Old August 2, 2001, 15:43   #31
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 08:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Some corrections on myself (don't have time to find errors on others)

Former Usernames: (none known)
Famous DL's: (none known) Had 'Arther Dent' as a DL and invited Apolytoners to guess who was behind the DL
Age Group: 16-18 21, actually
Nationality: Muslim (The Nation of Islam) ACK! NOI?! Even when I considered myself a Muslim, I hated the NOI. Now, I call myself a Deist, which is what I've always really been.
Lives: New York, America Toms River, NJ, USA or New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Had/Has A Website: ?
Contribution to Apolyton: Civ III OT
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old August 2, 2001, 15:44   #32
Colon™
Emperor

Local Time: 14:02
Stefu, do you mind if I add to your addendum?

"43. Colon is Belgian. (Californian, geez.) He's also an economist who doesn't like Alan Greenspan very much."

I'm an amateur economist at most, and I have no do particularily dislike of Greenpsan himself, rather his policies.

"37. AFAIK Sten Sture is Swedish."

Sten is of Swedish descend, true, but he's American and lives in San Francisco.
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old August 2, 2001, 15:45   #33
tniem
King

Local Time: 07:02
Impressive work as always DarkCloud. Great list!

As well as the corrections from Stefu, what you know is amazing.

Finally, just a quick check I made is that number 90 is missing and that numbers 69 to 61 are printed twice. Make those couple changes and of course all corrections and then this list is absolutely freaking amazing.
Old August 2, 2001, 15:56   #34
Colon™
Emperor

Chris, I can understand perfectly you correct DC, but that doesn’t mean have to start *****ing like that. Judging from your reaction you seem to think he spend hours on making a list of a 100 people for no other reason than insulting you.

Please have some understanding, would you?
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old August 2, 2001, 16:31   #35
Jay Bee
staff
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame

Nice work Nube Oscura. It needs some more work as there are quite a few mistakes. Anyway, with regard to myself here is a bunch of corrections:

46. Jay Bee
Former Usernames: (none known) Sable and another one I will not disclose
Famous DL's?: (none known) none unknown too
Real Name: Jay? Nope. That's my 'abbreviated name'. You're not much into the scenario world, are you?
Age Group: ? older than Giant Squid, younger than Ming
Nationality: Spain? For the time being, yes .
Lives: California Yep
Had/Has A Website: The Spanish Civilization II site Also the Civilization Scenario Collection, another ACS hosted site
Contribution to Apolyton: Spanish Civ II, Civ III, Civ II. No Civ III

Description:
He was the 4th person on the Apolyton boards
I do not know if I was the third, the fourth or the fifth but it's true that I can't think of anybody around who registered before me (MarkG and DanQ excepted, of course)

and is currently the webmaster of the Spanish Civilization II site and moderator of the Spanish Civilization II sites' forums.

Correct

He has contributed much to Apolyton in the Civ II

True particularly the ethical approach to the game (my code of honor became famous in the pre-MGE times) and the scenario design area

and III sections,

Nope. I have never ever posted to the CivIII forum. I won't care about CivIII until I have the box in my hands

and currently lurks in the Apolyton section of the site and in the Spanish Civ II section giving spanish lessons to Chris 62 and others.

and the SLeague forum. Used to be a OT regular when there were two OTFs. Nice chats with Dominikosnikosnikos. After the two forums merged I got a bit tired and quit. I visit from time to time though, and post primarily in the soccer threads.

PS. I had absolutely nothing to do with the post count reduction you mentioned under St Leo's entry. I'm just a mod. With regards to PCRs I am powerless.

Last edited by Jay Bee; August 2, 2001 at 16:37.
Old August 2, 2001, 16:49   #36
Seeker
Emperor

European?? Since when?

Egads man didn't you look at our profiles?
Old August 2, 2001, 17:34   #37
History049
Emperor

Local Time: 12:02

The person could be using his great memory to be doing more useful things, but this is still interesting

Pretty accurate about me except I was never banned, and a note is I was the first person to get enough posts to qualify for "Emperor".
Old August 2, 2001, 19:12   #38
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Not Cool.

Give him a break, Chris 62. He is doing something which is pretty cool for these forums. Do not automatically assume that mistakes he made were made to insult. Other people who he has made mistakes about have not reacted as you have. You should not be so hostile.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old August 2, 2001, 19:28   #39
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Nice list DarkCloud! You always come up w/ some entertaining stuff. I live in Oregon btw, not Washington. Also, 'The Apolytoner's House' was my project but it could also be just as easily listed in about 30 other posters bios. I sure as heck couldn't have done it alone...

Stefu, my wife's cousin really wants to meet a nice fella like you. She's been waiting all her life for her husband to be...

(Stefu was right on, the gals in our family in the Phils are always bugging us for pen pals, and so we try to oblige)
Old August 2, 2001, 19:54   #40
Chris 62
Spanish CiversCivilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Colon
Chris, I can understand perfectly you correct DC, but that doesn’t mean have to start *****ing like that. Judging from your reaction you seem to think he spend hours on making a list of a 100 people for no other reason than insulting you.

Please have some understanding, would you?
I understand when some one calls me a liar, all my civility ends.

If he had simply gotten some facts wrong, that would be that.

However, words like "claims" and "spammed the forums" to me are a GIANT F*CK YOU in my face.

You draw the answer you deserve.
Old August 2, 2001, 19:59   #41
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

And even more corrections...
Don't mind the grouches DarkCloud, they're just jealous. Of what, I don't know, but they are, I'm sure.

JohnT
Former Titles: Apolyton Librarian
Age Group: 34
Nationality: USA! USA! USA!
Lives: Knoxville, TN
Registered: I registered the same day that TNapolean registered: 3-17-1999.
Had/Has A Website: Nope.
Contribution to Apolyton: I started out in the OT and remained an OTer. Except for my stint as "librarian" I've contributed little to this site other than wasted space on the server.
Old August 2, 2001, 19:59   #42
Chris 62
Emperor

That's right, insuling me for no reason is not cool.
See my above post.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shi Huangdi

Give him a break, Chris 62. He is doing something which is pretty cool for these forums. Do not automatically assume that mistakes he made were made to insult. Other people who he has made mistakes about have not reacted as you have. You should not be so hostile.
The only "break" I want to give is to bust him one on the jaw.

And I'll remind you all, I barely know this guy, yet he saw fit to call me a liar, and then compound it by saying I spammed up the forums.

The only thing he deserves from me is contempt.
Old August 2, 2001, 20:01   #43
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Well BD, not everyone got the reation Chris got. Personally I think that was an error that should be corrected w/ a little humility and facing the mistake. Chris was understandable when he blew his cool, and hopefully will cool down soon.

I think this is something that should be easily cleared up considering the maturity level of the people involved, yes?
Old August 2, 2001, 20:01   #44
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 13:02
I claim to be 16.
I haven't proved it. Ergo its still a claim.

Just because DarkCloud didn't do in-depth research on all 100 posters doesn't mean he was slandering you. Sure, he could have asked MtG, but how was he to know who to ask.

Just because it is a claim does not mean it is not the truth.
Old August 2, 2001, 20:03   #45
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Well I am impressed, that looks like a lot of effort, but try and update some of the details when people correct you. This could remain an ongoing effort to get facts. Actually I noticed you didn't mention anything for Chegitz, who is quite a prominent member of the OT community, and Secretary-General of the Apolyton Communist Party

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old August 2, 2001, 20:27   #46
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Now that I'm through laughing at Rah's profile, here are the changes on mine.

You printed:
01. Ming
Famous DL's: (none known)
Age Group: 30-60
Nationality: American
Lives: Chicago, Illinois, America
Contribution to Apolyton: Civ III, OT Moderation

The truth
01. Ming
Former Usernames: (none)
Age Group: 47 in October
Nationality: American (While I'm an American, it depends on what you mean. Like rah, I'm german/italian/irish
Lives: Chicago, Illinois, America
Registered: Registered originally at the Original Greek Site... and just continued at Apolyton when the merger occured.
Had/Has A Website: NO
Contribution to Apolyton: Put together the list of Cheats for the Official Civ III List, OT and Civ Forums Moderator, and First person to make Deity

As far as the rest, almost on track. But I am not semi retired as a moderator. I'm still as active as usual, and deserve the title I have. I just now have more help
Old August 2, 2001, 20:33   #47
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
Former Usernames: (none)
Fair enough...
but what is this...
Quote:
The Great Ming, moderator of all that is good and proper, not denying the possibility of a famous DL? wow.

(Yeah, it could have been a careless thing left in from DarkCloud's post, but why waste this opportunity )
Old August 2, 2001, 20:37   #48
Colon™
Emperor

Chris, I searched for the word "liar" on this page, on the only results I got was in Stefu’s post and yours.
Something that might resemble it is “he claims to have served in the army for 3-5 years.” which rather indicates his uncertainty than anything else. (and it wasn’t far off mark either)
And regarding his “spammer” comment, remember that there’s no good definition for the word “spam”. Some people consider all short or silly posts to be spam, so you can’t tell whether he was trying to be degrading.

There were a 100 people on that list and half of them have info that's wrong, (he said I accomplished much here for chrissake) so at the very least you shouldn't take this so personal.
Old August 2, 2001, 20:45   #49
Chris 62
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Colon
Chris, I searched for the word "liar" on this page, on the only results I got was in Stefu’s post and yours.
Something that might resemble it is “he claims to have served in the army for 3-5 years.” which rather indicates his uncertainty than anything else. (and it wasn’t far off mark either)
And regarding his “spammer” comment, remember that there’s no good definition for the word “spam”. Some people consider all short or silly posts to be spam, so you can’t tell whether he was trying to be degrading.

There were a 100 people on that list and half of them have info that's wrong, (he said I accomplished much here for chrissake) so at the very least you shouldn't take this so personal.
In my world, I don't make comments about people I don't know.

Add to it, he reprinted my bio directly under his insulting remarks.

No sir, that is a personal attack, and it got the answer it deserved.
Old August 2, 2001, 20:46   #50
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
I commend you...what do the numbers in parenthesis mean?
Thank you SuperSneak, the numbers were a left over from my counting of the On-Topic post changes.

Quote:
How did you come to your ranking conclusions, etc?
The rankings were done from an old #of posts article... Some positions have changed and TheBirdMan and others have supplanted some members on the top 100 #of posters.

Quote:
I sense a future statistician or historian in our midst...you've got a real talent.
Thank you. I remember many historical facts very easily.

I'll get to the others later, I'll answer them offline and post them later, thank you for the many comments

-NubeOscura

PS: I did scan the messages and I apologize if some things were wrong. Mostly I just posted what I remembered about people, sometimes it wasnt right, sometimes it was what other people said about them.

And one or two were a joke... This brings to mind- seach for CivNation in the above posts

Sometimes I looked at old threads... But I didn't have time to do that often.
Old August 2, 2001, 20:53   #51
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Chris- I'll answer the other stuff you wrote later... but

"claims to"- this meant that I was not sure you served in the army.

How do I know what you do in real life?
How do you know what I do in real life?

I didn't mean to insult you.
I believe I put "claims to" for a few other people, such as Starchild, because I know people said stuff about him and he said things that may have been just 'jokes'.

Frankly, until you said you were over 30 I never knew you were, someone said you were under 20. Thus, I was not sure if you really could have served in the army- sometimes people who are just 'joking' make up lies and then contradict themselves (AKA Civnation)

I apologize if I insulted you in that way.
Old August 2, 2001, 21:03   #52
Colon™
Emperor

it's a nice list really but...
Hey DC, what's this thanks towards me anyway? What did I do to help you in accomplishing these shambles of factual errors?
Old August 2, 2001, 21:35   #53
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 05:02
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud

The rankings were done from an old #of posts article... Some positions have changed and TheBirdMan and others have supplanted some members on the top 100 #of posters.

Ya I got supplanted.
Old August 2, 2001, 21:43   #54
DanQ
lifer
C4WDG Team ApolytonApolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Wow, this is quite an impressive list! I just thought I would take the opportunity to clarify a few points in my listing (#29):

<U>Nationality</U>: Canadian
<U>Lives</U>: Canada
<U>Registered</U>: 2nd To Register

I enjoyed reading my dossier (description ). I hope that you keep this list up to date, DarkCloud -- I'm certain it was a massive undertaking.

----------------
Dan; Apolyton CS
Old August 2, 2001, 21:47   #55
Caesar the Great
Emperor

Mleonard
Age Group: 16
Nationality: ?
Lives: America
Contribution to Apolyton: Besides being a moderator, not too much, he hasn't been posting much on the forums recently.

Description:
Again, he is a OTF moderator, not exactly sure whos leg he had to hump to get that position..... he is a real lover of music, both playing and listening, he knows how to play instruments that I didn't even know existed. A really nice guy, although he does have his share of problems which are relatively standard for guys his age.
Old August 3, 2001, 00:32   #56
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:02
DC,

1. I bumped the age FAQ, since it is the best source of ages.

2. I recommend listing brithdates vice ages in your list (doesn't become superceded.

3. I have taked two several-month voluntary bannings. Outside of these times I've been a very frequent poster (to explain the sudden jump in # of posts.) I'm primarily an OT guy.
Old August 3, 2001, 01:41   #57
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 22:02
WHY do you do it DarkCloud?
Quote:
Originally posted by SuperSneak

that is an amazing and prodigious amount of work.
No its not - its mental

And entry is wrong in 3 ways - but I'm not telling ya how

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old August 3, 2001, 02:06   #58
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:02
Hey Cav, why are you using Eli's avatar? It's confusing if you two have the same thing. I see that tin and I think Eli...
Old August 3, 2001, 02:38   #59
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

it's Giannopoulos!!!

keep it up DC
Old August 3, 2001, 05:49   #60
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 22:02
100. Rasputin Actually much higher now
Former Usernames: (none known) Originally Rasputin00, no big deal
Former Titles: (none known)
Famous DL's?: (none known)
Age Group: ? 35
Nationality: ? English
Lives: ? Australia
Had/Has A Website: ? Yes , but not for myself
Contribution to Apolyton: Spam. Civ II/III sections. MP Diplomacy skills !! and one of the few to beat Eyes of Night

Description:
Rasputin's past history is not well known. came to apolyton from THE ZONE in May 1999 looking for players of Civ 2 MPGE. Found a bunch of Aussies in Civ 2 MP section and stayed.However Rasputin is currently spamming the Civ II and III sections with useful and useless ideas. Spam is in hte eye of the beholder
He also posts heavily in the Off-Topic and Apolyton/Community sections. I wouldnt say i post heavily in Off-Topic , I rarely go there unless I completely bored
To "Pull a Rasputin" is to make 200 posts in one day or 1000 posts in a month even after a 300 PCR. Unjustified PCR too

He is a fairly humorous poster. Very Humourous
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71