Old August 9, 2001, 18:07   #1
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Civs included: FIRAXIS plz plz plz respond
Firaxis,
Discussions come and go but as you may have noticed there's one particular discussion that has been on page 1 (only occasionally dropping to page 2 for at most a few days) of this forum for about 4 months now and that's still going strong. With over 500 posts in 2 threads, crawling towards 6000 views, 2 news items devoted to it and dozens of 'sidetrack' discussions and polls, the "Civs included. Just the facts madam" discussion is the most popular topic this forum has seen in a long time (maybe even the most popular topic ever). I don't know if you ever bothered to read (part of) it - because it's so huge I certainly wouldn't blame you if you haven't - but as the name suggests, in this discussion we're trying to figure out which civs will be included in Civ3, based on hard evidence (screenshots, statements by you, etc). The popularity of this discussion clearly indicates that the people on this forum care much about this topic.

However, even after all this time we still haven't fully been able to figure out exactly which civs are included. By now we have an almost complete list with only 1 (or actually 2) civs unconfirmed. It was fun and interesting to collect all the evidence ourselves and put it all together but now we're so close to reaching our objective it would be very much appreciated if you could help us out a bit. I understand that you can't and don't want to give away too much info about the game at this stage but we came this far on our own, so I don't think it could be all that problematic to help us over that last obstacle.

Basically the only thing you guys have to do is confirm for us that the Aztec are included in Civ3. That's really all we are dying to find out right now, so it would be fantastic if you could confirm or deny this. A simple yes or no would suffice...

However, if you'd want to help us out even more, you could also confirm (or deny of course) that the Japanese are in as well. We're 99% certain they will be, but we'd love to be 100% certain...

Now, if you could answer those to questions for us, that would be absolutely terrific and we would be very, very grateful. That would mean we would know pretty much with 100% certainty which civs would be included.

But of course, since most of the civs haven't been officially confirmed by you there would still be a tiny uncertainty factor. Though it may be tiny, it's still there and nagging and torturing our poor sensitive souls. If you wanted to make us truly infinitely grateful, you could even confirm the entire list of civs we've found. So basically what we would ultimately like to know is if the following is the complete and accurate list of civs in Civ3:

1) Americans
2) Aztec
3) Babylonians
4) Chinese
5) Egyptians
6) English
7) French
8) Germans
9) Greek
10) Indians
11) Iroquois
12) Japanese
13) Persians
14) Romans
15) Russians
16) Zulu

If you could confirm this list we would truly be infinitely grateful (well, I would anyway, can't speak for the others of course). Again, a simple yes or no or whether or not this entire list is accurate would suffice. If it's incorrect and you could tell us something about what exactly is incorrect that would be even better of course, but just a quick message saying that it's incorrect would be great as well.

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please could you answer at least one of these questions? Pretty please with a 1000 cherries on top
Old August 9, 2001, 18:31   #2
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:15
No! This is a wrong list! FIRAXIS, dont confirm it!

Please, listen to me, we dont need Japanese. Hebrews are much better. I mean, what the Japanese can do? Dog like robots?
Old August 9, 2001, 18:33   #3
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

shuddup, yid ;)
What did hebrews add to the face of the world, Eli? Dog like people?
Old August 9, 2001, 18:34   #4
Bereta_Eder
Settler

-dp- (understandably eager to post!)
Old August 9, 2001, 18:34   #5
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Firaxis,
please tell us, we are exhausted

Apolytoners have contributed to their wit's end to that thread, the best of everyone's knowledge has been poured into the «civs included» and Locutus has done an unsurmountable, superhuman effort in keeping it all under perspective.

I have started the threads so far ago I don't even remember and they have taken a life of their own. We are so close to the end. One last civ.

Please x 1.000.000.000.000.000.000 tell us who it is, or tell us if our list is flawed.

Thank you.

Always faithful

Paiktis22
Old August 9, 2001, 18:50   #6
SerapisIV
King

Local Time: 07:15
Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
No! This is a wrong list! FIRAXIS, dont confirm it!

Please, listen to me, we dont need Japanese. Hebrews are much better. I mean, what the Japanese can do? Dog like robots?
Every time the Hebrews had their own Civ they pissed off God and got sent back to slavery or captivity or diaspora. The only way a Hebrew Civ would be allowed to survive is if they were given extra units from the superpower civs in the middle of their wars. At least the Japanese took on the superpower civs by themselves.
Old August 9, 2001, 18:51   #7
SerapisIV
King

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Please x 1.000.000.000.000.000.000 tell us who it is, or tell us if our list is flawed.
[Firaxis]
I don't care how many decimal points you use, Please x 1 isn't good enough. I'd start begging harder if I were you
[/Firaxis]
Old August 9, 2001, 18:56   #8
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:15
Quote:
Originally posted by SerapisIV
Every time the Hebrews had their own Civ they pissed off God and got sent back to slavery or captivity or diaspora. The only way a Hebrew Civ would be allowed to survive is if they were given extra units from the superpower civs in the middle of their wars. At least the Japanese took on the superpower civs by themselves.
A Hebrew/Jewish/Israeli civ existed continusly for more than 3000 years. Most of the time we didnt have independence though.
Old August 9, 2001, 18:57   #9
SerapisIV
King

Then I want a North Carolina civ. It's existed just as long as the American civ has.
Old August 9, 2001, 18:58   #10
Ralf
King

Local Time: 13:15
Most people have voted for the aztecs, but in termes of scenario-possibilities the spanish is much more interesting as the 16:th Civ.
Old August 9, 2001, 19:07   #11
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Huh, without the hebrews you'd have no civilization.

We gathered and invented the morals and relgion you know now, and we created that society. We changed to believe in one true god.

Even today, we invented more half of the curent computer technology, and we keep inventing your military technology.

so keep dreaming. We were here to push the world into progress, and here we shall stay

(and by the way Eli, we're around officially for 5,000 years. Jerusalem is 3,000 y/o. Abraham and such were probably 7,000 years ago )
Old August 9, 2001, 19:29   #12
down th' pub
Warlord

Local Time: 12:15
From civ3.com:
The Americans
The Aztecs
The Babylonians
The Chinese
The Egyptians
The English
The French
The Germans
The Greeks
The Indians
The Iroquois
The Japanese
The Persians
The Romans
The Russians
The Zulus
Old August 9, 2001, 19:44   #13
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by SerapisIV

[Firaxis]
I don't care how many decimal points you use, Please x 1 isn't good enough. I'd start begging harder if I were you
[/Firaxis]
ouch! In greek the «.» has the place of «,» and vice versa in mathematics.
Sorry.

My begging is sincere