probably feel just the way you do.
Old July 26, 2001, 08:13   #13
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I did the lord shade quest, with about 11 level party members and with weapons like Fail of the Ages, Scimitar +2, Long swrod +2... My main characters armor class was -6, second one's was -4 and the rest were -3. it was easy at that point.
I got accustomed at BG I that time is not of the essence. My main character is a Cavalier, so I took a job from the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart. They said that there was not much time, but I hang in Athkatla for a week solving the skinner murders I couldn't find the paladins tronghold, went to ask about it at the Temple District, and the guy flared at me 'cuz I was LATE! Amazing... That doesn't happen often to me, I thought things would wait for me... I'd like to explore more, but I guess I'll just go for Imoen and open that locked door at the Docks District Baylen directed me to...