Prince

Local Time: 12:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sounds cool...

Natural disasters?
Old September 29, 2001, 14:22   #152
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 13:58
Actual there is something missing GoodMod and some other slic that I made in the last days. I just send you my most recents files of GoodMod the slic.

-Martin
Old October 2, 2001, 13:12   #153
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hexagonian

Bluevoss,

Try this - I believe this will make a difference. I pulled these settings from MM_Diffdb.txt from the section 'Very Hard'. I do not know if you are using that level or Impossible, but the numbers below are the settings for the AI in terms of bonuses.

# % amount to multiply advance cost by per age for ai
AI_MIN_BEHIND_TECHNOLOGY_COST 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
AI_MAX_BEHIND_TECHNOLOGY_COST 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.4

# % amount to multiply production cost by per age for ai
AI_MIN_BEHIND_PRODUCTION_COST_ADJUSTMENT 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
AI_MAX_BEHIND_PRODUCTION_COST_ADJUSTMENT 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.4

# multiplier for gold collected for ai
AI_MIN_BEHIND_GOLD_ADJUSTMENT 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
AI_MAX_BEHIND_GOLD_ADJUSTMENT 1.4 1.4 1.4 1.4 1.4

# % amount to multiply advance cost by per age for ai
AI_MIN_AHEAD_TECHNOLOGY_COST 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
AI_MAX_AHEAD_TECHNOLOGY_COST 1.1 1.1 1.1 1.1 1.1

# % amount to multiply production cost by per age for ai
AI_MIN_AHEAD_PRODUCTION_COST_ADJUSTMENT 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
AI_MAX_AHEAD_PRODUCTION_COST_ADJUSTMENT 1.1 1.1 1.1 1.1 1.1

# multiplier for gold collected fo ai
AI_MIN_AHEAD_GOLD_ADJUSTMENT 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
AI_MAX_AHEAD_GOLD_ADJUSTMENT 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.9
Hex I have a question to these multipliers. In the default game we have for every age one, but in all mayor mods we have more ages than multiplyers. Now my question is the multiplyer for age five used for age six, if there is no multiplier or is no multiplyer used for ages above five meaning the AI has to pay the full (human) prize for techs, production,.....?

-Martin
Old October 2, 2001, 14:29   #154
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 06:58
I recently tried plugging in additional numbers in my setup, but the game would crash. So I do not know what numbers are used if this is tied into the number of ages. It may be that additional ages will default to what the human has (a 1.0/1.0 ratio) If so, this is bad news (but fixable in that we now know that a Mod can only have five ages). It would require reformatting the Age setup for all of the Mods (Cradle currently has 10, I believe - whatever it was in CityMod2).

I certainly hope that when the AI reaches the last number, it doesn't simply shut down....

Another possibility is that the different numbers correspond to the way the years are determined in Diffdb.txt., but those are either broken out to 5 or 6 sections

TIME_SCALE {
START_YEAR -7000
NUM_PERIODS 6
PERIOD {
START_TURN 0
YEARS_PER_TURN 25
}
PERIOD {
START_TURN 160
YEARS_PER_TURN 20
}
PERIOD {
START_TURN 250
YEARS_PER_TURN 10
}
PERIOD {
START_TURN 400
YEARS_PER_TURN 5
}
PERIOD {
START_TURN 500
YEARS_PER_TURN 3
}
PERIOD {
START_TURN 600
YEARS_PER_TURN 2
}

The problem is that I do not know how/when these numbers are being used. Based on the cheat mode, the raw numbers are very weak, but this is not reflected in the Power Graph readings. I am sure that they are being used though.
Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
...aisdhieort...dticcok...
Old October 3, 2001, 23:15   #155
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:58
I never could figure out exactly how the ages worked in the game. I learned early on that you could not add more ages to the AI cheats in the diffdb, yet you could add them to the ages text.
My best guess is that the ages defined in the diffdb refer to hardcoded turn numbers in the exe, while the ages defined in the ages text are just for changing the city styles (as well as giving you the gratifying messages.) Of course, I could be wrong.

The main things hamstringing the AIs after the Medieval age are their refusal to disband old units in favor of new ones, and their poor use of available trade routes, which gets them in financial trouble. Not building commerce TIs also hurts, as well as other things, I am sure.

Still, you would think the AIs would still be able to keep up given their large cheats. I don't think it would be too hard to plug in the original ages text and see if it made a difference to the game. You could do this for saved games, and compare values for the AIs with the MM2 vs. the original file.
Old October 4, 2001, 11:58   #156
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WesW
Not building commerce TIs also hurts, as well as other things, I am sure.
Here is a sollution for this problem Commerce Improvements for AIs for MedPack2.

-Martin

Edit: I forgot if your are playing MedPack2 with the latest version of GoodMod you don't need this file. It is allready a part of GoodMod for MedPack2.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip mm2_comimpsforais2.zip (2.4 KB, 8 views)
Old October 4, 2001, 18:58   #157
Cube
Warlord

Local Time: 04:58
Wes,

For the unit problem, you could try using Peter Trigg's unit updater slic. I got it from craddle, but i think the update cost for the human are too high.

About units I think the AI keeps too few of them in their cities. I remember in the original game the English had 12 units in almost all of their cities , and they were up to date. They had about 200 or so units, and if the mods were out then, they would have whooped me even though I had 100 units. Now AI's keep at most 6 units in their cities. You need to add more agressive civs, I have played at least 5 games, and I have only gotten few agressive civs.

The Gold problems for the AI's can be solved by getting rid of the -1 gold per citizen line from the granary and food silo. I usually avoided building food silos until I got rid of this line, and gave them upkeeps. In my current game 2100 something, most of the broke AI's went from negative gold to slight surpluses, after I changed this.

Happiness is also a problem. I think the Theater shouldn't go obsolete. I have also never seen one of the AI's build advanced happiness buildings like Stadiums, Movie Theaters, or VR amusement parks, even though they can build them. You could get player1's happiness changes for strategies.txt.
Old October 22, 2001, 11:40   #158
penny
Settler

Local Time: 11:58
Modswap instaltion problems
i just downloaded medmod II v1.1 (oh well, the latest) and the installment went fine to i startade installning modswap. I downloaded, unziped and clicked on setup and it complains on registry damaged or something like that, but my registry is fine.
i use win95 and here are some errorreports.

--------
NOTE: Beginning of the bootstrapper section

CONFIG: Title: "CTP2 Modswapper 1.12"

ACTION: TempFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SETUP1.EXE"
(File was not found or was an older version -- new file copied)

ACTION: RegKey: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion", "SharedDLLs"

*** ERROR: Failure writing to the system registry. The registry may be corrupt, or you may not have the required permissions to write to the registry.
*** ERROR: (User Responded with 'OK')
*** DURING THIS ACTION: SharedFile: "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VB5StKit.dll"
---

any tips how to solve it?
Old October 25, 2001, 09:30   #159
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 12:58
Were you running any other programs while you were installing Modswapper? If you were, try it again with no other programs running.

Or perhaps it's a Win95 problem? Has anyone else been able to install Modswapper on Win95? I don't have Win95, so I can't try that myself. It works fine for me on Win98.