Old October 19, 2001, 01:07   #181
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 07:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
MY 2166 to brother knowhow2

Strangely, it is listing me as tech leader.
Old October 19, 2001, 06:19   #182
knowhow2
King

Local Time: 13:18
turn 2166 to darius

The Cyborgs just finished building the Planetary datalinks.

a UoP transport is just outside mu eastern seaborder. Don't worry, I got military units out there. And some probes is on its way.

OC in two turns
Old October 19, 2001, 07:43   #183
Darius
Prince

I infiltrated the Consciousness. I didn't have time to write everything down before work. They have ten bases, including one that I will probably destroy next turn. They have four transports, but not many units to threaten us yet.

My first needlejet is complete. However,
(attack aircraft) + (Free Market) = drone riots
I'm going to drop out of Market for a while, at least until I get some Clean units and punishment spheres set up.

Turn to John.
Old October 19, 2001, 11:03   #184
johndmuller
King

MY 2167 to brother knowhow2

I should have BioEng (Clean) in MY 2130; I'll assume that you both want it unless I hear otherwise.

Darius, I was going to bring up the pacifist drones, but I thought that you were building a SAM NJ from the number of rows (it was the Proto that added the rows, I guess). The p-drones are a real pain to support and as we don't have the tech for Punishment Spheres (Adv Mil Algs) yet . . . Speaking of that, we are not too far from it, especially if Knowhow2 can research Adaptive Doc as his next tech (some people have deviated from the One True Path).

There is also the option of using Police State and FM (perhaps we are going that way in RL?), but that is a big change in efficiency, I'm not sure what the overall effect would be. Green would also be a nice option to have (especially for Morgan - banned from planned), but alas, we also lack the tech (Cent Empathy) for that.
Old October 19, 2001, 12:12   #185
knowhow2
King

turn 2167 to darius

OC next turn
Old October 19, 2001, 21:28   #186
Darius
Prince

2168 to John.

I wrote down all of the Consciousness units, but now I am too lazy to type them out here. Suffice it to say that they have 4 transports and two Unity transports, and are starting to produce missile (level 6 weapon) units. They have ten bases, and are 24 turns away from completing the Citizen's Defense Force. Oh, and they have a 90% damaged probe team where I stupidly tried to steal a tech without first checking to see if they had a probe team in that base (too tired to be playing).
Old October 19, 2001, 23:20   #187
johndmuller
King

MY 2168 to brother knowhow2
Old October 20, 2001, 04:44   #188
knowhow2
King

turn 2168 darius

I got the OC now and forced by the bad choices I picked SoHB so please one of you send that tech to me.
Old October 20, 2001, 13:33   #189
Darius
Prince

2169 to John. I gave SotHB to Knowhow2. Nothing else to report, except that I have a chopper and a needlejet on station in John's territory for Spartan control duty.
Old October 20, 2001, 16:52   #190
johndmuller
King

MY 2169 to brother knowhow2

Darius, if you think that the quick healing of the A/C is worth the turn to go there, there is one at M. Mountain Resources. [That would be 1 turn to get there + 1 turn to get well (+ maybe a turn to get closer to the action) versus ? turns with only a Cmd Cntr.]
Old October 20, 2001, 17:32   #191
knowhow2
King

john,

turn not received please resent and control if you got the right email.
Old October 21, 2001, 00:10   #192
johndmuller
King

Knowhow2,
Here it is; sorry about before - I must have forgotten to email the turn after I posted (I was getting rushed to go out to dinner). Hope you didn't wait up for it after I said that I sent it. By the way, what is the actual time difference - right now it is a little past midnight here and at least as shown at the bottom of the various screens, the Apolyton clock seems accurate. I presume you see the time in the post translated into your local time and it also shows you local time at the bottom of the page. If they are consistent, then the difference between us should be just the difference between 12:15AM and whatever it shows as this post time. I would guess it would be 5 or 6 hours, but maybe you don't adjust your time in summer being so far north it wouldn't make much difference. Anyway, sorry for the slipup.
John
Old October 21, 2001, 01:54   #193
knowhow2
King

turn 2169 to darius

got the SoHB amd now going for Adaptive Doctrine.

Bio-Engineering *followed by the gurgle sound and drolling a lá Homer Simpson*

John, my time right now shows 07:47 and that is CET- central european time.
Old October 21, 2001, 16:30   #194
Darius
Prince

I neutralized one of the Spartan units threatening John. My needlejet was 90% damaged, but it was worth it for the promotion.

I liberated Nonlinear Mathematics from the Consciousness. I'm assuming you guys don't want it, as we have better weapons already. However, we will eventually need to get Superconductor as a prerequisite for Superstring and Applied Relativity.

I'm preparing to transport a couple of formers to your territory, John, to let you have use of some WP-enhanced formers. I'll just trade them for a couple of your formers, which I will bring back to my base and then you can transfer control of them to me. Then you can give me instructions for my formers in your territory and I will carry them out. Knowhow2, do you want to do this as well?

Turn 2170 to John.
Old October 21, 2001, 19:11   #195
johndmuller
King

MY 2170 to brother knowhow2

I sent Bioengineering to each of you. It didn't offer me Intel Integ, Grrrrr, but it did allow me to do MMI, which I am now researching; scheduled for 2170.

Thanks for knocking off the Spartan dude Darius; if you want to have target practice on the other one too, be my guest; let me know your 'druthers. I was hoping that the Spartans would make me an offer to join them against you, but they didn't, at least not yet. If they offer me a pact, I think I would accept it and hope to turn them to our side - I could probably get them to call off your vendetta if I pacted with them and losing a half turn worth of commerce until you and I could repact wouldn't be such a big deal now that you are out of FM. Well, maybe next turn; of course, they may take the other approach and demand our tech.

I am definitely interested in the Former Swap. Depending on exactly when it was, I would meet you by the mouth of one of those two rivers which flow down from the two bases on your side (probably M.ModestoMagnifico Meml's river).
Old October 22, 2001, 07:24   #196
knowhow2
King

turn 2170 to darius
Old October 22, 2001, 12:14   #197
Darius
Prince

The Drones are pleased to announce that our Air Force has whacked another Spartan unit, an IoD, and a MW. In addition, our Naval Special Forces teams have successfully infiltrated the University AND extracted their Optical Computer data.

John, I think that Googlie set up the AI factions in an unbeakable pact.

Turn 2171 to John.
Old October 22, 2001, 13:00   #198
knowhow2
King

foreman darius,

I think we have a communication breakdown here between our two great factions (not unusual among the bureaucratic UN style) I not sure but do you know that I already have Optical Computers (OC)? I didn't offer it to any of you since it tech itself doesn't give you any advantages just an important tech as a preq. Maybe I should offer you all my tech before your next probe action?
Old October 22, 2001, 17:19   #199
johndmuller
King

MY 2171 to brother knowhow2

Yes, that is a definite drawback to going tech hunting without having all of our techs. I just popped a couple of pods and it could have happened to me too and I did know that you had some tech that I didn't. Had it happened to me, I would have considered getting OC to be better than what did happen (2 IODs and a Kelp bed), but would now be wondering about the strategy after knowhow2 pointed out it was one we already had. It makes it a tough choice since there is a big penalty for having all the techs when it comes time to start a new tech off the old fashioned way. If you know what techs the AI has, you could make sure that you get the ones we already have before going fishing. On my part, I probably shouldn't be going popping with a probe anyway, but it is awfully hard to resist when you wade into that big cluster of pods.
Old October 22, 2001, 18:01   #200
knowhow2
King

turn 2171 to darius

SO how do we solve the tech/steal tech thing from now on? Take our chances or just take the penalty for having slower tech research rate? One way to go is that darius, being the slowest faction when it comes to research do have ALL the techs we have while we other two do what we been doing so far and try to keep ourself from tech stealing.
Old October 23, 2001, 08:26   #201
Darius
Prince

Sorry, guys. I messed up. I didn't even think about that.

I've now infiltrated the three AI factions within easy reach. I can see what techs they have, so I think that I will just make sure I get from you guys any techs they have before I go in fishing. That way I will only get new ones.

2172 to John last night. (Sorry, I didn't have time to post last night.)
Old October 23, 2001, 14:46   #202
johndmuller
King

MY 2172 to brother knowhow2

Well slap my wrist; I couldn't help myself; I knowingly popped another pod I even switched production to a TF at the nearest base first just in case and was rewarded with a (just about entirely) free TF. How's that for positive reinforcement of bad behavior? I told myself "just one more", but I'm still in the middle of 4 MORE pods! - Help! Darius, please offer me the Optical and Non-Linear techs - If I feel strong (or foolish), I won't take them; If I feel weak (and conservative) then I'll take them - Of course, if I'm really a gambling addict, . . . .

Darius, I don't know if you are looking for any more target practice, but if you are, there seems to be an IOD with Spore Launcher at (49,1) (north of M. Onshore Bank) within range of that base; both units are green-equivalent or less morale. They have been sitting there since I popped them, so I don't know them as a threat to anything, but if you want the upgrade/cash opportunity, feel free. I am assuming that you don't see them in you view; if you do see them, let me know and I'll stop pointing out the obvious. There is another similar IOD (with 2 MWs) at (35,3) but I think that is out of your range.
Old October 23, 2001, 16:14   #203
knowhow2
King

turn 2172 to darius

nothing to report.
Old October 24, 2001, 12:04   #204
Darius
Prince

What's a TF?

I killed the IoD and Spore Launcher with my chopper, but the damage to my chopper was enough that running out of fuel killed it. But feel free to continue pointing out targets. You're right that I can't see them.

I sank a Spartan transport with two units aboard, using the ship I stole from the Consciousness. How sweet is that?

2173 to John.
Old October 24, 2001, 14:24   #205
johndmuller
King

MY 2173 to brother knowhow2

TF = Tree Farm

So I took the techs from Darius and popped a couple more pods - responsible me - it was anticlimatic, didn't get a tech after all that; got more kelp and some nice $$ instead.
Old October 24, 2001, 17:26   #206
knowhow2
King

turn 2173 to darius

There are a cyborg transport sitting just left to UN Aid Station (if you click that base you'll see it), if one of you (darius mostly) like to shoot it to h*ll, I don't mind. I'm currently upgrading all my units into clean. If you have energy to spare I wouldn't mind receiving some.
Old October 25, 2001, 20:47   #207
johndmuller
King

MY 2174 to brother knowhow2
Old October 25, 2001, 21:20   #208
knowhow2
King

turns 2174 to darius

i must ask, do we have any other plans on what to do except for just staying alive? Should we attack or go for AtT? One faction at a time or all of them at once? Any thoughts?
Old October 26, 2001, 06:40   #209
Darius
Prince

I'd kind of like to get out there and start cracking some heads. But I haven't really formulated a plan yet.

2175 to John.
Old October 26, 2001, 19:06   #210
johndmuller
King

MY 2175 to commissioner knowhow2

I'm going to try to stay in FM & Wealth for as long as I can, sacrificing Wealth if I need tougher troops, but trying to hang on to FM. I will therefore probably need a base featuring a Punishment Sphere, said base which I haven't started yet and said facility for which we still lack the tech (Advanced Military Algorithms). I do think I know about where the base will be (on the coast below Mt. Planet probably) and the tech is near.

When you finish Adaptive Doctrine, knowhow2, one of the next steps toward fusion is Advanced Military Algorithms; its prereqs are Optical and Adaptive, which you will have. I would strongly recommend that you research Advanced Military Algorithms if you can. If you can't or don't, please give me the Adaptive Doc right away so I can try to get it. My tech changeover is shortly after yours as currently estimated. The other prereqs for Fusioin that we can research are Intel Integrity and Supercomputers.

I'm going to be in New York for about a week starting tomorrow (Saturday) sometime. I don't expect any trouble playing my turns, but there may be some delays while I'm in transit and/or otherwise occupied. Of course, there is always the chance that I will have some technical difficulties up there, so if I don't appear on-line for a few days and/or my turns don't get played, that will be why - If any of that happens, I'll try to get word to the thread if I can, but I don't really expect any trouble.