Old July 18, 2001, 20:51   #1
Strobelski
Settler

Local Time: 03:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
International Politics and Diplomacy
I don't know if they are planning to include this, I know that they are planning an advanced trade and diplomacy system, but I really enjoyed the international legislation that was included in Alpha Centauri. Whether it is a global trade pact, economic sanctions on a civilization, or maybe something new like a Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty *Hint *Hint. That would be great. What made Alpha Centauri great was not just diplomacy between two nations but the interaction of all the players.

If this is suggestions to this idea?
Old July 18, 2001, 21:18   #2
TechWins
King

Local Time: 04:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
There was just a long thread about this, I think about three days or so. It was entitled something like 'United Nations' but it was something like that. You go check that thread out to get some info.
Old July 18, 2001, 23:04   #3
joseph1944

Re: International Politics and Diplomacy
Quote:
Originally posted by Strobelski
I don't know if they are planning to include this, I know that they are planning an advanced trade and diplomacy system, but I really enjoyed the international legislation that was included in Alpha Centauri. Whether it is a global trade pact, economic sanctions on a civilization, or maybe something new like a Nuclear Weapons Ban Treaty *Hint *Hint. That would be great. What made Alpha Centauri great was not just diplomacy between two nations but the interaction of all the players.

If this is suggestions to this idea?
I to agree with Tech.
I believe Firaxis has said, there will be very little coming over from SMAC to this game. But don't stop hoping.