Old July 25, 2001, 20:36   #1
Col Bigspear
Warlord

Local Time: 11:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: Manchester, England. Im 1/2 Polish and proud of it!
Civ 3 Trailer, What a joke!
The civ 3 trailer is about 1.14 min long and of that 1.14 about 8 secs are game shots the rest is just Sid and Comments from Games magazines. I spent about an hour downloading it and thats all it is!. Oh and I must not forget the various artwork pics ????? pfhhh I want to see game shots.
Is the E3 download any better?

Oh and if you have the Civ 3 trailer pause it and move the scroll bar alon to half way. what is that thing within the city walls, its made of coils?. Looks like a tesla coil from Red Alert
I think its some kind of temple but at first I thought it was some kind of launch platform.

" I never thought something could both suck and blow at the same time" Bart Simpson
Old July 25, 2001, 21:40   #2
TechWins
King

Local Time: 04:49
Even with a 56K modem I was able to download in about 30-45 minutes. I thought it was kind of lame. I was hoping for something a lot better. I saved it but I don't feel like taking the time to watch that boring video again to comment on that strange object you speak of.

I've tried downloading the E3 video many times but they all have failed. I have WMP and I finally cancel the download after about an hour of the WMP stating 'connecting'. Should I wait longer for the video to connect? I don't think so but if does take longer I would be willing to wait. Another question is it worth it for me to take about 5 hours or however long it will take to download the E3 video?
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old July 26, 2001, 02:53   #3
Alex 14
Prince

Local Time: 21:49
Is it the actuall official CIv 3 trailer, is it??
Old July 26, 2001, 03:24   #4
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 13:49
i think it was me who downloaded it first. i warned you people not to spend precious time downloading that lame 'trailer'....
'i told ya!' syndrome
Old July 26, 2001, 03:35   #5
Zanzin
Prince

Local Time: 21:49
Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins

I've tried downloading the E3 video many times but they all have failed. I have WMP and I finally cancel the download after about an hour of the WMP stating 'connecting'. Should I wait longer for the video to connect? I don't think so but if does take longer I would be willing to wait. Another question is it worth it for me to take about 5 hours or however long it will take to download the E3 video?
the E3 video, whilst going for 11 mins, really isn't all that spectactular. The resolution is so low that you really can't make out much of anything (if anything, it makes the crummy graphics we've seen in the official screenshots so blurry that you could be confused into thinking they were half way acceptable graphics).
There isn't any footage from the modern age or anything cool like that...basically I wouldn't waste my time downloading it again. Its nothing new and nothing really all that ground breaking.
Old July 26, 2001, 04:30   #6
TechWins
King

Local Time: 04:49
Quote:
i think it was me who downloaded it first. i warned you people not to spend precious time downloading that lame 'trailer'....
I don't know if you were the first one to download the trailer but you were the first one to warn people about it. I think I downloaded about 2 weeks after you posted that. I had nothing better to do (summer vacation & very hot here 110 d. f.) so I downloaded it.

Thanks Zanzin, I won't try to download it anymore.

Quote:
Is it the actuall official CIv 3 trailer, is it??
I don't think it's the official Civ3 trailor but it is a Civ3 trailor. It might be the official one but I don't think so. The official one prob. won't come out until around a month before release time, I would imagine.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old July 26, 2001, 04:34   #7
LaRusso
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins

I don't know if you were the first one to download the trailer but you were the first one to warn people about it. I think I downloaded about 2 weeks after you posted that. I had nothing better to do (summer vacation & very hot here 110 d. f.) so I downloaded it.
oh no probs i think i got carried away with the fact that here we usually pay quite a bit for internet access. as i understand, local calls are free in the us, so who cares if it's 11 MB
Old July 26, 2001, 04:47   #8
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

it's not a trailer, it's just a video that infogrames was playing before the presentations at e3
Old July 26, 2001, 07:31   #9
campmajor!
Prince

Local Time: 12:49
Why is it called civ3 trailer then?