Old August 7, 2001, 11:24   #1
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 05:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Winning AI Strategy
Well, I may have stumbled on to a scenario set-up that actually gives the AI (in concert) a winning strategy.

Those who are following the Democracy in Peril and The Axis Awakens sets will be aware of the single-player derivatives. I've actually dumbed down the AI a little for these SP ones as they really are too powerful.

What's the premise?

Set up four of the AI in a master-slave relationship (3 being submissive to the fourth) and if the submissives are researchers like the Uni or Cyborgs, they just take off. In 'Democracy' I had Yang as the master, while in 'Axis' Deirdre is the top dawg (in the latter I have Roze as a submissive and gave her infiltration on everyone - WOW, in a word.

While it's too early to tell in the PBEMs if 3 humans co-operating can do better than 1 human and 2 AI co-operating (surely they will !!), I certainly can't win in SP mode after repeated tries at all 3 factions (Hive, Sparta and Believers).

Take the challenge and try the SP versions - they can be found at:

http://googlie2.tripod.com/rynnsgallery/id5.html

Shared experiences welcome

G.
Old August 7, 2001, 13:23   #2
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Local Time: 07:12
Re: AI Strategy
Looking good, Googlie. A very interesting concept, although I'm sure cooperating humans will prevail in MP.

As for single play - I'm dl'ing that now. Miriam, Yang, and Santiago aren't in charge of very good factions. I'll try my luck with Sparta, IMO the best of the bunch.

Old August 7, 2001, 15:45   #3
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 05:12
Am having lots of fun with this concept.

I set up an SP game (Lal) with three AI master/slave teams comprising Gaians/Consciousness, Morgan/Angels and Drones/University. (A sort of Battle of the Builders)

I Reset SE choices for the master to explore/build and the slave at discover/build. Set one pair to co-operate with the Human player and 2 to team up against. Conquest Victory is de-activated.

At 2235 the infrastructure is impressive (I have the Empath Guild and Supercollider, my only 2 SPs) - the Gaians and University both have most of their bases with tree farms and research hospitals, and their larger ones have hybrid forests and fusion labs, and the Uni has actually built six crawlers (everyone but Roze built at least 1 crawler)

The sides are pretty evenly matched. AC scores are:

Uni - 335
PKs - 294
Gaians - 273
Morgan - 252
Domai - 249
Aki - 237
Roze - 223

I'll hang the start year on the site for anyone that wants to try their hand at it (The Intermediate page - although it is at transcend level it's not difficult as the AI are set to aggressive/peaceful)

G.

Last edited by Googlie; August 7, 2001 at 15:56.