Old September 7, 2001, 07:22   #391
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 13:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Mr. Nit-pick strikes again...
He, he...

Er... Alynzia... I believe you have a "to" too much in your signature...
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2001, 12:15   #392
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 06:28
I'll be gone the weekend so don't expect any posts from me. I'll be back for the week and then its off to annual training.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2001, 14:44   #393
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
Re: Thank you guys!

Looks like your little Top Gun -game has hit the Council floor...
Now the fun starts!

And welcome aboard Alynzia. If you say "didn't not like", that means "did like", right? Please help the illiterate foreigner...

BTW, when are we going to elect the Governor? Once Alynzia gets going (Admin and stuff)?
Old September 7, 2001, 22:13   #394
Argonaut
Prince

Local Time: 11:28
Alynzia,

I don't hate you in the least!! Don't know where that came from. If you were worrying about trashing my short lived Data Angel story, I don't mind I trashed it too! That's why there's no more coming! Besides, the Cybernetic Conciousness has been the Data Angel's longest standing ally (who have yet to respond to our leaving the Alliance but...) and we supported the Gaian's motion to join the Alliance as a nice bloc against Morgan. So I won't necessarily be giving you a lot of grief, and certainly not for anything you said in the past. You're totally welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and, for the record. I may write for a girl but....Argonaut is my handle as my name is Jason. I'm a guy....at least....last time I checked.....yup, it's still there.

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2001, 01:18   #395
[LordLMP]

Why would i get mad over that? I don't get mad easily :P

And both the Gaians and Cyborgs are allied with the Pirates and Data Angels :P of course, now that the Data Angels are out of the alliance, not sure about the relations between the Cyborgs/Gaians and the Data Angels. As for the Pirates, still in same alliance Pirates don't trust the Cyborgs, operating on Knowledge values and all which the Pirates are against. (stats in the game)

-LMP
Old September 8, 2001, 01:40   #396
Sprayber
Emperor

Guardian has posted 77 times in this thread.
I have posted 66 times
LMP 66
kass 46
Darkcloud 40
natan 29
and so on and so on

Or at least thats what the new gizmo says when you click on the number of replies. Opps, I guess this makes 67 times....
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old September 8, 2001, 01:50   #397
[LordLMP]

Kass, southern aerospace??? you mean northern aerospace right? as all of the Top Gun stuff happened NORTH whatever of Far Jericho. New Hope seem to be directly in between Far Jericho and Spore Launcher Sporum (got name wrong for sure)....

So New Hope is around 1000 km away from Far Jericho....on the Believer-Cult border.

-LMP
Old September 8, 2001, 09:52   #398
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

*bangs himself to head with something heavier then a brick*
*laughes hysterically*
Now that explains why all those geography tests went haywire

Ahem... OF COURSE I MEANT NORTHERN AEROSPACE!

I hope everyone still understood what I meant
Rachel Garnet shouldn't be leading the BAiF, she doesn't know the directions. They'll replace her once they get some real air forces
Old September 8, 2001, 10:35   #399
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Okay, the situation on the continent:

Cult Allies- x
Believer Allies- Spartans? Hive?

"Peacekeepers/Support Both Sides"-Data Angels, PK's, Morganites
Neutrals- University, Pirates

I think I have this chart correct... but, like my character Marcus, I am a little confused despite reading everything.

Voting in 2 days?
... As soon as official word of the fighting on the continent arrives and wreaks havoc with the council.
Old September 9, 2001, 17:02   #400
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Maybe we'd need a chart like in Birth of the Federation, I think it would be clear as what. Example:

Faction____Believers____Sparta

Believers___xxxxxxxx____Allies

Sparta_____Allies_______xxxxx

Get the point? It would be easiest to have it made on some graphics program and then post the pic.
Old September 9, 2001, 18:49   #401
Sprayber
Emperor

LordLMP: I'd rather not have a naval confrontation right now. I don't have much time before I leave for two weeks( in 4 days ). And these things tend to last for more than a few days. I was planning on having Santiago spend a while in Believing territory inspecting troops and stuff. And then when I got back have her go back to Sparta. We could have the confrontation then if you like. If she wins the election she could even spend some time redecorating the PCB.

Darkcloud: Spartan support for the Believers has never been secret. I think the Hive have kept their role publically limited. But the Spartans have openly supported the Believers since this round of the ongoing war started.
Old September 9, 2001, 23:02   #402
[LordLMP]

Sprayber, true but it is bit too late :P the Pirates are there to cause a Naval; Confrontation and in the Spartans' task force 1's way while U.N. ships go intercept task force 2

Hey, you caused it by planning to go to PCB via Believer territory

Can have the chart, but relations bit more complex :P

Theres No Relations, Neutral, Blood Truce, Treaty of Friendship and Pact.

The Chiron Alliance is just a group of factions that are pact together.... military and economic alliance.

-LMP
Old September 10, 2001, 01:02   #403
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
Hey, you caused it by planning to go to PCB via Believer territory

-LMP
As opposed to what route? Through much more populated Pirate and PK territory?

Do what you want...
Old September 10, 2001, 03:12   #404
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Sorry Sprayber. I know the timing stinks, but then it wasn't a very good time to go flying around shooting missiles right under the PKs' noses either, was it?

You just got a lot of attention - and not of the good kind...

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'll deal with a couple of other points...

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia

Looks like your little Top Gun -game has hit the Council floor...
Now the fun starts!
He, he...
Well, the Peacekeepers do like to play with the "Top Gun" style at times...
-at least some of them do.

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
Airplanes are flying overhead- whether they are 'observers' or piloted by the Cult is not a valid question... These 'observers' have shot at the Believing troops numerous times... but it cannot be proven that they are truly being operated by Pirate, or Morganite, Peacekeeper or some other faction's pilots... because of Morgan's policy of selling materials to the enemy...
Ummm... the Peacekeepers make their own stuff and it's all clearly marked...
-Unless you're dealing with a PK probe team, that is...
There should be a few of those trolling around, but they're not into blowing up stuff at this point. More like they're busy trying to keep an eye on all these crazy fanatics running around with big guns...
Old September 10, 2001, 09:29   #405
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

*giggle* *chuckle* *laugh* , etc...

-Oh no! Guardian's coming!!! Quick! Hide your signature!!!!

Ummm... (he, he...)

"No complaints, Alynzia..."

(She changed her signature again and added an extra line in the bottom saying "Is that okay with you, Guardian?")

Ahem... (*cough*)

*Guardian smiles and blushes a little...*

Maybe I ought to go somewhere else for a little while...
Old September 10, 2001, 15:01   #406
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Why are the Pirates hassling with the Spartans if the Spartans are at Believing area?

*scrambles to read the posts more carefully*
Old September 10, 2001, 20:10   #407
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Why are the Pirates hassling with the Spartans if the Spartans are at Believing area?

*scrambles to read the posts more carefully*
Cause the pirates don't distinguish between other factions borders. Kind of like the Peecekeepers, but without the confused policy.
Old September 10, 2001, 21:55   #408
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Let's Work with this... Any additions, corrections?

Morganites... Sell Tech to the Cult

Spartans-Peacekeepers ---- War?
PK's-Spartans--- War?
PK's-Pirates--- ? Chiron Alliance (Military/Econ Pacts)
PK's-Data Angels--- Dislike

Cult- Spartans--- Hate
Spartans-Cult--- ???
Believers-Spartans--- Allies
Spartans-Believers--- Overt Support
Believers-Hive--- Allies

University-Cult--- Friends
University-Believers--- Dislike
Believers-University--- Dislike
University-Morgan--- Allies
University-Cyborgs--- Hate/Distrust
University-Data Angels--- Indifferent
University-PK's--- Think they are meddling/ Dislike

Free Drones--- ?
Old September 10, 2001, 23:43   #409
[LordLMP]

Simply gets pretty confusing :P 2 dimensional charts of relations ain't enough for CC... we need 3 dimensional ones technicly.........

In the admin, can simply do this:

Nautilus Pirates
Relations:

Peacekeepers: Friendly Pact - Chiron Alliance
Data Angels: Close Pact
Free Drones: Close Treaty
Spartans: Hostile Treaty
Hive: Uneasy Treaty
believers: Distrustful Truce
Morganites: Annoying Treaty
University: Annoying Treaty
Cyborgs: Distrustful Pact - Chiron Alliance
Gaians: Neutral Pact - Chiron Alliance
Cult: Whatever Neutral

First part is how your faction feels about the other and the second part is the official diplomatic status with the other. Third part is Other very short added info.

-LMP
Old September 10, 2001, 23:58   #410
[LordLMP]

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

Cause the pirates don't distinguish between other factions borders. Kind of like the Peecekeepers, but without the confused policy.
besides, we are not in Believer waters ;p also, the Spartan task forces would have to go around a island to get to and from Redemption Base. (noticed that when i went to review the map).
Your near Pirate waters, enough reason for them to harrass them

Oh, will post an updated map tomorrow or day after... Added the extra Free Drone bases (making Athen Outpost within Free Drone territory...and free drone can't do much anyway, as the pirates establish the outpost before the area became part of free drone territory :P), Hive bases (about five more...two up north, two south and one inside the monsoon jungle...i used the two square away from other bases policy when placing the latest bases...and there no more room inside Hive terrtory to place more using that policy), one Morganite base on Deianira Island (Morgan Interstellar), and place the requested Data Angel bases which i haven't placed before (thought i did, but atleast i place the colony pods at the coordinates :P).

Oh, Mr. President, no super tanks please The warping coils, base on your description, seem more like a Photon or Probelity armor to me, which no one have the techs for yet. I still say Rovers can outmaneuver tanks, making it hard to shoot at with a Gatling Laser Cannon on a turret. also, don't want vear off away from SMAC too :P oh well, let the morganites learn their lessons.

-LMP

...yes i am picky...

Last edited by ; September 11, 2001 at 00:04.
Old September 11, 2001, 00:46   #411
Sprayber
Emperor

I must say that I was a bit lost on Morgans new weapon. If I had to choose between a rover and a tank. I would definitly pick the rover. But if the Morganites want to build them, who am I to question.
Old September 11, 2001, 16:10   #412
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Looks like there will be connections down at the US for some time... Just hoping you and your friends/families are OK.
Old September 11, 2001, 19:16   #413
Sprayber
Emperor

Well guys I really don't know when I'll be back now. As things stand I am still leaving Saturday for Guard deployment. I was supposed to be back by the 29th but now I don't know. Way things are no one really can know. See you when I can..
Old September 11, 2001, 21:51   #414
Argonaut
Prince

Just wanted to add my condolences to anyone who lost friends or family in the attack on the U.S. today. We've been watching with worried eyes up here in Toronto and we're praying with you that at the very least it doesn't get worse from here. I hope everyone who can is giving blood or doing what they can to help in the relief effort. It's a small thing on our part, and what those people have suffered through is insane and terrible. I know most Canadian cities are organizing blood drives specifically to be sent down to New York hospitals (and I believe Washington as well).

And Sprayber, good luck and hopefully you'll be back in a couple of weeks without incident and some sort of normalacy can return. If that's even possible.

Last edited by Argonaut; September 11, 2001 at 22:00.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2001, 00:17   #415
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:28
Magnetic-field armor has little if anything to do with probability armor. I got that idea from a science magazine. I can send you a copy of the article if you like.

I am originally from New York, and my family felt this shockwave all the way across the world. We're following the news with great concern, and I may or may not play while this pans out. To all, I hope that you fare well during this difficult time.
Old September 12, 2001, 02:40   #416
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

I was thinking Sprayber might be called out early after this... I know I might have been if this had happened in my country (if anyone didn't get it the last time it was mentioned, I'm in the Norwegian National Guard).

Anyway, I really don't know what to say about this all. It's just too much... I can see a lot of good reasons for people to be pissed off at the USA, but none that would warrant anything even remotely similar to this stuff.

I don't know what is happening in other countries at the moment, but here in Norway, all night long, people have been coming to the American embassy in Oslo to lay down flowers and light candles in the street outside.

Naturally, I watched a lot of TV last night, and... well, one of the strongest scenes I saw all night was one where a Norwegian reporter was standing in a New York street, and... well, there were no spectacular images of buildings collapsing or people fleeing in panic or anything like that. Just this reporter standing in a downtown street without any traffic, and all around her people were just walking quietly by without a word. The reporter was trying to explain what was going on around her, which was a challenge because she was working really hard not to cry. She gestured towards the people all around her and she said that these were the people who walked away from the World Trade Center, and that almost all of them knew somebody who worked there...

At that point, I was working hard not to cry myself...
Old September 12, 2001, 09:02   #417
Kassiopeia
Emperor

This is quite strange...
I had a migren attack last day at noon - headache, feeling sick, dizziness.
What is odd is that the day my grandmother died, I had a seizure also, just before the news came...
Spooky isn't it.

I think we should postpone on the Chronicles for some days, because of Sprayber leaving for duty and because all this is so... terrifying. Like from a cheesy Tom Clancy -novel. Or an action movie.
I'm just hoping that Finland can somehow help the people there. Words are just not enough.
BTW, some light at the end of the tunnel. Six people found alive at the WTC wreckage.
Old September 12, 2001, 09:10   #418
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I spotted a post of Natan dated today on the OT. At least he's OK.

All missing Chiron Chronicle players, please... Report that you are OK!

Last edited by Kassiopeia; September 12, 2001 at 09:27.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2001, 22:53   #419
DarkCloud
staff

Dark Cloud is here- I may be able to post more later but- I was staying off the internet because of fear of internet attacks.

My phoneline lost its dialtone for a while and now I am connected 50% slower than ever before, 14000 BPS. Thus, I second a postponement, perhaps until Sprayber returns- but at least for a week

A side note--- If you hear about the Afghanastan bombing of Ammo Dumps... Look to my posts in the story! No one really knows for certain WHO bombed the Ammo Dumps!

Another note--- The nerve gas 'disaster'???? In the story... this brings to question "Who was behind it?" Perhaps in real life this is paralleled, with many people and organizations behind the troubles... I hope not.
Old September 13, 2001, 06:02   #420
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:28
This horror is all that anyone is talking about here in Australia. Every flag is at half-mast. Every single person is horrified.

My friend has a friend who was in Tower One when the plane hit. She has not yet heard from him.

I also recommend an indefinite recess. It is hard enough to concentrate on school right now, let alone the Chronicle.