Old July 30, 2001, 09:12   #1
rayman75
Settler

Local Time: 19:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Alexander scenario- can't build diplomats!
hi Civs,

If dun know if anybody noticed, but the Alexander scenario that came with CTP2 do not allow the Bureacracy advance to be research despite all the prerequisites already in hand. Because of that the diplomat unit can't be build and the diplomatic options are very limited. I couldn't negotiate any military pact nor make alliances thus making it a conquar all scenario...by brute force of course.
Anybody can explain it or hav i done something truly wrong?
The only advances available for research are theocracy, feudalism, hull making and alchemy which i believed are limited to prevent modern stuff from appearing in that time period. But no bureaucracy!!???

Regards,
RKS
Old July 30, 2001, 18:52   #2
vanaheim
Settler

Local Time: 12:56
I didnt really miss diplomats when i played Alexander the Great. its about conquer you know.. You should keep the Greek alliance happy for a while tough.. The scenario has some build in diplomacy like the indians want you to marry the kings daughter and the Egyptians did join my side when i captured Giza.

maybe thats the intention og the scenario, that there should be very limited diplomacy. The point of the scenario is gone if you succeed to make peace with Persia, isnt it?
Old July 31, 2001, 10:14   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

The banned advances are banking, gunpowder, printing press, agricultural revolution, classical education and yes, beaurocracy. I think vanaheim is probably right, Activision intended that you shouldn't be able to make peace with Persia.
Old July 31, 2001, 11:02   #4
rayman75
Settler

Local Time: 19:56
hmm... i thought the intention was to ally with the corithan leagues and perhaps the greeks but u guys may be right, i suppose to be a conquer only scenario...which happen to be the straight forward and easiest!
I have not complete the game yet( left Greeks and Corithan) but wonder how is Alexander suppose to get married and get the heir??!! Then born a child etc, to get max points! Is overrunning the last two nations gonna trigger some events?
Old July 31, 2001, 11:49   #5
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Should do... There is a wife in Persia, I think you have to conquer a city to capture Darius' wife. There should be a wife once you take the capital of India (or the Magad-whatever civ in South India) and I think the third possible wife is in Egypt maybe...
If you can figure out the SLIC, its not too hard to read the basic stuff, then you can find the wife triggers quite easily, and see where and when they fire.