Old August 2, 2001, 01:28   #91
[LordLMP]

Guardian - Planetary Governor or not, Lal can still act as one anyway by getting into others affairs, which he has done a lot more frequently since the Great War/Second Spartan War.

-LordLMp
Old August 2, 2001, 03:43   #92
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 13:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Agreed. As for the time line... Well, I said I'd post it yesterday, but it seems I have yet to do it... WILL be done today.
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2001, 05:29   #93
Cyber
Warlord

Whazzup...
Finally Iīll be able to post a little more in this story, somewhere about 3-5 on the Darkcloud scale.
LordLMP, Iīd like the Cult to have a few more bases, something like two or three more.
Iīll use Blakes old Admin post, with a few modifications of course.
Besides Xenoempathy Dome, according to Blake, the Cult had the HGP, so put that in your list also.
Whats the situation with the CoP military? I mean, whats their strength procentage compared to their original pre-war strength.
For now, Iīll put the number of units in the military to be 3 x the number of bases. That means their support will be badly strained, and the morale wonīt be the best as the people there have seen whole generations of mindworm and human soldiers being devoured by the Endless War.
BTW, whats their technology status? They got Advanced military algorithms and Air Power(?), some other tech that I canīt remember, and Missile tech from the Spartan rover. Iīm not sure about these though.
The tech they have researched themselves: Centauri Genetics and Retroviral Engineering, and are currently researching Biomachinery.
With Centauri Genetics theyīll have Locusts but not much for now, as it is brand new technology and the CoPs havenīt had the time to grow much of the damn flying buggers.
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2001, 06:05   #94
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber

BTW, whats their technology status? They got Advanced military algorithms and Air Power(?), some other tech that I canīt remember, and Missile tech from the Spartan rover. Iīm not sure about these though.
If that Air Power is the one they acquired from Braddock, they only got the specifications for defensive SAM systems, so it's not really air power. As for the other tech you can't remember, I believe it was High Energy Chemistry.
Old August 2, 2001, 12:42   #95
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 11:27
Quote:
Iīll use Blakes old Admin post, with a few modifications of course.
Ok.

Quote:

Whats the situation with the CoP military? I mean, whats their strength procentage compared to their original pre-war strength.
I think that they would be roughly 10% stronger because they have militarized themselves more; but their research should suffer. They should have the least new techs of any faction.

Stronger as in more units... not morale- your morale idea is a good one.
Old August 2, 2001, 14:29   #96
[LordLMP]

Cyber - gave me the coordinates and i will place them. do remember, as they are in war, hard for them to expand to much too...especially. so some of the new bases could be established as a military base at first...and during quiet times during the war, chance to build up a bit more.
by 2200, will allow them to to have complete Advanced Military Algorithms, Doctrine: Air Power, Synthetic Fossil Fuel and High Chemistry.... all factions would have those techs now anyway, either by research, trading, given or stolen. But i can't cult have much of an air force...maybe atleast 2-3 interceptors for defence against Believer Needlejets later in the war. rest of air force would be comprise of locusts.
in CC, we should seperate morale and experience... it is possible to have low moralled troops to be very experienced. so i see the air units to be quiet experienced after practicly constant air battles...become llike the Israel air force which seems to be the most elite in our world.
I see morgan mainly providing Infantry equipment/weaponry, ammunition and building resources...but may provide the occasional rover and building materials to contruct needlejets.

Natan - better that the believers didnt get mind/machine interface just yet to contruct helicopters. and don't think believers will accept slaves because of religion.....and no overdose of stereotypes concerning fundies. Anyway, hive will have trouble sneaking any military units with the Pirates about :P maybe advisors, observers, etc like the Spartans sent to the believers.
I rather see Kane die in battle in my opinion :P can't see him being a surrendering person, especially knowing Yang. not into sub-groups, but terrorist/guerilla/etc groups back by a faction(s) or whatever is okay...unoffcially most likely, but still. Also, pirates would volunterely join groups like that, especially with Svensgaard encouragement I have questions about Kurita and the Colonel....are they in the same side or fighting each other guerilla wise...and they would still have some rovers too....bad shape yes, but still I also see Morgan selling weapons, supplies, etc... to any groups like that
As for the beach head evacuation, can't see Hive foils take out Pirate cruisers which has foil support...maybe loosing couple of foils, lost of transport(s) and damage to rest, but no cruiser losses Hive may succeed in having some yang books smuggled into Pirate bases via peacekeepers, morganites and maybe data angels...but pirates will confiscate them. they would be ban, just no fees or jail...just confiscation and having intelligence keeping an eye on whoever that had the book And Free Drones would reject the stuff instantly. Morgan, as governor, may officially give hoot to the Pks for backing Kane's forces...but PK would have fun hit him back with this acceptance and using slaves from Hive

Yes, i still have to write Pirates timeline....tonite i will definatly if i not called in to work.

-LordLMP
Old August 2, 2001, 14:58   #97
Cyber
Warlord

Darkcloud-So should the Cult have 4 x bases amount of units? Thatīll definately bring them to the breaking point of support, and of course, their science is in a very bad shape and still going down.
I truly hope the believer wonīt have a couple of hundred units ready and willing against Cha Dawn, because thatīll surely squish the Cult.

LordLMP- Donīt worry about needlejets, I wasnīt even planning to start building them, relying only on Locusts. About the elite airforce thing, I think the Cult troops on the border fighting the Endless War, have to be much more experienced than indicated on my admin post now, somewhere minimum Great boils and veterans. Hey, Theyīve after all fought down there south for about fifteen years now.
The three bases are here:

Province Xeno 12,66 a beatiful, small base, popular vacation place for Cult citizens.
Worship of Planet 15,53 built as a potential trade place for Cultists and Gaians.
Nest of Fear 23,83 a military complex, main purpose is to stage air raids deep into the believer territory.

I just donīt see any chance for the Cult to win this devastating war, except with allies, and even that might not be enough to stop the fanatic believers. Should try to end this conflict as soon as possible, grind it down into a concrete stalemate. But, after all, thats what the Cultists have been trying to do these whole fifteen years now...

Last edited by Cyber; August 2, 2001 at 15:13.
Old August 2, 2001, 15:10   #98
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 06:27
Tech question and more
I think Natan just meant that the Hive foils damaged the Pirate crusiers and not that they took them out. Maybe it would do the Pirates well to see that others are getting better at the naval game.

A question about the tech level. I am assuming that the Spartans would be in the middle as far as tech goes But with each faction having advantages in different areas. uni-cyborgs would be leading of course.

Im going to put the new bases into my timeline with Parade ground on the island like i discussed. Also I don't have any problem with the events that Natan described. They make for a good history. You may want to be sure that the PKs involved were there without the officaial knowledge of the their government, but they could still be critized for not being able to control them. As far as copters go, if the Hive didn't give it to them, then the Spartains would have.

Speaking of which, Is this going to become our little proxy war? Cause it looks like sides are being drawn up. Another odd thing is that we supported morgan as PG and ened up on opposite sides in the believer-cult war. Not really unbealiveable though.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2001, 15:54   #99
Argonaut
Prince

Secret Projects
Just thought I'd clarify. The Data Angels house both the Virtual World and the Citizen's Defence Force. They have also recently completed the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm with the Cybernetic Conciousness, so probe teams beware!

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2001, 16:28   #100
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

I have no problems with Natan's timeline except that I kind of wonder how the guerillas would be moving freely back and forth across the best guarded border on Chiron (Spartan/PK border). Defense Line will still be there, as will the joint border posts set up after the U.N. Haven City peace talks in 2183... -plus whatever defenses the Spartans have on their side. This is a part of the world where it's hard to fart without raising and alarm somewhere!

As for Yang's works being published in PK territory, it's not a problem at all. They won't even be pissed. Not even a little bit, although they might publish something that argues against it. There is such a thing as freedom of expression, you know!
Old August 2, 2001, 18:27   #101
Natan
Prince

Sprayber is correct, what I was saying was that the Hive had badly damaged the cruisers, probably with needlejets, although they still managed to withdraw. As for Kane, he surrendered because he thought the struggle could be better carried out from behind prison walls. If he kept fighting, he would have died a hero's death, but remember, he is from the Hive, he has no desire to be a hero. He figured that some of his men might be able to feign re-education, and that others might escape and tell the other factions about what happened to them. Unfortunately for him, the Hive is being very careful with his men, executing many and putting the rest to work on what are essentially chain gangs. Some might escape and make trouble, but none are going to be trusted. If you really want though, we could either have Kane try to swim out to the boats and drown, or swim out and be picked up.

I think we should let a few Pirates come around to Yang's ideas, not enough to riot or revolt, but enough to be useful to the Hive in intelligence gathering, hiding Hive Probe team members, etc. Ditto for the PKs, but the Data Angels and the Drones wouldn't have such infiltrators.

I didn't say the Believers would get MMI, I said that the Hive would send some of its own helicopters to help them out, and keep mum about the identity of their pilots to prevent an international incident. Advisors would also be present. I figure that the Believers would be pretty much okay with having Hive advisors, since the Believers are probably also worried about PK criticism of their human rights.

Guardian: That's an issue which I thought about, but forgot to write about. I figured that Kane would get a sympathetic pro-war PK to let him through the defenses on the PK side of the border, and that a quick "accidental" PK artillery strike or probe team raid on the Spartan side could let them through.

Kwaseme and Kurita started out as members of Kane's army which invaded Sparta. Kurita has always secretly harbored loyalty to Yang however, and so after Kane left for Hive territory he re-established links with Yang, who ordered him to start attacking the PKs, with his former desertion of the Hive making the pretense of deniability a little more credible. Yang let the Spartans in on this plan, so they let Kurita through while pretending that he had fought his way out, and then the PKs thought he was still their man, so they let him through, presuming he had returned to get more supplies and men for future expeditions.
Kwaseme is a PK himself who joined Kane's army because he liked its image and wanted to fight the Spartans. With the death of Kane though, he is now basically a PK agent, with some Free Drone support.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2001, 20:37   #102
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

4X bases number of troops is a good formula, Cyber.

The Cultists allies... Do you believe that the Gaians may help?
If you and SMAC Fanatic got together you could possibly work out some sort of storyline where the Gaians begin to respect the worship of Planet, seeing that the Morganites and others are polluting it even more with the new technologies.
Old August 2, 2001, 22:52   #103
Sprayber
Emperor

I find it amusing that one of the biggest polluters(Morgan) is helping the Cult of Planet. Would the Gians really ally themselves with the cult with this irony going around. Unless the belivers are going to take on the Gians as well. I think the Spartans and Hive would find it an interesting topic to bring up from time to time.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old August 3, 2001, 01:14   #104
[LordLMP]

Morgan is not allied with the Cult...cult of planet is just a client to them that is buying their stuff, thats it. Morgan isn't going to fork stuff over and he doesn't have any units there helping them. The Morganites would sell stuff to the believer if they ask, but won't offer it like they offered to the cult. and believers wouldn't like the morganites anyhow, with their evil greedy money ways. anyway, Believers don't seriously have a problem industry/resource wise to be buying stuff from other factions.

Gaians is a pacifist faction and not interested in war as it does cause damage to Planet too. Also, Gaians are mysterious...and their intelligence is pretty good, has they have the most empath/telepaths on chiron with their Empath Guild and all. which means they have automatic infiltration of all factions. Sure they dislike the morganites and are operating various covert actions against them, like enouraging mindworm attacks within morgan territory. Gaians see no need to help the Cult, and don't want help them either has the Gaians see them has hypocrites, crazy and way to fanatical. but they are ready to the possibility that the believers will soon or later break through and wipe out the Cult and then becoming their new neighbours.

Only things which the Believers violate in the charter is freedom of speach, freedom of religions, freedom of choice, and etc... they ain't has bad as the Hive. Spartans may give MMI to believers, but what makes you think a Fundy faction would take advantage of the tech? sure you don't seriously need a MMI to fly a copter, but would be hoot of lot easier thought, especially if chiron has a higher gravity than earth.

i can see peacekeeper units trying to stick themselves in the middle trying to stop the war, but won't attack either side....but would defend themselves. Pks would also pick on the Spartans and hive(if they are so inclined in helping the believers) and etc...

don't mind if the hive succeeded in infiltrating the pirates, same with the spartans...but doesn't mean they will easily be able to cause riots, trouble, sneak in probe teams and etc.... Pirates are pretty ready and good at covert warfare, with help from the data angels.

Natan - what reason, interests, does the hive have by helping the believers...especially has they would consider hive evil with its police state ways, slaving people, and etc....

Can say factions only seriously started paying attention to the Cult-Believer war in the early 2190s.

-LordLMP
Old August 3, 2001, 01:59   #105
Sprayber
Emperor

Spartans are really more out to hurt the COP then to help the believers. And I think the Believers would realize this too. However, Santiago likes allies that don't concern themselves with how Sparta is run( like Yang) . If the Believers simply cooperate and don't raise too much comotion about the Spartan way of life then she is content to follow the initial policy of helping Believers destroy the Cult. And who knows. If the believers are grateful enough, they may cede a base or two to Spartan control. Anyway the Spartans have a long memory and see the COP as a power that stuck it's nose into their business so long ago. Besides, they also want the Believers to be strong so that the Pirates will have to stretch themselves as far as possible. They don't want the only spotlight to be on them and the hive.

Unlike the Hive the Spartans probably don't have a lot of literature to spread around. We really don't want all of the Spartan Battle Manuel to get out.
Old August 3, 2001, 05:02   #106
Cyber
Warlord

People, your acting like a bunch of big arse bosses around a conference table, smoking cigars and deciding the fate of whole nations And the Cult is in the spotlight, with prisoner clothes on and head bowed in front of the Judges, Jury and the Executioners.
But the prisoner wonīt be so easy to break.

LordLMP- Yeah, the Gaians are a pacifist faction, but they canīt be so stupid to not see that theyīre next if the Cult gets wiped out. Besides, the Cult is fanaticly against pollution, and tries to minimize it but circumstances require other things for now. The Cults warfare isnīt polluting, as they donīt have much conventional units.
Besides, shouldnīt you give the decision of whether to be on the side of the Cult or not to SMAC Fanatic?

Darkcloud- The Gaians might just help the Cult if they were convinced to more vigorously worship the Planet, but thatīll take time and wonīt be sure.
Other potential allies? Maybe the PKs will be willing to come between the two factions at some stage, but you know their bureaucratic flegmatism(joke)...
The Cult wouldnīt even consider Morgan as their ally, and are peaceful with them only because they are their chief war suppliers, and Morgan is also the PG.
Spartans are out of the question, for obvious reasons.
I donīt understand why the Hive is so interested about helping the believers against CoP. Because of close relations to Sparta? Or is this just a testing ring for their brand new wartoys, the copters?
So all the sh*t I threw when I was in charge of the Spartans against the Cult of Planet, is now falling on me... feels like as if Iīve kicked myself in the *ss
The Chiron Alliance members are probably not concerned a bit about whats happening to the CoP, just eating popcorn and laughing at the desperate Cultist pleas...as always... besides Iīve got the impression that the alliance doesnīt like the Cult much...
Free Drones are out because of geographical reasons.
The University might be interested to help the Cultists struggle against their mortal enemy, but probably with nothing else than technology exchange, as again geographical reasons prohibit their help.

Iīll write the Cult history summary 2183-2200 soon.
Old August 3, 2001, 11:51   #107
DarkCloud
staff

I probably shouldn't keep this secret; here is my plan...

"You ever wonder why some leaders never aged?
ANSWER: Zakharov's health formula!"

The basic rundown:

A number of leaders took Zakharov's genetic research formula to lengthen the lives of their brains. It is extracted from the brains of mentally retarded University children who are then killed.

Other leaders already use organ growth from Zakharov, but brains can't be replaced and can only live for a certain amount of time:

The Perpetrators
-
Morganites
Data Angels
Gaians
Spartans
Pirates ???
Peacekeepers ???
University (of course)

----
This will allow the Cult and others to assume a moral high ground position and possibly seize the Chiron Alliance leadership and "try" to force the others to step down
Old August 3, 2001, 12:26   #108
Natan
Prince

The Hive is helping the Believers for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they want to test out their equipment and doctrine, and get a little war experience for their officers. Secondly, they don't like the Cult because the Hive has the second best industry on planet, making the eco-threat a big one. Thirdly, they want to help out the Spartans. We could do some interesting things here, with the Believers kicking out the Hive for its godless ways, or maybe even for spying, complete with a little massacre at the barracks, and then the Hive sides with the Cult. I'm sure it also allows for some other interesting possibilities.
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2001, 14:27   #109
[LordLMP]

Longivity is more like keeping our cells, including brain neurons, to continue to replicate and not get bored and then die(aging).
technologicly don't have the means yet (maybe we do, just not releasing it for secret reasons, like the cure to cancer and aids), but the idea makes complete sense. The Longivity Vaccine SP is mainly discovering how to keep the cells reproducing pernamently. God created our bodies to live forever...its just us over time that ****ed up are bodies in various ways, like alcohol, way of life which spawns plagues, way of thinking, etc... hey, the bible and other stuff mentions that humanity use to live hundreds of years several thousand years ago :P

Darkcloud - so, if you want the PKs to pick on University due to their unethical ways, then there always testing humans, humans acquired secretly from Hive? while Morgan secretly buys slave labour from them? There is also cloning and genetic manipulation too...retroviral engineering, etc...

Cyber - Cult more into worshipping Planet by planting fungus all over the place, extreme use of mindworms and lack of interest in human life (the main thing which the PKs decided not to directly help the cult). yet, cult also has built several mines along the pholus ridge, with fungus around it. they done that even before the war. so they are hypocrites to the Gaians, especially if they are taking stuff the morganites. Another thing, Cult also found a few Battle Ogres before Blake dissapeared :P

Natan - Okay, makes sence. but Cult did have some interests in having some relations with the HIve...making them hypocrites to Gaians again. especially has both Hive and Cult have lack of interest to human life :P By having hive help out the believers a bit, believers gets to know them more, and then discovers the truth about them, then do the the massecre of hive troops in believer territory while keeping some of the Copters :P then we would have a problem of Spartan vs Hive concerning the war and Yang discovers such good friend Dawn can be Hive has been lagging behind in mindworm/planet research and their use of mindworms.

SMAC Fanatic plays the Cyborgs, unless he chooses to give them up to play the Gaians. Fine, if you people so interested in having the Gaians help out the Cult, then make it unattentionaly. I did say they have observers...and has notice that the believers still hasn't succeeded in breaking through the Cult fungus lines yet. Gaians could help indirectly with some probe actions like encouraging mindworm attacks against the believers, aswell has having IoD incidents. the Gaians won't declare war on the believers first, thats for sure and they don't have formal relations anyway to seriously break with the covert actions.
Believers would also be one of the biggest polluters, ala George Bush.

Sprayber - Since the spartans has so much experience in eradicating mindworms, fungus, etc... why not teach Believers to play with Napalm for example?
Old August 3, 2001, 18:20   #110
DarkCloud
staff

LMP- The main idea behind this was to give the faction leaders something to think about, they would have a fair amount of turmoil, but still be able to do what they wanted- it would get everyone mad at the university but Zakharov would say, "you benefitted, you reap what you sow..."

etc.

But, if what you describe, LMP is how it is in SMAC, then we should follow that- I never figured out how they were kept from aging in SMAC.

The way I understood the cult is that they worshipped planet by worshipping it and doing little else sometimes- it was their 'job and religion' this makes them sluggish as they always depend on planet to provide.
Old August 3, 2001, 21:30   #111
Sprayber
Emperor

The enemy of my enemy
Wow you guys are wanting some serious political turmoil I suppose that the Spartans would try and play both the Hive and Believers, but I don't think they would risk too much trouble with the Hive. But I'm curious why the Cult would take help from they Hive when they are stripping the planet almost as much as the Drones and Morgan. You can bet however that if the Hive-Spartan partnership goes sour, expect the Spartans to look either north or south for an ally. And believe me, at least one of them would be happy to learn some of the Hive's. Isn't politics great? But the Spartans would rather have the Hive as an ally. Sparta likes allies that don't care about their internal business.

LMP-I would think that one of the things that the Spartans provided were detailed instructions on flaming mindworms. May have even send limited numbers of actual mindworm squads. Not many though. The Spartans would be wary about too much contact. The would perfer to keep it at a minimum, so that Miriam wouldn't have too much to complain about.
Old August 3, 2001, 21:45   #112
Sprayber
Emperor

About the regen stuff. From what I get from the whole regentative process is that the treatment involves some process to repair cells. This would have the effect of leaving the subject the same age as when they first took the treatments. That's why Lal and Yang look older than Santiago or Aki or Sven. I would think and in Centauri Dawn(for whatever that's worth to you) it suggests that the regen treatments may not be effective forever. Maybe as more understanding of the process is discovered the leaders are allowed to receive more and more treatments. Longivity Vaccine will go a long way to ending the problem.

Points to keep in mind

Santiago had some kind of illness related to the regen tanks. Or at least thats how I explained it. Maybe this can be used if you guys want to have some kind of scandal involving the regen treatments.

People in the more democratic factions may start to feel left out if their leaders don't spread the priviliage around. I don't know about the other factions. But in Sparta, only the important people get offered this treatment.

Immortality is enough to go to war over. Unless everyone has access to it.
Old August 3, 2001, 21:49   #113
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Re: The enemy of my enemy
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
You can bet however that if the Hive-Spartan partnership goes sour, expect the Spartans to look either north or south for an ally.
Spartans look south for an ally??!?

Now THAT is an interesting notion if I've ever seen one... Do they see something the Peacekeepers don't?
Old August 3, 2001, 22:55   #114
Sprayber
Emperor

Re: Re: The enemy of my enemy
Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian

Spartans look south for an ally??!?

Now THAT is an interesting notion if I've ever seen one... Do they see something the Peacekeepers don't?

The Spartans won't be burdened by the past. If the Spartans and the Hive could get together after the brutal war that they fought, then maybe so could others. You could either deal with the Spartans or a rampaging Hive. Santiago or Yang. You don't have to like your allies. All you have to do is to have a common foe that is powerful.. Like I said a while ago. Maybe the Spartans may prove useful sometime. But like I said, the Spartans would really rather be allied with someone who doesn't complain about how they conduct internal policies.
Old August 4, 2001, 02:18   #115
[LordLMP]

Ain't has much as repairing cells, just keeping them replicating. the replication of cells in our bodies at the moment eventually slow down...slower and slower....the effects, aging....gray hair, wrinkled skin, etc.... keep yourself in good health, good eating, exercise, etc... has it encourages the cells to replicate...so end up living longer... it is already predicted that people from 10 to 50 could possibly live as long as 100-150 years atleast....and doubt you will be fragile, weak, etc... for 60-80 years....unless you don't take care of yourself.
From what i know of SMAC, longivity techniques was discovered a decade or more before Unity was launched and research was quite advance, not to far from discovering the Longivity Vacine. So would make sence that Unity carried the research data on it and how to do it... so all of the factions atleast have the basic data from the beginning...just that resources couldn't allow them to recreate effectively longivity... and i would think each faction know how to do it, just the effectiveness, research level, equipment use, how, and etc... may be different.
So can have University have the most effective regen tanks and etc... where people from other go and pay energy credits so they can be longified. But i doubt leaders would personally go to University to do that...they would try to acquire the designs, data, etc.. on University regen tanks or whatever instead :P
As for people accessing this fantastic wonder...depends on each faction, ideals, society, etc.... Pirate government would control their own regen tanks for the leader, governors, politcians, military officers, scientists, engineers, etc , but would allow private/public/commercial/etc ones so people have access to the wonder....but government ones would be a lot more effective and easier. miniaturation you can say :P hey, computers use to be the size of a room....look at computers now. Longivity would pretty much be the same. from big and crappy to small and wow.

Can have University working on the Longivity Vacine, which along the way improves their longivity abilities and maybe develop different other ways to it too...... there is also cloning and neural scanner that copies your mind, conciousness and paste them to the clone, etc......... Anyway, there other things which University can do to get factions questioning their unethical ways, etc....

The Cult of Planet does dislike factions to damages Planet, but will overlook them for some various reasons...and at the moment, Cult is desperate i would think :P Cult may be an hybrid of Gaians and Believers, but there is also Hive like characteristics....and blake did have the cult running as a police state...which cyber could keep or change.

political and military is what makes diplomacy like games :P but rather that the game don't get into internal politics, turmoil, etc... to much.
Old August 4, 2001, 02:27   #116
[LordLMP]

Sprayber - Believers won't be completly stupid about how to fight mindworms, so they do know and have flamethrowers...standard equipment on Chiron i would think. and they do have some experience...especially if they are polluters... and have pass experiences fighting cult mindworms...which are bit harder to fight because they are controlled by humans. but believers don't have to many empath/trance troops to fight the cult and believers are not the best in fighting in fungus. So i see more of Spartans giving them new ideas of fighting mindworms/combat in fungus, etc... (during the Spartan's hive campaign, the army did thought the hive in fungus....where hive had some captured mindworms at the time and using fungus to ambush/etc... spartans who are using rovers) like using napalm dropped by needlejets or artilleried.
Old August 4, 2001, 04:11   #117
Cyber
Warlord

Could you stop and ask me, before going into wild theories? i wasnīt planning to ally with the Hive, mainly because of their heavy pollution, but if things turn sour between the Believers and the Hive, the two factions might cooperate until both have revenged or castrated the Believers. Any prolonged cooperation might really be (mis)understood as hypocrasy from the part of the Cult.
Anyway, I donīt think Cults mining operations and some arms trading with Morgan should spoil their relationship with the Gaians. Afterall, the Cult would never have built any mines or traded with Morgan, if the Believers hadnīt launched senseless third crusade. The Cult has been simply forced to do like this.

The Spartans might know how to fight wild mindworms, but how about worms which have +4 Planet? I dare to even say that Believers know better how to fight the monstocities that Cult sends against them than the Spartans.
Old August 4, 2001, 05:49   #118
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:27
Pardon me for interrupting the flow of this thread. I merely wished to ask: What are the rules of this storyline, and how would one go about joining in (provided, of course, you still require more writers)? Would one need to own Alien Crossfire to participate?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old August 4, 2001, 08:41   #119
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Hi there, Mr. President!

Yup, we still have some spots open.
How to go about joining: Basically, you select a faction that isn't currently run by a player, we agree upon some basics regarding their history up to date, and you take it from there! -And you can pretty much do whatever you want with them as long as it's reasonable and makes sense.

Owning Alien Crossfire helps because it's easier to get maps and stuff, but it's not required. (I don't have it myself, but I'm trying to get hold of it... )

As for more details about rules and stuff, there is a thread called Chiron Cronicles Rules which addresses several such matters. I suggest you read it and then ask again if you're still wondering about something.
Old August 4, 2001, 09:11   #120
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:27
i have been monitoring with interest the discussion going on, but haven't taken part yet. I'll save this page and read it offline...
BTW, Where is the map? I can't figure out what you are talking about when I can't even tell how many bases I have and where!