Old August 2, 2001, 18:34   #121
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 11:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Great Oracle, Bosporus...
"Il nombre di padre, il hijo, e il spiruto sancto. Amen..." said Klamens Metternich as he rose and cocked his rifle, the small resistance force collected of the dispersed Adriatic Soldiers sat around the old Temple aimlessly. Most of them talking or staring blankly at the gold encrusted marble walls of the Oracle.

"What are we going to do Klamens? The Jews have this place on lock down?" asked Piero Pepperoni, he received the nick name 'pepper' due to his comical last name "I mean Christ, I don't even know how all of this bullsh*t came to pass!"

"Pepper, relax. I'm sure things will pan out, do you actually think we're going to lose to a bunch of Jews? They caught us off guard, heh, we should dump a pile of pennies out there, and when the greedy f*ckers rush to grab them we mow em down!" said Klamens with a laugh. The whole troop chuckled heartily, Klamens then looked up towards one of the many windows. The former stained glass was blown out allowing the sunlight to break through turning the floating dust into a golden ray of cloud.

"I say we rush them, just run out and shoot wildly, the Jews'll die like the pigs they are." said Minolo Rodriguez "I know you wops are weak fighters, but we Spaniards can take it."

Apparenlty jokes, and lame ones at that, were all these men had left.

Just then the door burst open, as Israeli troops poured in yelling "PEACE! PEACE! HOLD YOUR FIRE!"

The Adriatic troops put their guns up, readying to attack "Stand firm, stand firm!" yelled Klamens.

"NO NO NO!" yelled one Israeli soldier "We have made peace!"

"Are you certain, is there peace?" asked Klamens as he slowly lowered his weapon.

"Yes, the President has agreed to terms, I don't know them personally but terms have been reached." said the Israeli.

"President Idoni, I knew he'd come to his senses-"

"Mussolini." said the Israeli.

"Benito Mussolini?" asked Metternich.

"Yes, Benito Mussolini, il Duce, the Lion of Venice, whatever you want to call him. He's the President now." said the soldier.

"Benito Mussolini......"
Old August 2, 2001, 18:50   #122
SunTzu
Prince

Damn dam damn, sorry! HEre's the deal i leant my friend my CD last week, i asked him today if i could get it back he had to run but he said he'll bring it by at 7pm! Can we delay till then! i'll play as late as possible to make up for the time lost. SORRRRRYY
Old August 2, 2001, 18:58   #123
SunTzu
Prince

Correction i just got my CD Thank god
Now the AL will die like they should!
Old August 2, 2001, 19:26   #124
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 21:33
Turkey (Formerly Bosporus)
israeli StormTroopers milling around the city square admiring the Wonder built by the AL...

"You know Paulie, it will be shame when we have to leave this lovely city and return it to the Adriatic League" said Private Abraham Winkle

"yes Abraham, I have enjoyed our R&R here. The European women have been very friendly, better than those Mali women I hear" replied Private Paul Fimona

"Hey you two boys shut up " interupteed Corporal Deborah Patski. "you make it sound like you joined this war for sex, couldnt you get any unless you were paying the poor girls" she laughed.

"Hey knowck it off, we never had to pay anyone, the girls here are very friendly, we just wine them and dine them "

"Yeah sure Paulie , well you will have to go back to chatting up us Ugly Israeli girls soon, the orders are here for a full withdrawal, jsut awaiting the trains now. Apaprently the Saudi Peninsula is looking dangerous"

"ahh damn more arab women in veils"
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old August 2, 2001, 19:37   #125
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Israel Palace
"Sire they have agreed to our peace offer, we can now turn to the more pressing issue."

"Yes Captain Allan. The final plans are ready, move the Ralfs forward, the poor swine will never know what hit them !!!!"

The gathered group all broke into mass hysteria.
Old August 2, 2001, 21:31   #126
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Back in Turkey
"look here comes Presidnet Musolini now." shouted Private Abraham

"Wow this must mean the war is over fianlly " said Private Paul

"Yes Paulie finally we get to go home"

Il Duce stepped from the train and approached the end of the platform where a dais had been setup for him sto speak from. He waved t othe throngs of Adritic and Israeli soldiers.

"I have so ...." his words were cutoff by a sudden explosion as the dais erupted in a furious explosion and flames engulfed il Duce

Screams broke out and the leaders own body gurads charged forward , but it was too late, Il Duce was dead......
Old August 2, 2001, 21:31   #127
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Drake's attempt to keep Capo in the game...
I'm sorry but I had to again quit this game because the group mentality is not condusive to a proper diplogame. I now post the following to help the group understand what my reasons for quitting are, and hopefully so they can understand just why they pissed me off... this is going to be my last post, I left the game and hope you find a worthy replacement....

LBP Slacker: I'm out.
Highfill78: calm down alright
LBP Slacker: No **** those Kangaroo ****ing pussies.
LBP Slacker: I'm not ****ing dealing with that ****.
LBP Slacker: And no, there's no chance of me coming back.
LBP Slacker: This bull**** where we never cater to eachother is a load of garbage.
Highfill78: oh come on man
LBP Slacker: The game screws me so we don't giv ea ****.
LBP Slacker: I break my leg so we conquer my cities.
LBP Slacker: What's next Drake?
LBP Slacker: And don't give me that crap, its just a ****ing game.
LBP Slacker: Finishing it fast won't help anything.
LBP Slacker: If we're not having fun, we shouldn't play in it.
LBP Slacker: And if this bull**** is going to continue I'm not having fun.
LBP Slacker: So I'm not going to play, its that simple.
LBP Slacker: For some odd reason Civ players are the hugest *******s on the planet.
LBP Slacker: They treat this game like its some all important event.
Highfill78: capo, youre being overdramatic here.......we can work something out
LBP Slacker: Drake, you are being overdramatic.
Highfill78: huh?
LBP Slacker: If you can't stop playing a game just so it works out right.
LBP Slacker: FOR THE SAKE OF WHATEVER its stupid.
Highfill78: capo....we can negotiate, but you gotta be calm........you gonna try or what man....id really be down if you left
LBP Slacker: I'm trying to explain to Deity why I'm leaving.
LBP Slacker: He's offering me his money, he DOESNT UNDERSTAND ME
LBP Slacker: You guys don't understand me.
LBP Slacker: I DONT CARE IF I AM WINNING
LBP Slacker: I DONT CARE HOW MUCH MONEY I HAVE
LBP Slacker: I care that you ****ers would rather screw me over just to get this game done quicker.
LBP Slacker: That's not what this game was made for, its not a fast game.
LBP Slacker: Its a diplogame.
Highfill78: i understand man, but youre blowing it out of proportion
LBP Slacker: No I'm not, its not a big deal to me.
LBP Slacker: I can just turn around and leave it, its that easy.
Highfill78: then **** it man, get through it....ill return the money you gave me and we move on
Highfill78: no biggy
LBP Slacker: No, you don't understand.
LBP Slacker: Its not the money.
LBP Slacker: DO YOU UNDERSTAND YET?
Highfill78: then forget it
LBP Slacker: TELL ME WHEN YOU UNDERSTAND.
Highfill78: just move on
Highfill78: deal with it
LBP Slacker: Drake, I can't come back cuz you guys don't get it.
Highfill78: i get it......but it's not worth this
LBP Slacker: Worth what?
LBP Slacker: Playing correctly?
Highfill78: the game is buggy this late on........it did this sort of thing in the monday game too.......we got through
LBP Slacker: Yeah but you guys are morons.
LBP Slacker: Cuz you didn't play right.
LBP Slacker: If someone loses money, especially like this, you don't just say oh well.
LBP Slacker: You say, alright lets reload an autosave and take care of that.
Highfill78: riiiight capo...insult the only one who cares if you play.......
LBP Slacker: It shouldn't be considered a chore to reload the gmae just so its correct.
Highfill78: i agree!
LBP Slacker: **** you Drake, I don't have to kiss your ass.
LBP Slacker: If they don't want me to play that's just more reason to leave.
Highfill78: i didnt ask you to christ
LBP Slacker: Ask them to vote on it, if they think we should replay from an autosave so I can get my rightful money back to vote with that, and if they want to screw over the guy that busted his ass to make their fast ****ing game then to vote that way too.
Highfill78: id do it, but i think im the only one
LBP Slacker: Well Drake, this is how it goes, you won't see a thread for this, you won't see a post or anything.
LBP Slacker: this won't become an Elendil or Nappy.
LBP Slacker: This will just fade out.
LBP Slacker: You guys can just forget I ever existed, but I hope you ****ers realize one day when you finish this game, that there was a time when getting to the point you are going to get to.
LBP Slacker: A point that MEANS NOTHING, and signifies LOSS more than victory.
LBP Slacker: When getting to that worthless point of LOSS was so important to you guys that you blatantly screwed over the guy that tried to keep the best MP game alive.
LBP Slacker: Cuz I'll be somehwere else, not giving a ****.
LBP Slacker: Adios amigos.
LBP Slacker: And long live the fastest story ever told.
Highfill78: ill miss you capo.......... :-(
LBP Slacker: At least the last thing I did was prove I could drive the Mongols away.
Highfill78: you can do more than that if you return
Highfill78: we're voting now
LBP Slacker: Yeah but who cares?
Highfill78: i do for one
LBP Slacker: I want you to tell me now if anyone's talking ****.
LBP Slacker: The truth.
LBP Slacker: Who is talking **** about me?
LBP Slacker: I wanna know what they're all saying.
Highfill78: well everyone just wants to play basically
LBP Slacker: You do realize the only point of playing fast is to end the game.
LBP Slacker: And if you liked the game ending it wouldn't be this important.
Highfill78: well we're not anywhere near the end
LBP Slacker: Yeah but why try to get there fast, especially in lieu of doing it right?
Highfill78: playing consistently is important for morale
LBP Slacker: So is not getting screwed over after you've contributed so much.
LBP Slacker: If this happened to anyone else I'd be all for it.
Highfill78: well the vote was 4-2 to play on
LBP Slacker: Who voted with you?
Highfill78: belinda
LBP Slacker: What'd she have to say?
LBP Slacker: This game ran better when I was the unquestioned dictator.
Highfill78: c'mon man, just bite your lip and ****ing play.........get rid of some of this frustration
LBP Slacker: Drake, no.
LBP Slacker: I refuse to play like this.
LBP Slacker: This is a diplogame.
Highfill78: dont be so damn stubborn...i caved into you.....you cave into me now
LBP Slacker: No.
LBP Slacker: Because I was right, you were wrong.
LBP Slacker: You wanted to leave because the game wasn't being played.
Highfill78: being right isnt always whats best
LBP Slacker: I want to leave because its not being played right.
LBP Slacker: You're an American, I can't believe you said that.
LBP Slacker: That's such a European mentality.
Highfill78: for a civ game i mean
LBP Slacker: No, what's right is always what's best.
LBP Slacker: Otherwise it'd be what's wrong.
Highfill78: so youre done then
Highfill78: thats it
LBP Slacker: Yeah, because this game is full of chumps.
Highfill78: alright.......sorry you feel that way......like i said, i'll miss you if you go
Highfill78: so i should tell everyone to play on then?
Highfill78: or what
LBP Slacker: Tell them I said "Its been real, **** you very much, Capo's out. Peace."
LBP Slacker: At least do me that courtesy.
Highfill78: if thats what the capo wants
LBP Slacker: Yes it is.
Highfill78: ok...going up now
LBP Slacker: Perfect.

One Love.
Old August 2, 2001, 21:42   #128
SunTzu
Prince

capo no one wants you back, this is the second time you've quit in a week. I'm taking over AL next week. Group decesion. Bye!
Old August 2, 2001, 21:58   #129
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Facts
two weeks ago, Capo quit during Deitys turn without warning, when we came back the following week, Deitys production had al lgone, his money spent rush building troops was gone but no troops.. capo said play on... bug of the gaem its just a trun delay,, but that turn of production was never got back, a whole turn of troop production wasteed gone forevr due to a bug, but cap osaid play on so we did...

now this

I wonder why we al lvoted play on !!!!
Old August 2, 2001, 22:05   #130
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 05:33
News from the Nepal Hideaway
Lord Dangime suffered a minor injury in an auto accident while commanding troops on the front lines in the Ural campaign. Dangime left his trusted general Sun Tzu in command of the armies, and left for his mountain retreat in Nepal to recover.

Meanwhile on the front, the possiblities of the coming war was too much for the populace of the Adricatic League. The people rioted in the streets, and General Sun Tzu used this to full effect. Being an Israeli prince helped in that his personal defense force not part of the regular Mongolian army was loyal to Sun Tzu himself. Sun Tzu lead his small force to the very heart of the Adriatic League's Territory and met little resistance on the way. Combining surprise with the element of confusion in the country, Sun Tzu quickly seized control of the AL. Some of the armed forces of the AL simply broke up during the revolt, unwilling to protect the old reigeme, even more threw down their arms in fear of a complete Mongolian Invasion. Using these elements to his advantage Sun Tzu had control of the whole of the AL in months.

Lord Dangime, while surprised of this news, did not object too greatly. Sun Tzu had not abused Mongolian forces, put did abandon his orders to attack. However little else could have been done at the time and the result was very likely the same in Dangime's thinking. Dangime desided to give the Israeli Prince reconition of his achivement by reassigning him as Lord Governor of Europa, however this blessing merely confirmed that mongolian forces would not directly interfere with Sun Tzu's takeover.

As a result Mongolian polacies toward the AL may change, although Lord Dangime has requested from Sun Tzu that settlements in the Siberian region east of the Ural Mountains, be abandoned since it falls into the Mongolian Sphere of influance. As of now Dangime has ordered his forces to hold their psoitions on the western front and wait for futher orders........................
Old August 2, 2001, 22:24   #131
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Ugh, another twist of words agianst the AL... how original...
Raz is incorrect. Deity had purchased units while I was quitting out of the game as we do normally. I was never told not to quit out at this specific time and just did things as I normally would. During this time period Deity purchased units which should have been available to him. Somehow the game glitched so that although the proper shieldage was given to the production boxes, the units didn't come until one turn later. When asked what we should do about this, which was simply a delay in production (although a case could be made for a loss), Deity agreed to play onward.

I mysteriously lost nearly 1500 gold, which comprised my entire treasury. I wouldn't get it back the next turn, it wasn't coming back unlike Deity's units, which he DID recieve. I asked that we load up the last tribe's autosave before the money dissapeared and play from there, around a five to ten (if you want to stretch it) minute delay would have resulted. One would assume that a game in which the popular phrases are "The Greatest Diplogame" and "The Greatest Story Ever Told" would have much more concern of the quality of its continuation rather than mere speed.

My main issues were a lack of respect and a lack of mutual feeling towards the game, the entire group wanted speed, they wanted to end the game for the sake of ending the game. I actually wanted to play the game, and play it right. If someone was the subject of a glitch or a problem they shouldn't be held at fault because its just a game. When Rasputin couldn't show up and asked us to delay a week, I favored that because I felt if that was his wish it should be so. When Deity complained that he lost his production I asked what he wanted to do, and he agreed to play on. When I asked that we move back one tribe's turn to fix this problem, which was totally fixable, I was ignored by Rasputin who ordered SunTzu to play on.

So whatever, what's done is done, que sera sera. You guys picked a horrible replacement. SunTzu won't play the AL as good as I did. Peace.

One Love.
Old August 2, 2001, 22:35   #132
SunTzu
Prince

capo you cry to much.
Old August 2, 2001, 23:26   #133
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

"Well that it good news, Sun Tzu linage is to continue !!" said Bob Hawke putting the newspaper down.

"Sun Tzu? who is he Sire ?" asked his lovley concubine Brittney Spears.

"Oh many years ago the Sun Tzu family ruled Israel . But they were removed forcibly when the great Raz Dynasty began. We always suspected the ywpould rise again. First he takes over the Mongol clans and now I see he is heaidng west to Paris... I wonder if the Israeli blood in him will forge strong links with us again ??"
Old August 2, 2001, 23:42   #134
Prometheus
Warlord

Sorry guys my power went out.... I dont think it is going to be fixed anytime soon, though I will get on as soon as it is... I have abut 15 min left on this old laptop or I would play on it. Most likly next week though
Sorry
Old August 3, 2001, 00:25   #135
belinda9
Warlord

uhhhh
I hate to bring this up right now but
right now it looks like I can't make it next Thursday...I'll see what I can see and let you know for sure tomorrow but wanted to put that out there.
Old August 3, 2001, 02:11   #136
SunTzu
Prince

The Trek Westward
On the silk road heading west General SunTzu XXXXIV and his family, are heading for Paris to establish the new National Republic of Europe

Father why are we leaving Mongolia?
My brothers SunTzu Jian and SunTzu Xin are leading an uprising in Paris and wish me to come lead the uprising and establish the new National Republic of Europe
But what about Mongolia and Israel? Will they continue to fight against us onc we establish the new nation?
My uncle, SunTzu Ah Kam, who is the Israeli Leaders private political advisor, has sent me a letter telling me that Israel wishes to have a strong alliance with our newly established nation. Mongolia is another issue, maybe Israel and Mongolia's ties will strengthen our relations with Mongolia. Plus since i was the leading General for President Dangime, that will most likely carry weight
Its getting dark papa, should we pitch tent for tonight?
Sure Sanya, we'll pitch tent up on that hill. That should give us a good view of oncoming bandits or merchants

Later that night
Sunny, come here boy. Since your going to be my successor, i feel like i will tell you my immediate plans for the National Republic of Europe. The Adriatic League is in bad shape, with recent losses in the balkans and north america by Israel and Mali. First of all, if Israel and Mongolia are still hostile towards the new nation, i will have the National Army to strengthen the borders to defend against the invaders. My main objective is to turn the National Republic of Europe (NRE) into a economic powerhouse and then focus on military production. A NRE navy is a top military objective. When i was leading Mongolia, we recieved word that Mali forces conquered nearly all of Adriatic League territory in the Americas. That saddens me, since our presence in the Adriatic League is important. Well this is all you need to know Sunny, now get your ass to sleep, alright?
Old August 3, 2001, 02:35   #137
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 23:33
Re: Ugh, another twist of words agianst the AL... how original...
Quote:
Originally posted by The Capo
Raz is incorrect. Deity had purchased units while I was quitting out of the game as we do normally. I was never told not to quit out at this specific time and just did things as I normally would. During this time period Deity purchased units which should have been available to him. Somehow the game glitched so that although the proper shieldage was given to the production boxes, the units didn't come until one turn later. When asked what we should do about this, which was simply a delay in production (although a case could be made for a loss), Deity agreed to play onward.

I mysteriously lost nearly 1500 gold, which comprised my entire treasury. I wouldn't get it back the next turn, it wasn't coming back unlike Deity's units, which he DID recieve. I asked that we load up the last tribe's autosave before the money dissapeared and play from there, around a five to ten (if you want to stretch it) minute delay would have resulted. One would assume that a game in which the popular phrases are "The Greatest Diplogame" and "The Greatest Story Ever Told" would have much more concern of the quality of its continuation rather than mere speed.

EDIT..

The point is that we all get screwed by game glitches from time to time but the general consensus in most games I've been involved in is we play on unless the majority vote to go back.
We voted Capo; and the result was to play on!

When you quit DURING my productin cycle in that previous session you did so without warning or consideration.

Capo, no one is speeding up the game. We have unlimited timer for "Deity's" [read GOD] sake! We just voted to play on and NOT go back. I even offerred you 500 gold to play on but then you invent crap arguments about respect and stuff. What a lot of garbage. What a furfy! You don't respect us or the game you created.

You're out Capo. That's what you really wanted anyway. This game goes on without you. You act like a really spoilt kid. You must be so spoilt man. I should have trusted my first instincts when you so badly treated Nappy over that scenario set up. You were so unreasonable.

Enjoy life without playing Apolytoners... you are history.

WE are History of The World.

There is no way this game is gonna die...
Old August 3, 2001, 06:20   #138
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Inside the Smoking ruins of Venice Palace
"War is such a bad thing Paulie" said Private Abraham

"Yes it is Ab" replied recently promoted Corporal Paul. " So much misery and loss of life. All for this" he pointed around the smouldering old palace. "A whole civilisation gone, thousands of years of history wiped out. Amazing isnt it?"

"Yes Paulie it is, I ache all over from carrying this damn Machine Gun for weeks on end. Our march over the Alps was the most tiring. Do you think it will ever be over?"

"Who knows Ab, last time we rested down in Turkey we thought it was all over. But then the Death of Il Duce set off a new round of aggresion. Just when we were ready to go home, we ended up in Europe. I heard such wonderous stories of Europe, Venice was the place to go. Now look at it."

Newly promoted Seargent Deborah then walked up.

"Hey guys dont look so glum, we won!!" she said

"Won? Won what, a mess is what we won!" screamed Paul

"Hey we had to do this, the Adriatic League had to be taught a lesson. They murdered their own leader and then went totally berserk. They were a threat to our nation security."

"Yeah Deb, but did we have to come all the way here to stop them. The thousands upon thousands of dead line the railways back to Yugoslavia. "

"Ahh the Great Israeli European Rail lines. See what I mean with these Adriatic People, they were so busy building armies that they never finished building the raillines. It took Israeli engineers to do that." she said proudly " We now have raillines connecting us from Far East Asia , down to the tip of South Africa all the way to here, the newly formed province of Israel, Slovakia. Now not only Israeli trade, but world trade can be recieved and transported rapidly. "

"I am sure we could have done that without all the bloodshed Deb" Paulie said quietly.

"The Damn AL had to be taught a lesson"

"You have been listnening to too many speeches Deb. Youve changed"

"I have changed yes, I have grown up and faced reality. The world hates us Israelites. They have for centuries kept us containd in the mid east, but no longer. We now have good settlements on all continents "

"Except Australia Deb"

"Pardon"

"We dont have any settlements in Australia, we have Africa, Asia, America and Europe , but none down under."

"Well yes, but we have a presence nearby in the PAcific."

"Ahh yes the Solomon Islands, the last known sitings of old Rabbi Rasputin. I wonder if he still there?"

"I hope not, we have done so much better since he left. Bob Hawke has lead us well, to our new position, one where the world forms alliances agaisnt us to contain us. But we shall never again bow to others."

"oh Deb dont you too want peace, time toi settle down and raise a family?"

"Well of course Ab, and now is the time, peace is at hand. The Adriatic League have surrendered. Bob is awaiting the arrival of Sun Tzu's son to officially hand over the remains of Il Duces Empire. Then we can go home. Letting the people here rebuild and make this part of Israel as great as any other."

"But what of the Zulus, arent we at war with them still?"

"The Captain was telling me that Bob Hawke has asked for peace but they want all the Adriaitc League citys for themselves. But the Captian beleives once Sun Tzu's son is in power, peace with the Zulu will come. Especially as they have joined our friends the Chinese in an alliance, we have a strong NonAggression PAct with them, so hopefully Zulu will sign the same."

"So home by Hitlers Birthday then?"

"Yes home in time to celebrate Hitlers Birthday"
Old August 3, 2001, 08:25   #139
drake
King

Local Time: 07:33
Alright listen.......
Belinda can't be here next session and neither can I. AL will be ruled by a sub, as well as Mongolia, as neither sun or dangime can really claim to be permanent fixtures in the game just yet. For the good of the game I really think next week should be a week off. Too many subs is really not good for this game. At this turning point, I think it's crucial that everyones leaders be present.

I ask this, and I do so with extensive clout. Other than Deity, I am the only one who has been present for every session. This coming week, I have an event that has been planned for a long time and I have told you guys I won't be around this session atleast two or three weeks ago. After next week, I won't have any other commitments until perhaps Christmas time on my Thursday nights.

If we play off an autosave, like the one deity sent me, a lot of planning will have been lost as I had changed most city orders, rush built several things and disbanded several troops as well. Duplicating this would be close to impossible for any sub. The next 3 or 4 rounds will be some of the most important rounds that I have had ALL GAME, and I would like to be present for them. With belinda out as well, africa is totally up in the air. We all know that raz would take advantage of a sub or the ai, since he's proved that this is all he's obviously capable of doing.

I have been very understanding of everyones problems in the past and haven't asked the group of any favors. I'm asking one now. Let me know......

Post coming soon =)
Old August 3, 2001, 10:26   #140
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Re: Alright listen.......
Quote:
Originally posted by drake
Belinda can't be here next session and neither can I. AL will be ruled by a sub, as well as Mongolia, as neither sun or dangime can really claim to be permanent fixtures in the game just yet. For the good of the game I really think next week should be a week off. Too many subs is really not good for this game. At this turning point, I think it's crucial that everyones leaders be present.
Ok by me as long as its ok when I cant play on 31st August....
Quote:
I ask this, and I do so with extensive clout. Other than Deity, I am the only one who has been present for every session. This coming week, I have an event that has been planned for a long time and I have told you guys I won't be around this session atleast two or three weeks ago. After next week, I won't have any other commitments until perhaps Christmas time on my Thursday nights.
No more clout than some one like me who comes in to save this game when no one else would hav eplayed a civ with only 17 citys when next nearest had over 30!!1
Quote:
If we play off an autosave, like the one deity sent me, a lot of planning will have been lost as I had changed most city orders, rush built several things and disbanded several troops as well. Duplicating this would be close to impossible for any sub.
Not reaaly , just email the sub what you would do and why , but i see your point
Quote:
The next 3 or 4 rounds will be some of the most important rounds that I have had ALL GAME, and I would like to be present for them. With belinda out as well, africa is totally up in the air. We all know that raz would take advantage of a sub or the ai, since he's proved that this is all he's obviously capable of doing.
and i take complete offence at this. i hope you are joking. As i said above i took over a civ surrounded by enemies on al sides, i only had 17 citys compared to nearest rival of over 30. The AI hated me , THe Axis didnt even recognize me. I have taken the Israel civ and built them into a fighting machine. I am the only player since my joining the game over 2 months ago, to actually wage war against any human player. Drake obviously thinks I should have used my pitiful 17 city civ with no army and little techs, to take on bigger fish like his well equipped well teched 45 city civ. Perhaps in time that may occur, but I am deeply offended that you beleive all i am capable of is picking on minor players, when he hasnt lifted a finger against the leading player in the game Deity at all. I am sure that most of Drakes next few sessions will be targeted at me as he shows all he is capable of !!! As I said I feel very offended that you accuse me, the smallest civ of picking on weaker nations, when everyone i have attacked has been bigger and better teched than me.
Quote:
I have been very understanding of everyones problems in the past and haven't asked the group of any favors. I'm asking one now. Let me know......
i vote yes for the break as i want to be their when Drake show us all what he is made of and invades Australia.....
Old August 3, 2001, 11:02   #141
drake
King

Raz, sheesh man, relax

A little "raz"zing gets you all excited!

I am semi-serious in what I say. I know you're in a tough position and I do appreciate it. What you bring to the game is big, believe me. You are our most active poster and most imaginative, now that capos leaving, and I wouldnt want to play the game without you alright? I was just stating that all your attacks have been against the ai for the most part. Who of which we all know is not a worthy opponent, regardless of the nation.

If I was in a similar situation, I might be doing the same, I don't know. I'm just saying, you're taking the easy way out whenever possible. All's fair in love and war, i know. I'm not asking you to stop doing what you're doing. Do what you feel you gotta do. But I don't approve of your tactics and I am ready to call you on it, unlike some of the other players who are willing to turn their heads on just about anything. I'm trying to keep this a diplo game, where actions actually have consequences. Doesnt mean everyone feels the same. Doesnt mean I don't like you. Just means I think your civ style is very devious. Jula Kamma feels that way rather.

As far as attacking aussies? Why would I? Keating has been peaceful throughout time. He has helped me out a lot with trading and has always been courteous. Everything he has was earned. I have no qualms with Keating, he hasnt given me reason to. Though he may very well have something up his sleeve, the Zulus aren't in the business of attacking un-provoked. You on the other hand raz, have provoked the zulus. So please stop pulling the "I'm small, feel sorry for me"card. You're doing just fine. Sacking venice and bosporous, the keystones of the AL was a very serious attack. And now you expect me to just forget it? Maybe the rest of the world will, but no, I am sorry, but that is not what I am going to do.

I am going to be gone all week starting next tuesday raz. If we could try and reschedule I'd suggest that. But for next week it's not possible. You say you can't be around august 30? Ok, then lets try to work out a day that week when we can all play besides thursday (your friday morning). Perhaps a tuesday or wenesday night? I am flexible to play just about any regular weeknight with proper notice. Maybe we should find out if others are too.

Raz, honestly, I am allied to the AL......what did you expect me to do? And the taunts? Geez man, I'm just trying to stir things up a bit. Don't take it personally.
Old August 3, 2001, 11:03   #142
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Committee meeting Israel
"All those in favour of extending Bob's term of office for another 30 years say AYE"

Loud crys of AYE filled the room.

"All tohse against"

Silence

"Any abstentions?"

"Just me " said Bob

"Ok the AYES have it, well done Bob , you get to lead Israel for the next 30 years."

Loud cheers fill the room

Bob Hawke rose and moved to the central podium.

"Ladies and gentlemen, fellow people of Israel. Thankyou for your support. When we first stormed the temple and took control over all of Israel and you placed the leadership in my hands, I knew that I would have to do much to please you all. My recent military campaigns against the Adriatic League have netted Israel a greater power base from which to strike out on our next mission. I declare to you all know, that the next 30 years are going to be tougher than the past ones. We will hav emany hard decisions to make. There are many out there in the world who want to see us squashed, crushed under their feet. Well I say bring it on. Israel may fall , but at least we will fall fighting. Never again will we be pushed around by larger alliances demanding our land. We will fight to the very last drop of Israeli blood. We have asked the Zulu people for peace time and time again, and they refuse. They have made it clear they hate us and all we hold dear. There is no turning back from this point on. The Zulus have declared they will crush us out of existance. WE need every last man, woman and child to take arms and hold back the Zulu invasions. I have increased the military budget four fold. I have appointed our first Admiral as our navy takes shape for the first time in thousands of years. All provinces have upgraded thier defence posts from the tired old units to new freshly trained ones. Our Army is second to none in offencive war, we will soon learn how good we are in the trenches. But as my old mammie used to say, the best form of defnece is offence. I will call on our Ally the Mali to defend well their own territory, which will free up many resources for our provinces. I will be sending word to our ally the Mongols to aid us in our time of need as we willingly aided them in their crusade against the AL. I have our best negotiators in Paris right now, expecting the son of Sun Tzu to ascend to the throne and we will push for peace as a high priority. This will free up many more of our armed forces for the defence of our realm. I am personally going to visit the Chinese leadership to assure them that we will hold to our non aggresion pact, and ask they do the same. I am also petitioning the Australians our ally of old who kicked us out of the PAcific PAct, to move closer to us again and open up some of the doors closed agaisnt us. With all this, my fellow Israelis, we should be able to withstand the Zulu push. The 24 Divisions of Ralfitzers are currently being overhauled in readiness for any attacks that may come in the following 30 years.

But come what may, no one will evr be able to say we didnt know how to party. So here comes the drinks and food people, dig in and enjoy.... and for your listening enjoyment..... DJ Bobby is in the house..... starting off with one of my favourites 'Boney-M with Ra-Ra Rasputin' "
Old August 3, 2001, 11:21   #143
drake
King

BTW
Quote:
Drake obviously thinks I should have used my pitiful 17 city civ with no army and little techs, to take on bigger fish like his well equipped well teched 45 city civ.
Huh?! The zulus have had 36 cities for the last 500 years........

We're quite compact in comparison with the aussies and chinese.........

Upon investigation, before last session I was <b>5th</b> in the number of cities Raz. I am probably in 4th now, after your assault on AL, but playing this out like I'm Goliath picking on David is so bs.

I think everyone else knows that too.

Last edited by drake; August 3, 2001 at 11:35.
Old August 3, 2001, 11:34   #144
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Re: BTW
Quote:
Were quite compact in comparison with the aussies and chinese.........
ok i dont hav ethe facts at work , but i will check when i get home, i know the chinese and aussies have most with over 45 citys each.... I thought i recalled you having over 40 too, or was that AL after his mali war which got him 6 citys, not the 2 he claimed !!!
Old August 3, 2001, 11:37   #145
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Re: BTW
Quote:
We're quite compact in comparison with the aussies and chinese.........
oh and this is all you have to say after all my bleating and whining, even capo gets better repsonses than that
Old August 3, 2001, 11:55   #146
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Somewhere in the Iraqi desert
"... and what do you call this thing then Greg?" asked the Israeli research chief.
"I call it the Greg Bomb " replied head scientist Greg Nucke.
"ok ok, and it is reaaly a big bomb then ?"
"Yes , it splits atoms and starts...."
"It splits what???"
"Atoms. the tiny particles everything is made of. The chain reaction ...."
"umm are you sober man, what on earth are you talking about"
"My new thesis sir. I beleive I can split these atoms, thereby releasing vast amounts of energy."
"i see, so we would fire one of these Greg Bombs from one of our Ralfitzers then?"
"ummm well no sir, the bomb will be about 6 foot long, too big for the Ralfs. I am going to utilise Fred Roket's plans for the self propelled shell he showed you last year."
"The Freddies are real? I thought he was dreaming too when he talked to me on that matter"
"Sir they are not finalised yet, but soon. We have trialled one about 6 inches tall that lifted off and went right over our neighbours fence."
"hmmm 6 inches I see."
"Well the final one will be about 20 feet long sir. With one of my Gregs inside. This will make the Ralfs redundant sir"
"So let me get this straight, when you finish this research, you will make our mighty Ralfs redundant and you will get your Greg's mounted on the Freddies and that will win the war?"
"Yes sir!!"
"Cool keep up the good work"
Old August 3, 2001, 15:43   #147
belinda9
Warlord

I would also like to let y'all know I can play most any other weeknight with a little notice, if we thinking of rescheduling sometime. I really don't have prob with a sub if I have to be gone one week, either, but like Drake, I just think that with all that has gone on just now with these major upheavals that the next session will be rather important to the game and to have more than one civ under sub-leadership or AI would be bad....especially if they encompass a whole continent in what has become the "hot spot" of the world right now.
A week off right now, too might give everyone time to reassess what they do with all the recent changing of leadership

I would also like to make one small comment on the latest spate of "razzing" -- while it is true that a lot of what has transpired with the Israelis (and the Mail, too) has been against the AI, what the heck we supposed to do? AI has been all we had to deal with last two sessions!
Old August 3, 2001, 23:42   #148
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Hey I can play next week. :P
Old August 4, 2001, 00:22   #149
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

OOC - This weeks game
Well I change my vote from above.

I think every effort should be made to play this week. But only as long as we get human players for all Civs. If we miss out on any then we dont play. But if we can get a sub then the game should go on. I understand drakes & Belkindas thoughts and to alelviate some of the fear of drake if we do play, I hereby promise not to launch any attacks into Africa agaisnt the Zulu whilst Drake not here this week. Drake may not beleive this but I ama man of my word. Hopefully we can find two subs and we can play on , we have come so far.

So my vote is now play on but only with all humans, and any sub for Zulu must only act as per Drakes instructions, if no sub wants to follow that then again we wont play.

If the vote is to play on and let AI take over ( I hope not) just be warned that any attack whatsoever agaisnt my ALLY the mali will be met with action, I wont leave my AI ally to fend for itself.
Old August 4, 2001, 01:29   #150
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 23:33
Must wait till all key players are available!
I vote we wait a week until we get everyone on board.

The key players I reckon are:
Drake
deity
Prometheus
Raz (is now integral)

Sun, Belinda and Dangime are great subs/replacements and are rapidly becoming integral to the game! Thanks guys.

Let's see if these seven players can finish the game but I think Drake is being a bit pessimistric about it still going by Xmas!! LOL

Having said that I'm quite happy for the game to progress as slowly as everyone wishes with the unlimited timer.