Old July 31, 2001, 14:15   #1
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 13:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Will I be abel to buy LE in Sweden, or do I have to order it from the US?
As the subject says, I'm a great fan that want to buy the limited edition. However I don't know if it will be possible to buy where I usually buy games. If it is a limited edition, it might be limited just to the US, and that would be a really bad thing.

I hope that my reseller will get it for me as they promise to do if they don’t have a game you want if it isn’t exported to Sweden. Otherwise, I’ll have to try to get it for online shops.
Old July 31, 2001, 14:49   #2
Buck Birdseed
Emperor

Local Time: 11:59
Same here, except it might be Britain instead depending on when exactly it's released.

P.S. In the last news item, is it just me who thought "Le Issue" was an attempt to sound french?
Old July 31, 2001, 15:09   #3
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 07:59
It did sound french to me.

Fortunately, I'm in the U.S., so I shouldn't have to worry about finding the Limited Edition.
Old July 31, 2001, 17:14   #4
tniem
King

Local Time: 06:59
My main worry is that it takes too long for games to ship when you preorder. (Yeah well a couple of days is going to seem like a long time when I want to be playing Civ III) So if I want the LE the day it comes out will it be available at most of my local gaming outlets?

I sure hope so.
Old July 31, 2001, 18:50   #5
Footie Mad
Prince

Local Time: 12:59
I will never preorder a game again! There is always a chance that it will be delayed in shipping and im guessing since you preordered it you want it BAD. I did this with Tiberian Sun ( great game btw ) and then I was told it was not posted to me in time and all kinds of crap, the feeling of walking in a store with it on the shelf knowing that you want it so bad but still cant get it because you already "have" it is awful! If I really want a game that bad I will camp outside the store on the day of the release or something, saves me the frustration.
It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars
Old August 1, 2001, 00:39   #6
marcuspeddle
Iron CiversCivilization IV PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 20:59
How limited is the limited edition?
I wonder how limited the limited edition will be. Will it be limited in the number of countries it's being released to (as above)? Will there just be a few made? I would like to hold off buying Civ3 until I can read some comments about it here at Apolyton but by the time I feel like buying it the limited edition might be all bought up. I'd like to have it if only for the tin box and maybe a great map. And the manual? I wonder if Firaxis' comments mean that only the LE will have a paper manual and the regular version of the game will have a manual in PDF format.
Old August 1, 2001, 09:31   #7
Jarouik
Warlord

Local Time: 13:59
I would like to see the limited edition to be not limited at all, but rather just a collector's edition with fancy packaging and extras, available side by side with the 'ordinary' Civilization III box wherever it is sold... Civ being a game with a huge fan base, I think this could bring Firaxis lots of extra profit, and I will definitely buy the more expensive edition if it is available in Finland alongside with the standard edition.