Old August 10, 2001, 20:29   #1
Jason Beaudoin
Prince

Local Time: 07:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Characters: Where'd they go?
Where character units or "hero" units scrapped?
Old August 10, 2001, 20:34   #2
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 06:19
Not as far as I know. We just have not heard much about them. Hopefully, the official site can give us an update on how they work.
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"
Old August 10, 2001, 20:39   #3
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:19
I thought leader units were already confirmed. Plus they diffently will be in since great people will be in the game. I really like these two ideas of great people and leader units. Is that going to be the coolest thing if when you are lets say the Americans and you are fighting with your marine then all of sudden it turns into Gen. Patton. Not to mention if you are the Greeks and then Aristotle becomes created as a great person.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 10, 2001, 20:39   #4
Jason Beaudoin
Prince

Heck! I hope not. That was something that I was really looking forward to.
Old August 10, 2001, 20:56   #5
genghisvick
Chieftain

As far as I know heros are still a go, anyone else have more info on the subject?
Old August 11, 2001, 07:08   #6
lockstep
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 13:19
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3image...h_preview2.jpg

Take a look at the military advisor (at the bottom right of the page). You´ll see "Available Leaders". Pretty much confirmed I´d say.
"As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW
Old August 11, 2001, 07:37   #7
Grim Legacy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by genghisvick
As far as I know heros are still a go, anyone else have more info on the subject?
Too bad...I'm not really looking forward to having 'heroes'. I like to think it's about armies, not individual men. Abstraction, people!

PS -Genghis Vick, do you happen to frequent the MaximumPC forums?
Old August 11, 2001, 09:41   #8
Footie Mad
Prince

Gamespot says in their prewiew that units will go from new-veteran-elite and from elite there is a possibility for a unit to become a great leader.
It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars