Old August 1, 2001, 16:36   #1
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 09:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
No CD hacks
i know that such a thing exists because sombody was talking about it before, and i've been to the site, but i kinda got lost. where specifically do you get the hack? (what do you click on to get there, which patch is it etc) any help would be great.
Old August 2, 2001, 01:18   #2
Ken Hinds
Prince

Local Time: 07:00
I don't know about the Crossfire version, but for Regular SMAC and the 4.0 patch you don't need a CD Hack. Just do a complete install and you will never need the CD to play the game. In fact after the 4.0 patch is installed the pop-up box for the CD doesn't even appear. You go straight to the opening movie.

Ken
Old August 2, 2001, 02:25   #3
Kirnwaffen
Warlord

Local Time: 06:00
To play Crossfire with no CD, you need the hack from http://www.gamecopyworld.com .
1. At the first site, select whichever link works, then go past their disclaimer.

2. At the site, under PC games, their is a link to the PC games index. Click on it.

3. In the index, Alien Crossfire is listed separately from Alpha Centauri. Click on the link.

4. You should see a small list of patches. Click on the link to the version 2.0[English]FIXED patch. This takes you to another box on the same page.

5. At the top of the box, there is a disk icon. This is the link to the download site. Click on it.

6. At the download site, click on whichever link works.

That's it. Sorry for the list of instructions, but there is no direct link to anything inside the site.
Old August 2, 2001, 07:27   #4
Black Sunrise
Prince

Local Time: 12:00
Thank you very much.
My computer (in)consistantly hangs when I start AC, and I think it has to do with cd access in the beginning.
Maybe this'll fix it!
Indra
Old August 2, 2001, 10:08   #5
Darius
Prince

Local Time: 07:00
I use the No CD hack (strictly for convenience, since I play on two machines at home and one at work and I don't want to lug the disk around).

Be aware, however, that someone has recently made the claim that he experiences crashes due to the interceptor scramble bug MUCH more often with the hack than without it.

Darius