Old August 12, 2001, 13:22   #1
[LordLMP]

Chiron Chronicles: Planetary Council
Well start from the beginning. Can also have private messages to other leaders here, else the whole Council automaticly hears. The council is usually Virtual these days. Can have faction representives to speak instead of the leader. so now, lets get ready to rumble!!!!!
Old August 12, 2001, 19:03   #2
Argonaut
Prince

Local Time: 12:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Announcement by Data Angel Representative
The Data Angels have decided that current humanitarian efforts have not been fully sufficient to relieve the suffering of civillians within the current warring factions of the Cult of Planet and the Lords Believers.

As a result, we will be aiding the UN in their efforts by funding relief efforts within the territory of the Lord's Believers, and aiding those displaced in the war. Food, shelter and clothing will be shipped to "safe" Believer bases where Data Angel aid officials with coordinate with Believing volunteers to look after those displaced by the conflict.

This will help relieve some suffering, and ease demands on the U.N.'s strained relief funds.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2001, 19:41   #3
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 14:21
[OOC: Okay, now... Lal is responding to a private message from Roze (which I received in the form of a private message from Argonaut a few days ago...) Since I'm going to post the response here, I thought I should include the message I'm responding to, since it hasn't been posted in public before. (Technically, I guess I should ask Argonaut first, but I see no reason why this shouldn't be posted and I'm assuming it was only sent to me in private because there was no game thread to post it in at that time. -You can bonk me in the head if I'm wrong! )

Anyway, here goes... (end OOC) ]

Quote:
Private Message
To: Commissioner Lal

I feel it is important that I speak with you Pravin. As you are, I am sure, aware, I have decided to once again run for the office of Planetary Governor.

First, let me assure you that it is not do to a grievance I have with you. I have always respected your leadership ability and you have not failed us yet in your role of Governor. But I also see nothing wrong with a different voice representing the people for a time. I only have a problem when that different voice is the likes of Nwabudike Morgan.

We cannot allow such a man to return to the office of Planetary Governor, and the only way we can assure this is by having the Chiron Alliance providing a single, and unified front, backing a single candidate.

I do not believe myself more deserving of this position, but examine our political situation. If you run as the Chiron Alliance candidate, the Believers, Spartans and Hive will certainly unite their vote against us. The University is highly likely to vote for Morgan, as is the Cult if they want further support in their war effort. We would have to unite the entire Alliance PLUS Foreman Domai to even stand a chance. Most likely, it will result in a draw (if not defeat) and Morgan, as Governor, will retain.

However, if I were to run as the Alliance candidate, I can possibly persuade others to join our cause, if not abstain for supporting Morgan. I'm sure, as wise as you are, you see the greater good comes from the Chiron Alliance holding the Governership rather than risking the position unnecessary.

I will be speaking with the other Alliance leaders, as well as various other faction leaders. I do hope Pravin, that you can support my bid and do what is best for the Alliance at this time.

Your friend,

Roze
[Note: Lal has already sent a preliminary response in which he basically said that he didn't hold it against her and that there was some sense in what she said, but he needed to think about it for a few days... (He is Roze's friend and tries not to slam the door too hard...) Anyway, here comes the official response... ]

Private Message
To: Datajack Roze

Dear Roze

In regards to the matter of your seeking office as Planetary Governor... as I have stated before, I will not hold this against you. I also see that there is some sense in what you say. However, I am unable to support your candidacy, as doing so would send the wrong kind of signal to the people of this world. If I was to stand down now and support your campaign, it would be seen by many as an indication of my being more concerned with preserving the power of the Chiron Alliance than enforcing the U.N. Charter. Not only would this give my critics a stick to beat me with, but we might quite possibly end up destroying everything we're trying to protect. No offense taken, my friend, but if I have to choose between ruining the integrity of the Peacekeeping Forces or risking another term with Morgan as Planetary Governor, then I shall have to take my chances with Morgan. I can not be seen as serving an alliance which half the people on this planet see as their enemy.

Commissioner Pravin Lal
U.N. Peacekeeping Forces
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2001, 20:09   #4
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

U.N. announcement
The U.N. welcomes new initiatives by the Data Angels to help ease the suffering of the war-torn population on the Western Continent.

[OOC: Short statement, no detail... -as if the U.N. doesn't really know much at the moment...]
Old August 12, 2001, 21:30   #5
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 07:21
Spartan Information Service
The Spartan Federation welcomes efforts to help the Lords Believers. We do insist that you make arrangements with them before you get too far into your planning. We wouldn't want any incidents to dampen this jester of good will.

On further matters concerning operations within the Believer territory, Sparta defers to Sister Miriam Godwinson.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12, 2001, 23:07   #6
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:21
As Planetary Governor, I would like to offer a new initiative for peace on the Western Continent. I am hereby extending, in public, a formal invitation for Prophet Dawn and Sister Miriam, or their representatives, to visit Morgan Industries for a face-to-face meeting. I also offer the services of senior members of my Diplomatic Corps as mediators. Only by taking risks can we hope to achieve real progress.

If this suggestion is not to the liking of the parties, I can arrange a meeting at Planetary Council Base or another suitable location. I also welcome the participation of the Spartans and the Peacekeepers, and other parties with a stake in this issue, in any such conference.
Old August 12, 2001, 23:44   #7
Argonaut
Prince

OOC: I was kind of trying to do some secret political manuevering actually Guardian, but I guess you ruined THAT for me, didn't ya? Oh well, so much for my machiavellian plan to take over the world.....oops....

Private Message : Enhanced Encyrption
To: Comissoner Pravin Lal

I am sorry you feel that way Pravin. While I see some sense in what you say, I cannot help but notice that you put your own concerns in front of supporting your friends.

I intend to continue with my campaign, and will not restrain myself from seeking true friends from within the alliance. I had hoped we could have provided a stable government with a decisive victory. It appears that you have made this impossible.

Dissappointed,

Roze

Private Message : Enhanced Encryption
To: Captain Svensgaard, Lady Deirdre, Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five

Greetings friends,

As you may be aware, I have been attempting to persuade Comissoner Lal to drop his candidacy for Planetary Governor, and side with me, ensuring a defeat of Morgan in the coming election. The Comissoner has refused to lend his support, and I fear that some of what Chairman Yang has been saying is true. He seems himself as the 'true' and rightful leader of humanity.

While, I hope, that I am merely misjudging him, and that his decision does not indicate his greater intent, I have chosen to still run for office, despite the potential hazard it creates.

I have spoken with some faction leaders outside of the Alliance, and have begun open and peaceable discussions with several. However, none are the lease bit content to see Lal in office. That is why I seek your support. To prevent the likes of Morgan from retaining, so that someone more trustworthy holds the office.

Lal cannot win this election. If we were all to throw our votes behind him, the rest of Chiron would surely unite against us and vote us down. That is why I ask for your support, one who has not alienated other leaders on Planet, but can still keep our own values at heart.

Please, consider what I have said. It appears much more depends on this election than any had thought possible.

Roze

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."
Old August 13, 2001, 02:46   #8
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

OOC: Well, duh!
I guess I screwed up pretty bad, didn't I?
*Guardian bonks himself in the head for not asking first when he knew he should have...*
Guess I'll take the time to go with my gut feeling next time and not rush things along like I did last night. Sorry about that. Anyway, it's still secret as far as the game is concerned. (The other players know about it now, but their characters don't...) Anyway, what I did up there was a pretty nasty breach of some pretty basic unwritten rules... Can you forgive me? Next time someone sends me a private message, I will assume that there is a reason for it being sent in private, and it will remain private unless we specifically agree on something else...
Old August 13, 2001, 04:46   #9
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

OOC again: You know, I really didn't think much of it at all, since we've always posted private messages like that before. As a player and a reader you get to know, you just have to remember that your characters may not know all that you know, and... well, in a way that's part of the fun!

But... make no mistake here; I still should have asked first.

On a different note, Lal would have been quite a little bit annoyed if he'd known what Roze was saying to the other leaders. There are some rather nasty accusations in there - not the kind of stuff I'd expect from a friend and certainly not behind my back! It would definitely have a negative impact on our relations. But... Lal doesn't know...

(And I'll try not to put any more OOC only posts in this thread...)
Old August 13, 2001, 09:49   #10
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Argonaut
Private Message : Enhanced Encyrption

I am sorry you feel that way Pravin. While I see some sense in what you say, I cannot help but notice that you put your own concerns in front of supporting your friends.

I intend to continue with my campaign, and will not restrain myself from seeking true friends from within the alliance. I had hoped we could have provided a stable government with a decisive victory. It appears that you have made this impossible.

Dissappointed,

Roze
To: Datajack Sinder Roze

Well, I'm sorry to have disappointed you as that was certainly not my intention.
Seriously though, in regards to my "putting my own concerns in front of supporting my friends", I'm sorry, but I really don't have much choice in a matter like this. If, as a Peacekeeper, I didn't at least TRY to maintain some kind of neutrality in interfactional matters, then why should I even be a Peacekeeper in the first place? If we were to engage in political power play on behalf of an alliance - any alliance - then we might as well disband the Peacekeeping Forces and go be Pirates or Spartans instead. Well, that's not what we're here to do, and if this means I can't be your friend, then I guess I never should have been. I'm sorry to say, but I really thought you knew me better...

Pravin
Old August 13, 2001, 10:20   #11
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
General Message
To: Planetary Council

I am here to present to the Council the Believer reprentative to the Planetary Council, Father Theodore Deacon. He will answer all questions and has my authorities concering Believer foreign affairs, and will stay permanently as of today at the Planetary Council base. Discuss with him like with me. As much as I would of preferred attending the Council personally, I have currently very pressing matters that need my imminent attention. However, when the election for Governor begins, I will tend to the Council myself until that matter has been settled with.

Sister Miriam Godwinson

General Message

I am glad to be here, and hope that we can work together to make this world a better place.

I would like to thank all Council members, especially Datajack Sinder Roze, for issuing all possible humanitarian aid to the Western Continent.
But at the same time I remind this Council that an unauthorized intrusion by the military forces of any faction will be considered as a provocative action, barring situations where negotiations have been held beforehand. Also, any military support to the Cult, or any attempts to stop Believer military units on a task authorized by the Believer Military Command, will be considered an act of war.

[OOC: OK. here goes, I think everyone can guess what those imminent matters are
As far as I know we can communicate via the PM system even if there is a proper game thread, just to make it easier. At least I find it somewhat difficult to "not" know something. That is why I have not even in real life read those PM's of Roze and Lal. Just for the sake of simplicity.]
Old August 13, 2001, 10:33   #12
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

General Message

My friends... the Believer representative has stated that
Quote:
any attempts to stop Believer military units on a task authorized by the Believer Military Command, will be considered an act of war.
In that case, I shall certainly hope that the Believer Military Command will not authorize their forces to commit atrocities...
Old August 13, 2001, 10:44   #13
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

General Message
From: Father Theodore Deacon, Believer Council Representative

Miss Fuentes has stated a reasonable concern regarding actions interfering with the UN Charter.
I declare that the Lord's Believers have no desire to commit atrocities against hostile factions. If Believer units have been equipped with Nerve Gas, it will not be used under any circumstances other then if several hundreds or more Believer citizens are under the immediate threat of death caused by enemy forces.

In standard combat conditions, the Believer units will not commit atrocities. Sister Godwinson and I myself give this Council our word for it. If that is not enough for the Peacekeepers, or anyone else, then I see no reason why the Lord's Believers should attend the Planetary Council at all.
Old August 13, 2001, 10:51   #14
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

General Message

Let the record show that the Believers have given their word not to commit atrocities "in standard combat conditions".

We have no reason to question the word of the Believer representative. However, it would be interesting to hear his definition of "standard combat conditions"...
Old August 13, 2001, 11:04   #15
Sprayber
Emperor

To: Father Theodore Deacon

Father Deacon, I would like to welcome you to the Planetary council. I look forward to working with you in the coming year as we ensure that both our factions continue to prosper. If you require any assistance at all do not hesitate to ask. Colonel Santiago wishes to send her greeting as well.

I am here at the command of Colonel Corazon Santiago. I have authority to speak on behalf of the Colonel and the Spartan Federation. From time to time the Colonel will address the council herself as she sees fit. This will be done through the Spartan Information Service. All vid links and written communication will be handled by them. Colonel Santiago will be issuing a declaration in the coming days.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old August 13, 2001, 11:57   #16
Kassiopeia
Emperor

General Message

To leave no room for doubt, Sister Miriam and the Crusade Committee wish to state that:

"Standard combat conditions"
- Units hostile to each other are engaging each other
- The battle is not taking place inside or in the immediate vicinity (Less then three kilometres, ca. two Imperial miles) of a Believing base
- A substantial number of innocent citizens are not under the direct threat of termination
- The unit hostile to the Believers is not committing an atrocity, that is, if someone uses Gas on us, we will certainly retaliate.

If Miss Fuentes or any other Council member would like to suggest some more conditions for the term, we could maybe utilize it in further interfactional conferences.

General Message
To: Spartan Representative Karl Solo

I would personally like to welcome you to the Council, Mister Solo, and I therefore invite you to a dinner at the Believer Embassy at Planetary Council Base, tomorrow evening 1900 local time. Any members of your family or staff are also welcome.

General Message
To: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Sister Miriam has received your invitation and accepted it. She is currently deciding on a proper representative to handle the negotiatons.
She would also wish to state, that
Quote:
CEO, I wish that no further preparations for these negotiations are made until we have (re-)elected a Planetary Governor, and that the negotiations will be held at the headquarters of the (new) Planetary Governor. Of course, Cha Dawn must also voice his opinion about this meeting.
Old August 13, 2001, 12:14   #17
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

General Message

I must say, I do find it interesting that the Believers appear willing to use nerve gas in the immediate vicinity of their own population centers under the pretext of protecting their civilian population. Since I assume this said population is not equipped for battlefield operations in a chemical environment, I was wondering what they're supposed to do if the wind turns in the wrong direction?
Old August 13, 2001, 12:21   #18
Sprayber
Emperor

To: U.N. Ambassador Isabella Fuentes

Ambassador Fuentes, this is an old matter. We have discussed this particular issue many times in the past. Nerve gas is a terrible weapon, but a faction cannot rule out its use completely. As stated before the Spartan position on this:

Nerve gas will not be used unless

1. Our units have been victims of nerve gas attacks.
2. Foreign military units have invaded the Spartan Homeland with the intent on subverting the authority of the Spartan Federation.
3. Retaliation for any other atrocity committed against the Spartan Federation or its pacted allies.

It is the position of the Spartan Federation that Psi attacks are much worse of an atrocity than nerve gas. You should be more concerned with the Cult of Planet and their mindworm armies. Forgive me if I seemed abrupt. But I have witnessed the horror of a Psi attack first hand. How any human could train mindworms as offensive weapons is beyond even the the worst examples of warfare.

To: Father Theodore Deacon

I would be happy to attend your dinner Father Deacon. I shall bring my closest aid and my daughter.
Old August 13, 2001, 12:41   #19
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

To: Spartan Representative Karl Solo

This may be an old matter, but our position has not changed.
Using nerve gas under ANY circumstances is a violation of the U.N. Charter which we can not and will not accept. As for PSI attacks, I have never had the ill fortune of experiencing one, but I would gladly help enforce a ban on their use by human factions if one was to be imposed by the Council.
Old August 13, 2001, 17:02   #20
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Private Message to CEO Morgan

Miriam solicited me for my votes yesterday... Ha.
I think you should know that she is attempting to manipulate people against Lal and not yourself... This could be useful information to you in the future.

...Remember who helped you get elected when you enter office.

-Zakharov

General Message

Dear Council,

The University would like to point out a few flaws in your plan for the destruction of nerve gas pods.

1. Nerve gas has proven quite effective in battles against mindworms and other of the planet's ilk that refuses to be controled.

2. Nerve gas can now be stored safely. Our engineers have been working on plans to safely store it for years now, and we know that it will not explode or destroy anything like our previous experiments with the advanced nerve gas have.

3. The University has been using Nerve gas for years and only ONCE, note ONCE has a killer psychotic ran off with the nerve gas. We guard our gas dearly.
Old August 13, 2001, 17:54   #21
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

*Incoming transmission*

*There is no addressed message. An image of U.N. Ambassador Isabella Fuentes appears. She does not appear to be aware that you're watching her. Fuentes appears to be busy watching the University Ambassador Ian Davidson-Splertrovsky. When he is finished speaking, she rolls her eyes and mutters something under her breath, but you can't make out the words...*
Old August 13, 2001, 18:16   #22
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

General Message

Dear Council,

What IS an atrocity anyway?
The termage changes with the times.
Perhaps it is time we changed the termage?

The University has been pursuing research to make OUR nerve gas pods optimal against mindworms and the planet menace. Our plan is to destroy all planetspecies and make it possible for the earth species we brought with us to propogate and live upon this harsh land.

Our scientists have deduced that when all planet's xenofungus is destroyed, we will have a utopic earth.

Thus, you must reconsider. The University wishes to use the nerve gas pods against planet, not people.

-ID-S

General Message

To Council:

I would like to bring up this issue before the council.
Do Cyborgs and Drones deserve to be considered 'human' or should we treat them like secondary citizens because they are 1. Not genetically engineered. but 2. They are robotic-human hybirds and thus are lesser than the human race.

Thus I would like to propose that their 'humanity' be investigated and that their positions on the council be investigated as well.

-ID-S
Old August 13, 2001, 18:21   #23
DarkCloud
staff

Re: Announcement by Data Angel Representative
Quote:
The Data Angels have decided that current humanitarian efforts have not been fully sufficient to relieve the suffering of civillians within the current warring factions of the Cult of Planet and the Lords Believers.

As a result, we will be aiding the UN in their efforts by funding relief efforts within the territory of the Lord's Believers, and aiding those displaced in the war. Food, shelter and clothing will be shipped to "safe" Believer bases where Data Angel aid officials with coordinate with Believing volunteers to look after those displaced by the conflict.

This will help relieve some suffering, and ease demands on the U.N.'s strained relief funds.
The University's Public Ministry Responds-

A noble effort, no doubt, but, dear council, do you not realize that people should be able to war with each other without receiving unwanted 'aid' from others?

This brings the question into play, should we let people war without interference, or should we interfere and attempt to end the war?

The University believes that we should allow the war to play out naturally and allow the weak of each faction to die off and be eliminated.

-Stefan Amaris-Zeevico
Old August 13, 2001, 18:30   #24
DarkCloud
staff

Private Message
Zakharov to Morgan

Are you still planning to propogate and extend the Cult-Believer War by sending them war materials?

-Zakharov
Old August 13, 2001, 18:54   #25
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

*Incoming transmission*

*This time, Fuentes is just taking a sip of water as the University's Ambassador Davidson-Splertrovsky addresses the council. When she hears the matters he is raising before the council, the water goes down all wrong and the PK representative is suddenly in serious trouble... as she coughs, chokes and gags, she becomes aware all of a sudden that she is being watched... she turns your way with a look of anguish on her face, then regains her composure a little and hurriedly makes some hand gestures indicating that she will be back. She gets up and rushes out of the picture, then almost immediately reappears, still coughing. After pointing in the direction of the University's representative, she makes another gesture, indicating a "MAD SCIENTIST!". Then she disappears again. The image of her empty chair fades and is replaced by the emblem of the Peacekeepers...*
Old August 13, 2001, 19:04   #26
Argonaut
Prince

OOC: No harm, no fowl Guardian. I was just trying to use our fancy new forum's features to try something new. At the same time, it won't really work cause we still have non-player controlled factions going. So it's all good

As for what Roze had to say to other Alliance leaders, what can I say? She's concerned. Lal has basically claimed that the U.N. is the rightful leader of the Council, and the only one capable of upholding the Charter. More on that later.......

General Message

First, we would like to explain that our aid agreement with the Believer's was agreed to in private between Sister Miriam and Datjack Roze. The Data Angels were not willing to interfere with a situation that was not there problem, but saw an opportunity to help.

Also, we will not be hindering, or helping, the course of the current conflict. We will only seek to relieve the suffering of civillians displaced by the war.

Secondly, I move that the Council ignore the University Ambassador's questions regarding Cyborgs and Drones. This is nothing more than another attempt to excuse his faction's governments continued persecution of Cybernetic Citizen. Now we find that he has expanded his persecution to include Drones, despite his reasonings only really applying to Cyborgs.

But Ambassador, I do wish to ask you this. You give as a reason for disciminating against your own people, that they are "not genetically engineered". Does that mean that a naturally conceived and born human is now inferior. I assure you Ambassador, that in Data Angel territory, Genetically Engineered citizens make up a small percentage of our population base. And I assure you that we are by no means inferior to you.
Old August 13, 2001, 19:14   #27
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

OOC:

Quote:

As for what Roze had to say to other Alliance leaders, what can I say? She's concerned. Lal has basically claimed that the U.N. is the rightful leader of the Council, and the only one capable of upholding the Charter.
No, Lal was merely saying that HE should be acting on behalf of the U.N. rather than on behalf of the Chiron Alliance. But of course, Roze might have taken it to mean something else...

Anyway, I have to get some sleep...
More tomorrow...
Old August 13, 2001, 19:53   #28
Sprayber
Emperor

I have decided to use this occasion to announce that I will officially run for Planetary Governor. It is time for a new direction. A direction away from the encroaching power of a far away entity. Vote for me and your factional rights will be secured. The other candidates only want this position to further their own private dreams of domination. I seek this position cause I do not trust the current direction that we are headed.

**Private**
To: CEO Morgan

Morgan, you must look at the situation rationally. There are signs that the Chiron Alliance is split but if you don't watch, your old friend Roze will steal the election. The only way to keep this from happening is to join Sparta, The Hive, and the Lords Believers in casting a vote for me. For good measure, I suggest that you convince your ally Zak to vote for me as well. It is either me or Roze. Can you live with Roze as Planetary Governor? If we stand together we can defeat the Alliance now that they are split. If you support me, I can assure you that there will be no interference from the Planetary Government. The same goes for Zak.

**Private**
To: Commissioner Lal

Commissioner Lal, we have had many arguments over the years and continue to until this day. But I must admit that you have earned some small measure of respect from many in Sparta that reaches to the top. Don't misunderstand. We do not share the same vision for the future that you do. But we were impressed at how you handled yourself in the previous war. But to the point. One of your allies contacted me concerning the votes that are upcoming. I will not name the faction, but I surmise that you already know who it was. Nor will I disclose the content of the message, cause such things are meant to be private. Why don't you give the Spartan way a change at the Planetary Government. Show your allies that you are truly an independent body and do not reward their treachery. Vote for me Lal. You have the power to keep the Council from being split up down the middle.
Old August 13, 2001, 20:22   #29
Argonaut
Prince

Pravin,

I am speaking with you again, cause more and more I find myself disturbed and upset by your reasons for continuing with your own campaign.

You said that "If I was to stand down now and support your campaign, it would be seen by many as an indication of my being more concerned with preserving the power of the Chiron Alliance than enforcing the U.N. Charter". Yet, why am I not capable of enforcing and preserving that charter?

From the day Svensgaard introduced us after Planetfall, I have supported you in everyway I can in order to preserve that charter. When we established the Planetary Council, I voted for you to ensure the sanctity of the Charter and to protect human decency. This does not mean you owe me anything, but I wish you to understand why I am upset.

From the beginning, my beliefs and values were persecuted by both Morgan Industries and the University of Planet. The first Data Angels attempted to seperate peaceably, but neither Zakharov nor Morgan would allow it and we had to fight for our independance, and thank what ever God you believe in, we succeeded.

I did not lead this people into the wastes of Planet for personal glory. We fled together to protect what we believed was right, and the Data Angels chose me to lead. And since then we have fought very hard to protect the values which we believe differ us from those who persecuted us.

We have also fought hardest to protect others facing persecution. From day one, we supported the Cybernetic Conciousness who had chosen to avoid persecution, like ourselves, by the University. We have defended their right to exist and be treated as equals, when in your own bases they have been treated with disdain and suspicion.

But, despite all this, you see yourself as the only one capable of defending the Charter that we both value and uphold.

Pravin, Planet is a very different place from the world we left. The U.N. holds less importance to many people here than it did on Planet, and even those who were once a part of the U.N. have turned their back on it. Times have changed, we need to change with them.

If you seek to maintain neutrality, then why are you part of the Alliance? I thought you had joined because we all had something in common, to defend what we believed in and find a way to protect humanity on this increasingly hostile Planet. Now, you are willing to turn your back on that Pact because you do not see your allies as worthy of that trust?

This Alliance cannot be treated merely as a defence pact, friends to call on when one of us is under attack. If we cannot stand together when times are good, then I question the purpose of this Alliance at all.

Roze
Head Datajack, Data Angels

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Last edited by Argonaut; August 13, 2001 at 20:30.
Old August 13, 2001, 20:22   #30
Argonaut
Prince

OOC: Sorry, that little tirade was a bit longer than intended. Oh well, Roze was speaking from the heart!

By the way, are we actually going to start the game thread? There are a lot of non-Planetary Council aspects (and perhaps this Private Messaging regarding elections etc.) that could be covered. GM's? Oh, and will one of you be filling in for Domai? Roze has yet to campaign on that front.

And, Where are you SmacFanatic? I need you!

General Message
To: Colonel Santiago
CC: Faction Leaders

Colonel,

One minute I find myself enjoying an intelligent and peaceable conversation with you and the next I find you slandering me in the Planetary Council. Perhaps you haven't changed. You seem to be as much of an IOD in the Fungus as our Governor.

Roze
Head Datajack, Data Angels

Last edited by Argonaut; August 13, 2001 at 20:29.