Old October 4, 2001, 12:32   #481
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 06:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I didn't even notice it. I'm sure Solo would love to respond to the rant, ooops I mean speech.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4, 2001, 19:53   #482
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:28
Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
Darkcloud, yes it is expensive Paper Money wise...where the value changes constantly and prices goes higher and higher every year...which is vulnerable to inflation big time. But Energy Currency wise...where anyone can produce it out of nowhere... lot easier and cheaper to maintain military units especially for factions by 2200. But Pirates is bit overboard still...have to reorganize.
Okay, I see- but they still have to maintain the vehicles to normal wear and tear, and feed the troops and that costs food and money.

Quote:
Ignore Svensgaard? Have you read his speach in the Planetary Council? how can you ignore that and postpone it?
Now I have read it, but can think of no response, the university is silent on that matter

Quote:
Vote for Nerve Gas? Darkcloud, it is already considered illegal in the charter :P
Zakharov is all for reversing that decree... especially considering that he is in the best place to manufacture a lot of it- actually I haven't proposed that... after his supply was lost, he is now going to use it as a political bargaining tool.
Old October 4, 2001, 21:07   #483
Natan
Prince

I think we need to make units large enough to block a square. 40 rovers could never stop any number of enemy rovers moving through the same square as them, since each rover would be defending about 10 kilometers. Maybe 50-100 (depending on what sort of rovers you have and what faction you are) would be more realistic?
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5, 2001, 15:31   #484
Clear Skies
Prince

Well I had a whole bit typed out, tried to post and was told that the server was too busy, so I lost my entire message.
The gist of it was: if you want me back, say so.
My thanks.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5, 2001, 20:40   #485
Argonaut
Prince

I want you back SmacFanatic. Are you Cyborgs or Gaians? I can't remember which one Alynzia took over. But, I certainly hope to resolve relations with both factions who have been quite since I left the Alliance.

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2001, 08:12   #486
Clear Skies
Prince

I thought she took the Cyborgs...
Trouble is, I need to try and find out which faction I could best cope with and develop. I usually sympathise more with Aki and her lot these days, although I used to play the Gaians in ordinary SMAC a lot.

Also, it depends which are taken and how much Alynzia wants them! Of course she gets first choice - I have been away for ages after all.
"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman
Old October 9, 2001, 14:30   #487
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
*looks at SMAC Fanatics signature*
I think we'll come along very nicely.
Any word on Cyber? The Council will stall at least on that topic without him.
Old October 9, 2001, 14:40   #488
Clear Skies
Prince

Ooh, fellow Foundation fan, or simply fellow non-violence fan?

If you're reading the Second Foundation Trilogy (the post-Asimov ones) read ONLY the David Brin one, because the other two SUCK majorly.

The original Foundation series are by far the best. Why hasn't anyone extended the series post-Daneel? I would sooo love to do it - I even have an idea for it....
Old October 9, 2001, 18:25   #489
[LordLMP]

Are we using my system for the vote or just one vote vote for whoever? (using mines, Santiego as higher chance of winning with Hive's and the Believer's votes).

The Factions that still need to vote:

Free Drones
Gaians
Cyborgs
Peacekeepers???

-LMP
Old October 9, 2001, 23:45   #490
Sprayber
Emperor

Going by the game some factions should have more votes than others.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old October 10, 2001, 14:00   #491
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by SMAC Fanatic
Ooh, fellow Foundation fan, or simply fellow non-violence fan?
Well, both - though my faction selection does not necessarily be coherent with that

Quote:
If you're reading the Second Foundation Trilogy (the post-Asimov ones) read ONLY the David Brin one, because the other two SUCK majorly.
WHAT? There are Post-Asimov Foundations? I have "only" read the seven original ones, all of them handily available at my local library. How about the Empire and Robot trilogies? I have been unfortunate to only get the latter parts from both.

Back to topic...
Quote:
Going by the game some factions should have more votes than others.
I concurr. I thought we had this matter settled? *mutters something about the left hand not knowing what the right does*
Old October 10, 2001, 14:03   #492
Sprayber
Emperor

I'm just passing a message
I got this today in my email. It's from Alynzia(or claims to be). I have no idea what it is about but I was asked to pass it along. I will simply cut and past. What follows are not my words at all and I don't won't anyone to get pissed off at me. I believe that there has been a misuderstanding and that the parties need to work it out cause as far as I'm concerned Alynzia is welcome to write. This is supposed to be for fun and not a source of friction. For me it has been a welcome distraction from the real world at least for few minutes a day. Can't we all just get along. Wait did a Spartan just say that? BTW. I edited out a last name on the message. The only way a last name should be mentioned here is if that person is the one that does it. I am Chris by the way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Chiron Chronicles people and the owners of the other James
email addresses (I couldn't quite remember his exact one). In case you
haven't guessed, it is I Alynzia writing to you.

I can't post on Apolyton on holiday until I get to a real PC... which
will
hopeful be before I get to go home.

In case you wondered how I got your email addresses, James posted his
to
MarkG on the forum, Chris and Jason signed Googlie's site guestbook.
I'm a
wily one, to do all that investigating since I can't log in to
Apolyton.

I would like some one to post a note in the Chiron Chronicles saying I
am
quitting it, to let the other people know. Not that I did much!

James, you are a *****. From my own perception of such things, I find
you a
lisping little brat who thinks he is so smart because your apparently
gay
gene carrying parents send you to a posh school. You don't write
better
than me. In fact you write like a girl and it sucks, in my opinion.
Of
course you may have an over 146 IQ and be really rich but it doesn't
mean
you can write at all.

Why? Surely you read my note posted by MarkG, I am on frigging
holiday. I
didn't steal your faction, you had two, I picked one. I gave you the
Gaians
because I've heard your sissy whingings about the environment.

And like seemingly oblivious to me saying 'I'm in the most exciting
city in
the world for a month' in my message, you post you want the Cyborgs
back
and we will have to hear from Alynzia about it. You know I am away -
you
****ing knew that but hoped people would forget that and after a week
or so
of absence Darkcloud and LMP would say 'Oh, Alynzia's gone, you can
have her
faction as well as the one you already have.'

That is not cunning, it is blatantly pathetic and a direct indication
of how
stupid you are. If you could have thought of a smarter way to steal my
faction, you would have been well respected. I can appreciate that.
I'm
playing on your level here, however.

Have fun anyway though,

Alynzia.
Old October 10, 2001, 14:37   #493
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by [LordLMP]
Are we using my system for the vote or just one vote vote for whoever? (using mines, Santiego as higher chance of winning with Hive's and the Believer's votes).

The Factions that still need to vote:

Free Drones
Gaians
Cyborgs
Peacekeepers???

-LMP
LMP, we are using your system of # of votes per faction, I just couldn't locate it when I posted the post.
Old October 10, 2001, 15:07   #494
Clear Skies
Prince

Re: I'm just passing a message
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

Greetings Chiron Chronicles people and the owners of the other James
email addresses (I couldn't quite remember his exact one). In case you
haven't guessed, it is I Alynzia writing to you.

I can't post on Apolyton on holiday until I get to a real PC... which
will
hopeful be before I get to go home.

In case you wondered how I got your email addresses, James posted his
to
MarkG on the forum, Chris and Jason signed Googlie's site guestbook.
I'm a
wily one, to do all that investigating since I can't log in to
Apolyton.

I would like some one to post a note in the Chiron Chronicles saying I
am
quitting it, to let the other people know. Not that I did much!

James, you are a *****. From my own perception of such things, I find
you a
lisping little brat who thinks he is so smart because your apparently
gay
gene carrying parents send you to a posh school. You don't write
better
than me. In fact you write like a girl and it sucks, in my opinion.
Of
course you may have an over 146 IQ and be really rich but it doesn't
mean
you can write at all.

Why? Surely you read my note posted by MarkG, I am on frigging
holiday. I
didn't steal your faction, you had two, I picked one. I gave you the
Gaians
because I've heard your sissy whingings about the environment.

And like seemingly oblivious to me saying 'I'm in the most exciting
city in
the world for a month' in my message, you post you want the Cyborgs
back
and we will have to hear from Alynzia about it. You know I am away -
you
****ing knew that but hoped people would forget that and after a week
or so
of absence Darkcloud and LMP would say 'Oh, Alynzia's gone, you can
have her
faction as well as the one you already have.'

That is not cunning, it is blatantly pathetic and a direct indication
of how
stupid you are. If you could have thought of a smarter way to steal my
faction, you would have been well respected. I can appreciate that.
I'm
playing on your level here, however.

Have fun anyway though,

Alynzia.
I don't know what to say. I am literally speechless.

By the way, I'm James and I have no idea what she means about 'the owner of my other addresses'. In fact I have no idea about any of the other stuff she says - I've never claimed to be sent to a 'posh school', to be rich or to have a high IQ at all.

I never said she'd stolen my faction. I heard that she mgiht have taken the Cyborgs, but since she hadn't posted for a while I didn't know what was going on. If you read my post, you'll see I was planning to ask her which faction she wanted. I have no idea what she's going on about when she says all the environmental stuff.

I was never intending to steal her faction at all. I intended to wait until she returned before posting anything about the Cyborgs. I didn't know how long she was going to be away for and was willing to wait until she returned to say which one she wanted.

This outburst is totally uncalled for and I am sure I haven't done anything to warrant it. I never meant to 'steal' any factions or anything like that.

This has literally made me cry. If Alynzia is going to be such a vicious ***** then she can have her precious Cyborgs for all I care.
Old October 10, 2001, 19:14   #495
DarkCloud
staff

...Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I didn't have time to read Alynzia's long post at the time.

Alynzia- I fail to see how you took SMAC Fanatic's post as insulting- he never said that you couldn't have a faction, in fact he said that you have first pick and that he wished you would pick soon.

We would be glad to have BOTH of you as players.

---
LMP- I'll PM Bearcat about the Drones' vote.
Old October 11, 2001, 00:40   #496
Sprayber
Emperor

Would it be possible to start a new discussion thread? This one is getting a little big...
Old October 11, 2001, 02:15   #497
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 13:28
Well, my feelings about Alynzia just underwent a major change, and it wasn't to the better.

If this is how she goes about sorting out her differences with other players, then quite frankly, I don't think we need her. I don't like to be saying this and I honestly thought much better of her, but now I don't know what to think anymore. I guess I should give her the benefit of the doubt for the time being...

Last edited by Guardian; October 11, 2001 at 02:22.
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2001, 05:07   #498
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Call me naive, but I have some doubts about that message. But I would like to add simultaniosly that I do not believe that Sprayber or anyone else here would of counterfitted it. I once lost my email-login and password to a schoolfriend, and his "joke" was very much alike to that.
Could it be from Alynzia? If it is, she has some explaining, if not otherwise then personally, because as Guardian said, my prestige towards her has just collapsed. And, I concurr furthermore with Guardian, if that is Alynzia's writing, then we do not need her.

But for a final note: This is just a game! I mean, there is simply no rational reason to flame up like this for a silly game. I do not say that a person should withhold his/her feelings towards others, but some taste would be welcome.

And yes, a new discussion thread ASAP.
Old October 11, 2001, 05:50   #499
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 13:28
Well, we'll see...

I certainly hope this is all some kind mix up, as I actually liked Alynzia...

-until now...
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2001, 06:39   #500
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:28
Let's not all of us get too indignant here. There's no point grumbling about quality of writing when we only have a few minutes every three days or a week to devote. I guess there were always going to be squabbles about who gets which faction. I like the Pirates and the Gaians (although Morgan comes in close third) but I may never write for them. But that doesn't matter, because this is only a spin-off homage to a very addictive and absorbing computer game.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for Alynzia for a minute and say that that message may not have been characteristic of her. (Although how a faker would have known Mr. Sprayber's first name and the names of others here beats me.) At any rate, I think we should hear from her.

Look, I agree that anyone who wants to fight should leave. But no-one should get carried away, all right? It's just a stupid message board, for God's sake.
Old October 11, 2001, 06:52   #501
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Let's not all of us get too indignant here. There's no point grumbling about quality of writing when we only have a few minutes every three days or a week to devote. I guess there were always going to be squabbles about who gets which faction. I like the Pirates and the Gaians (although Morgan comes in close third) but I may never write for them. But that doesn't matter, because this is only a spin-off homage to a very addictive and absorbing computer game.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for Alynzia for a minute and say that that message may not have been characteristic of her. (Although how a faker would have known Mr. Sprayber's first name and the names of others here beats me.) At any rate, I think we should hear from her.

Look, I agree that anyone who wants to fight should leave. But no-one should get carried away, all right? It's just a stupid message board, for God's sake.
I just want to make it clear to everyone that until yesterday, I wasn't involved. I was talking to my fiance and I noticed an email popped up so I checked it. I had to read it two or three times to make sure that I was seeing what I was seeing. She said she got my name and email address from where I signed Googlie's Spartan Chronicle guestbook. Never would I have known it would have gotten me into this. I should have ignored the email and not even posted it. I apologize for not excercising better judgement. I agree that no one should get worked up over this game. It's been fun for me up till this point. I have had my doubts about some things as far as game wise, but I always let it pass since it's just a game.

Mr. President. It looks like Morgan will be able to remain in the spotlight if he accepts the Spartan offer to mediate the dispute.
Old October 11, 2001, 12:37   #502
Clear Skies
Prince

I still don't really know what to say. I don't want everyone to ban Alynzia from this story or whatever if she did write that - hey I get days myself where the smallest thing can spark me off. However, I do think it was totally uncalled for, and it did really hurt me.

That said, I have to say it doesn't sound like Alynzia, but it's up to her to prove or disprove whether she wrote it or not. I don't blame Sprayber for anything of course, and I would still like to write for the Chronicles. I have quite a few ideas that I'd like to implement...

Anyway, haven't much else to say, apart from to say AYE on the matter of opening a new discussion thread Chiron alive, what happened to starting off a new one every 10 or so pages?
Old October 11, 2001, 15:55   #503
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I think, that we should

a) open up a new discussion thread (!)
b) wait some time for Alynzia to reply about this - about the timeframe of waiting I cannot say a thing.

First of all, the "Email from Alynzia"
(Quote, since there is no founding proof. She might of told a friend about this stuff, who knows? Maybe we have a menacing troll afoot who is reading things, messing up stuff and now laughing at the background?)
really isn't, like said, characteristic to Alynzia. And there is no founding proof for her words - Are they calculatedly selected insults or words thrown in "the heat of battle" or an emotional rush all people sometimes have, I can't say.

Whoever sent the message, has put Sprayber to a very difficult position. But I am glad that you posted the message, because I appreciate open confrontation instead of "backstabbing".

Referring to my earlier post on "stolen email". Maybe Alynzia has written a message to quit from Chiron Chronicles, but not with such vicious use of the English language as we have witnessed. And maybe someone infiltrated her message and fiddled with it.

Whatever the situation is, I am very... shocked. Stunned. Amazed. But above all, CONFUSED.
Old October 11, 2001, 20:33   #504
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:28
If we're talking about the game again, I'm sure Morgan would love to remain in the spotlight. He gets royalties from TV appearances.

But then war can be good for the economy too. It's clearly in his interests to get cosier with the Spartans. And the Pirates are bad for his business.
Old October 11, 2001, 22:09   #505
Argonaut
Prince

Just wanted to add that, I recieved the e-mail as well. Sprayber just got on to post it before I did. But I don't really understand it either. I hope it's just a big misunderstanding, and what not. I guess only time can tell.

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2001, 22:27   #506
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Would it be possible to start a new discussion thread? This one is getting a little big...
What is the point of starting a new discussion thread? Any real reasons? Are their places you cannot see... I think it is useful to have a thread that is easily accessable and visible- but If you still wish for a new thread, I suppose I'll create one now, but I really don't see the reason.

---
Perhaps Alynzia was having a bad day and misinterpreted SMAC Fanatic's statments...

Now that we know that she was mistaken, I suppose that if she apologizes and both sides resolve the issue then we can have both players- as long as we can work out our differences we can have a game.