Old August 4, 2001, 04:06   #1
Ralf
King

Local Time: 13:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A feature that could enhance fun scenario-building
OK, lets say that you want to create a Roman expansion scenario that starts out 200-300 years BC.

Now, in Civ-2 one could only create a start-up situation, and perhaps add some scripts and triggers as well. That was about as much control you had. You (as a scenario-builder) couldnt control exactly where, and in what directions the AI-empires should found their cities & expand their empires, and exactly what the AI-empires should build/prioritize in their cities. I miss that.

Some means to pin-point potential (and ideal) AI city-locations all over the scenario-map, thus relieving the AI from the burden of trying to calculate that during the game. The AI scenario-cities can then ONLY found cities on those pre-edited spots, invisible for the human player.

Also, some means of "spoon-feed" the AI-civs, as much as resonably possible, with exact build & prioritize instructions in advance. Some kind of "blind-read" scenario-builder instructions that the AI-civs can follow, as long as the unknown factor (the human player) doesnt interfere.

Some means of globally disallowing worker- and/or settler-units in some truncated-in-time scenarios (WW & WW2 scenarios, for example).

Finally, some exact means of enforcing which scenario AI-civs is allowed to go to war against each other, and which AI-civs that ISNT allowed to go to war/be attacked by other AI-civs - the latter; at least as long as they dont choose to join war-alliancies with human player.

In short: More scenario-building CONTROL.
Old August 4, 2001, 04:51   #2
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:05
These are all really good ideas. It would add a lot more depth to scenario building. That is to say if they don't exlcude scenarios from the game. To make it as an expansion. Which would really suck. Altough, I'm not a big fan of scenarios I feel that if they don't include scenarios in the game there's a chance that they might not include MP. I don't think it's going to happen but it's still a realm of possibility.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 4, 2001, 12:58   #3
tniem
King

Local Time: 07:05
Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins
These are all really good ideas. It would add a lot more depth to scenario building. That is to say if they don't exlcude scenarios from the game. To make it as an expansion. Which would really suck. Altough, I'm not a big fan of scenarios I feel that if they don't include scenarios in the game there's a chance that they might not include MP. I don't think it's going to happen but it's still a realm of possibility.
What Ralf is talking about is giving more flexibility for us to build scenarios not the ones that they include. They will include scenarios and mp but I could care less. The best scenarios are going to be the ones I find on this site.
Old August 5, 2001, 04:14   #4
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:05
Quote:
What Ralf is talking about is giving more flexibility for us to build scenarios not the ones that they include.
Yeah, I know what he's talking about. I think if they include a scenario editor they will probably include some pre-made scenarios. Same thing goes with the map editor, if they include it some pre-made maps will come along with it. That's my opinion.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.