Old July 19, 2001, 08:32   #1
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 11:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm not an abolitionist, but....
Slavery....

I'm running the Medmod, which I love (checks in the mail), but I really have a problem with slavery. Like, it happens too much.

Last night, I managed to take a small French town - size of 2. The nearest french town was a 4. I was importing troops as quick as I could, and the French were throwing their forces against me. By the time the dust had settled, my town was 8 and theirs was 7.

Really, there seems to be a violation of "conservation of mass" going - if a unit is built, the town population does not drop a point. But if that unit is taken (and by taken, I guess we are talking about total, abslolute surrender with no deaths) then the takers get one population increase. Something dosn't work out there - the population of the world is expanding through war.

What, are there only THREE horsemen of the Apocalipse?

Is there a way to reduce the slavery that goes on in a game? I love the fact that it exists, but its just getting overdone at this point.
Old July 19, 2001, 09:04   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 12:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
There are two obvious solutions as I see it.

1) Take the "VictoryEnslavement" line from every unit that has it. No unit killed in battle will be captured as a slave, and the population will stay balanced.

2) Add the line "BuildingRemovesAPop" to every unit, so that it reduces the city size when it is built. This is probably not the best solution, but it will stop population growth.