Old August 16, 2001, 10:46   #61
Natan
Prince

Local Time: 07:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OOC: LMP, economy doesn't have anything to do with drones. The Hive has the Ascetic virtues, so it shouldn't be too big a problem, but disloyal people are nerve stapled or killed. So I guess the Hive could export some such people, but only after they've been Nerve stapl. . . I mean, after they've suffered brain damage in work accidents.

To: Council

I take issue with what Captain Svensgard has said. Mindworms can be and have been captured and manipulated by certain human factions to attack other humans. This is a dangerous reversal of the course of nature, and one whose consequences we do not fully understand. Psi warfare is far more terrifying and devestating than the use of Nerve Gas, and I stress, we do not know what will result from manipulating the natural defenses of planet against humans. Please, faction leaders and representatives, speak up! How will we end this hypocrisy?
Natan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2001, 12:14   #62
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:21
To: Planetary Council

Methinks Tseng and Yang are frightened of what some of the more advanced factions have been able to accomplish through their research of the planet.

I beg the council to respectfully ignore what Tseng has brought before it.
Old August 16, 2001, 15:52   #63
Argonaut
Prince

OOC: Ahem....Roze hasn't accused anyone of slave trade yet...she has only been talking with Domai in Private. The nerve gas, we've brought up regarding Morgan. But no Drone shipments yet, sorry. You'll have to wait to get your knickers in a twist over that one. Might I recommend that we drop that thread for now?

Private Message : Enhanced Encryption
To: Chiron Alliance

Comissoner Lal is right, there is no need to fear the dissolution of our Alliance, although your concern is appreciated Captain. Lal and I may be shocked that we don't see eye to eye all the time anymore, but some how I think we'll work through it.
I think I need a vacation. A cruise on luxury liner perhaps. You got any of those running Captain?

Roze
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2001, 20:30   #64
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 22:21
Private Message
Encryption Level 5
To: Academician Prokhor Zakharov

My dear Prokhor,

Thank you very much for the generous invitation to witness your demonstration of anti-mindworm chemicals. As you know, we have had some problems with worms in the past, and are very interested in any insights on offer.

Due to a serious accident near Morgan Entertainment that is currently occupying the central government's attention, I regret to inform you that I will not be able to attend in person. However, I have instructed the University Base embassy staff to send an observer, should you decide to hold the demonstration. I understand you have been having some diplomatic issues with the U.N. and the Alliance concerning gas, and I hope you can resolve them to your satisfaction. If there is any way in which I can help, feel free to let me know.

In friendship,
CEO Nwabudike Morgan
---
General Message
To: The Planetary Council

It is our position that research into psi warfare must continue, not least to ascertain if it has permanent effects on human brain activity.

We propose that the use of psi warfare against non-combatants be banned. We understand the position of those such as Gaia's Stepdaughters and the Cult of Planet, whose defense forces are based on psi attacks, and we do not wish to hamstring their armed forces or render them vulnerable to aggression. However, we propose that using psychic attacks against civilian populations is little different from using bullets or lasers against civilian populations.
Old August 16, 2001, 22:24   #65
Natan
Prince

Allow me to clarify. I am not opposed to research on psi warfare, nor is my faction. However, I believe there may some dangers involved in manipulating the organism's of Planet which have been known to attack humans, destroying bases. Their use is a a form of biological warfare, and thus should be banned by the UN charter of this mission. I am open-minded on this issue and remain so. What I will not stand for, however, is the hypocrisy in banning Nerve Gas while allowing mind worm biological warfare. I call on all factions to join me in protesting this hypocrisy and moving to lift the ban on nerve gas.
Old August 16, 2001, 22:27   #66
[LordLMP]

OOC: I suggest we avoid the Drone trading for now, thats for later, after the Election :P and it is just simple discussions between Roze and Domai (who mentions Svensgaard knowing about it). thats all. As for the Morganites, i would think they would operate in a way where they make the basic assumption that the Angels knows everything...Probing and hacking and all :P
Natan, yes, you made your point about the economy in hive...but Credits/Currency in chiron is Energy Base. So even a Police State faction with Ascetic Values needs Energy. So Energy is useful to speed things up, especially upgrades, SPs, etc.... If the morganites is interested in buying drones as workers with energy, then why not? Same with University, whom probebly don't buy as many drones as the morganites... It is Nerve Stapled, not Brain Stapled :P a difference.
Darkcloud, thats not fascism, thats typical Bigotry. Anyway, NO FASCISM! No more of this extreme genocide stuff, etc.... thats in the past not and lets leave it like that :P Can say Chiron re-evolved a bit by 2200.

Yang, lets compare a Nerve Gas attack and a Mindworm attack upon a base. So lets take the spartan attack on U.N. Data Acquisition in the Second Spartan War, where they used nerve gas on the base. The Nerve Gas killed about ten thousand civilians along half the garrison, where they didn't have any proper means to defend against. Now, lets take an typical mindworm attack like the one at Morgan Mines in the 2150s or the one at Miner's Freehold in the 2170s. Those two were the biggest Mindworm attacks on Chiron so far, where only under a thousand civilians were killed in both incidents. So now, which is the most devastating? Being killed by Nerve Gas or Mindworms is both gruesome, but Nerve Gas causes the most death. Also, it is a lot more easier to defending a base against mindworms than defending it against Nerve Gas.

Morgan, killing civilians, genocide, by any way is already banned in the U.N. Charter. So attacking civilians with mindworms is already illegal. But one thing we can do is to ban the use of mindworms by any factions against a base of anykind. As far as i know, no faction has ever used mindworms to attack a base, so rather it stays that way.

University, how could a genetic engineered person be more human than a Drone? The only non-humans on Chiron is you people. So if you don't shut up about it, we'll consider you guys a threat to Chiron who is trying to take over the world. The council doesn't want to hear of your pathetic Elitist opinions.

To All, can we get on with the election?

Captain Svensgaard

Last edited by ; August 16, 2001 at 22:46.
Old August 16, 2001, 22:42   #67
[LordLMP]

Quote:

Allow me to clarify. I am not opposed to research on psi warfare, nor is my faction. However, I believe there may some dangers involved in manipulating the organism's of Planet which have been known to attack humans, destroying bases. Their use is a a form of biological warfare, and thus should be banned by the UN charter of this mission. I am open-minded on this issue and remain so. What I will not stand for, however, is the hypocrisy in banning Nerve Gas while allowing mind worm biological warfare. I call on all factions to join me in protesting this hypocrisy and moving to lift the ban on nerve gas.

Biological warfare? Try Psionic Warfare, which isn't banned by the U.N. Charter. I already made my comparisons a moment ago, so go back and listen to it again. Destroying bases? Where and when did mindworms ever destroyed a base? If they did, it is due to lack of defence, which its a crime by itself if you think about it. I also doubt the mindworms were controlled by a faction too.

I agree with University, lets ignore Hive's opinion of banning Psionic Warfare. If we use the Hive's reasoning of what is Biological Warfare, then we should be banning the use of humans to kill other humans.

Captain Svensgaard

OOC: In reality, and in SMAC, Nerve Gas kills more then mindworms :P There is a reason why Chemical Warfare is banned in this world. Biological Warfare is using man or natural made viruses, diseaces, etc and attack people with it.
Old August 16, 2001, 23:49   #68
Argonaut
Prince

General Message

The Data Angels concur with Captain Svensgaard and Ambassador Ian Davidson-Splertrovsky. The banning of psi-warfare in no way compares to the use of nerve gas. While I do believe further study needs to be done into the long term effects of psi-attacks, I see no reason to ban it. As for civilian targets, this hardly needs to be touched. Attacking civilians with anything, even sticks and stones is out of the question.

We are concerned with Chairman Yang's fervour to allow the use of nerve gas. Exactly what do you need it for Chairman?

Private Message : Enhanced Encryption
To: Captain Svensgaard

I thank you Captain for stepping in at the right moment, and informing Comissoner Lal and I that we were being foolish. You were right and certainly diffused the situation with your...tactful...approach.

But you said one thing that concerned me. You announced that you would declare vendetta against Santiago if she succeeds in the election. This election is still entirely up in the air, and she does hold a very strong backing.

Therefore I plead that you reconsider this course of action. I do not trust Santiago, nor do I like the thought of her as Governor. But I do prefer her to Morgan. I've worked for that man and trust him about as far as I could throw him. He does what he must in the name of profit, and sees it as justified.

But, now I'm getting off track. If you declare vendetta against the Spartan Federation, it will shatter all that we've accomplished with the Planetary Council. How would everyone react if we attacked the Governor, just because we didn't want her to win. The very position would lose all sorts of credibility, wars would break out every time there was an election. We would be severely 'sore losers' to use the old Earth axiom.

We will be better off biding our time, preparing for the next election and fighting her diplomaticly in the Council. This is the democracy and charter we claim to defend, we can't turn our back on it when it doesn't go our way.

Please, will you reconsider?

Roze
Old August 17, 2001, 01:43   #69
[LordLMP]

To: Datajack Roze

Quote:
But you said one thing that concerned me. You announced that you would declare vendetta against Santiago if she succeeds in the election. This election is still entirely up in the air, and she does hold a very strong backing.
I know, so the Alliance better all vote one candidate to prevent it.

Quote:
Therefore I plead that you reconsider this course of action. I do not trust Santiago, nor do I like the thought of her as Governor. But I do prefer her to Morgan. I've worked for that man and trust him about as far as I could throw him. He does what he must in the name of profit, and sees it as justified.
I distrust Santiego as much as you distrust Morgan.

Quote:
But, now I'm getting off track. If you declare vendetta against the Spartan Federation, it will shatter all that we've accomplished with the Planetary Council. How would everyone react if we attacked the Governor, just because we didn't want her to win. The very position would lose all sorts of credibility, wars would break out every time there was an election. We would be severely 'sore losers' to use the old Earth axiom.
If she becomes Planetary Governor, war will come anyway aswell as disbandement of the U.N. Charter. She will give the Hive, University, Morgan and the Believers way to much leeway and freedom to do what they want in their factions. Then, they will have a war by the end of the decade. I will not allow that to happen.

Quote:
We will be better off biding our time, preparing for the next election and fighting her diplomaticly in the Council. This is the democracy and charter we claim to defend, we can't turn our back on it when it doesn't go our way.
I am only following the U.N. Charter for the sake of my people. If Santiego wins, the charter won't stop her by allowing things like Nerve Gas. Then, my people will not be safe with factions like Hive using the stuff.
Quote:
Please, will you reconsider?
I will, after You Win.

Captain Svensgaard
Old August 17, 2001, 08:27   #70
Cyber
Warlord

Local Time: 14:21

This "rallying" of other factions against Psi warfare by the Hive is completely ridicilous, as is comparing nerve gas to psychic attacks.
The best quality of controlled psychic attack, meaning an attack made by an indigenous unit with a brood trainer, is that it doesn´t need always to be aimed to kill. Psychic attacks can scare an enemy away, trick him, or just paralyze.However, nerve gas does only one thing, it kills.
I can understand why the Hive is so afraid of psychic attacks. They´ve probably had their share of attacks by wild mindworm boils, spawning in the thousands because of the polluting and inefficient Hive industry. But they can only blame themselves for it.
There is big a difference between wild mindworms and captured or bred faction mindworms. Both are highly intelligent creatures in boils, but the faction mindworms are trained and controlled by trainers, instead wild mindworms are angry and afraid. That is why their attacks are so gruesome, they don´t know attacks other than throwing their fear and hatred towards the enemy. And why are they afraid?Because their homes and environment are being raped and destroyed by marauding aliens that have already destroyed their own homeworld, and now are doing the same thing to this planet.

I´d like to question the UN Charter in few matters.
First, why has not nobody even proposed to add into the charter atleast something about protecting the native chironian life?

So, the Cult would like to propose to this council an act that would enable parts of continents and oceans to be declared as protection zones for the native life.
If the council agrees on this proposal, we would be happy to give every faction the blueprints of Centauri Preserve. We would also be willing to hold an ecological conference on our territory, where everyone willing to participate is welcome.
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2001, 13:02   #71
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Spartan Information Service

I have watched this so called Planetary Council bicker back and forth about which is worse dieing from nerve gas or dieing from those damned mindworms. I find the statements from the Pirate delegations offensive to say the least. They think that since only a few thousand people died from a mineworm attack compared to nerve gas somehow reassuring. I detect in their statements a note of arrogence. In fact all of their statements to this council has been from their ivory tower. The next war on Chrion will be started by their arrogence and unwillingness to compromise. Sparta will not fire the first shot. Because we will have you all know exactly what the Pirates are and what the want to be. I suggest that the members of the Chiron Alliance take a look at the Pirates and how they see the world. Take a look at the map and tell me who is positioned themselves as the self appointed police of this planet. They look after themselves only. This council means absolutly nothing as long as factions like the Pirates continue to parade around with their holy than thou attitude. Sparta is happy with the status quo. That is why Colonel Santiago is running for the postion. She is out to make sure that certain factions do not grow too arrogent.

On behalf of Colonel Satiago, I would like to thank the Hive faction and the Believer factions for their support. And I ask that those who are fond of the status quo to support her in her bid. The Colonel would have spoke herself but she has joined others in Sparta in the mourning of a great hero of the Spartan Federation. The Spartan Information Service will have more on this later in the week.

Last edited by Sprayber; August 17, 2001 at 13:13.
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2001, 14:34   #72
Natan
Prince

To: Headquarters' of the Spartan, University, Morgan, and Lords Believers factions.

Greetings. I have come to discuss a most serious matter, the planetary elections. I fear that if we split our votes, another candidate my triumph. As you can imagine, that would be disastrous. Therefore, I suggest that we combine our votes behind one candidate in a friendly fashion. Here is the deal I propose:

One of our number will become planetary governor.
He will share his intelligence files garnered through the governorship with all other factions which are a party to this deal.
The planetary governor will throw his support behind the following proposals: A global trade pact, a resolution declaring that the sole power to enforce the UN charter lies with the planetary governor, and a resolution recognizing the principle of faction soveriegnty.
Is this proposal acceptable to all? Then all we need to do is decide who to put up.
Old August 17, 2001, 17:18   #73
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
Private Message
To: Colonel Santiago, Chairman Yang and CEO Morgan
Re: Planetary Elections

First, I approached you all in person since this is a matter of utmost importance.

I have already considered that we should place Colonel Santiago as our mutual candidate. Also, as you CEO should recall, I have approached you in this matter as well.
I and Santiago have so far proceeded in rallying support from various factions to her, though some factions might foolishly consider her past actions on Chiron a problem.
Also, I have discussed with Datajack Roze as she approaced me about this issue, and I have requested her privatly to disrupt the Chiron Alliance votes between her and Lal. If our little informal coalition will not have split votes, I see no reason why our candidate - Santiago - would not win. I hope that all of you addressed reply, to me and to other addressed factions.
Old August 17, 2001, 19:30   #74
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

OOC: Main point about University is that they are brilliant, but idiots in political dealings

Perhaps we were hasty in the classification of the Drones, but nevertheless the question remains... And how can YOU claim that Genetically-Engineered HUMAN-beings are not human. I laugh at that statement. :laugh:

Quote:
I´d like to question the UN Charter in few matters.
First, why has not nobody even proposed to add into the charter atleast something about protecting the native chironian life?

So, the Cult would like to propose to this council an act that would enable parts of continents and oceans to be declared as protection zones for the native life.
If the council agrees on this proposal, we would be happy to give every faction the blueprints of Centauri Preserve. We would also be willing to hold an ecological conference on our territory, where everyone willing to participate is welcome.
Quezer, why protect the native life which fights us and attempts to destroy us? This sounds anti-evolutionary. Are you and your faction living in the stone age, worshiping the native flora and fauna. Embrace the future. Religion and its ilk are disgusting and merely imaginary subjects. The only truth is Humanity. And Humanity is only achieved by conquest and betterment.

The only way we would 'welcome' a Centaruri Preserve is if it is on Cult of Planet territory.

Zakharov has expressed interest in the Ecological conference, if only to note his displeasure, if the Cult representative will attend our Nerve Gas Summit.

A final note to all on the council: Zakharov does not personally take your refusal to see the demonstration as an insult; however he feels that you are going to drown in your ignorance as a result of not examining new tools in the war against the planet.

TO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
PRIVATE MESSAGE

Thank you for expressing interest. The University looks forward to receiving your representative.
Old August 17, 2001, 23:35   #75
[LordLMP]

Re: Spartan Information Service

Quote:
I have watched this so called Planetary Council bicker back and forth about which is worse dieing from nerve gas or dieing from those damned mindworms. I find the statements from the Pirate delegations offensive to say the least. They think that since only a few thousand people died from a mineworm attack compared to nerve gas somehow reassuring. I detect in their statements a note of arrogence. In fact all of their statements to this council has been from their ivory tower. The next war on Chrion will be started by their arrogence and unwillingness to compromise. Sparta will not fire the first shot. Because we will have you all know exactly what the Pirates are and what the want to be. I suggest that the members of the Chiron Alliance take a look at the Pirates and how they see the world. Take a look at the map and tell me who is positioned themselves as the self appointed police of this planet. They look after themselves only. This council means absolutly nothing as long as factions like the Pirates continue to parade around with their holy than thou attitude. Sparta is happy with the status quo. That is why Colonel Santiago is running for the postion. She is out to make sure that certain factions do not grow too arrogent.
Sorry to offend you Spartans, I was merely speaking down to Spartan and Hive level so you people can understand. Oh and don't forget that the Pirates also have jumbo missiles at all of its bases pointing at all of your capitals. So go ahead, piss us off, I dare ya Anyway, of course we care only about ourselves, like any other faction, else Santiego or Yang wouldn't fight so hard about this Sovereinty crap. So then now, if we care so much about ourselves, why would we want to self-appoint us the Police of Chiron, hmm? Why would we want a Governor that is a hypocrite and contradicts herself?

Quote:
On behalf of Colonel Satiago, I would like to thank the Hive faction and the Believer factions for their support. And I ask that those who are fond of the status quo to support her in her bid. The Colonel would have spoke herself but she has joined others in Sparta in the mourning of a great hero of the Spartan Federation. The Spartan Information Service will have more on this later in the week.
I do hope its Marshal Kessel. If so, I send my condolences.

Captain Svensgaard
Old August 17, 2001, 23:42   #76
[LordLMP]

Quote:
Perhaps we were hasty in the classification of the Drones, but nevertheless the question remains... And how can YOU claim that Genetically-Engineered HUMAN-beings are not human. I laugh at that statement. :laugh:
How I can claim genetically-engineered people are not Human beings? Simple, by looking at YOU and listening to your unethicaly idiotic nonsence.

Captain Svensgaard
Old August 18, 2001, 01:31   #77
Sprayber
Emperor

Spartan Information Service

It appears that we have a teenager controlling the Pirate faction. I heard that the Captain was more professional than that. Perhaps some of the Chiron Alliance members can now see what we are dealing with here.

*****Level 5 Encryption*****
To: Sau-ji Tseng

My good friend. The proposal you have mentioned is an excellent one. I would like to run something past you. Colonel Santiago has asked if Chairman Yang would consider supporting a possible stand in for the Colonel. Her possible plan is to have Miriam run in her place. This way, our two factions can enjoy some measure of insulation from criticism. And the Believers can gain some measure of higher standing in the interfactional community. Of course this may ruin the chances of Morgan and Zak combining with us. The Colonel doesn't really relish the thought of being burdened by the day to day running of the planetary government. But wants it to stay out of the hands of the Alliance while the Pirates are running around like spoiled children.

*****Level 5 Encryption*****
To: Sister Miriam Godwinson

Thank you Miriam for your words of support. We in Sparta have come to think of the Believers as equal partners and will support you in whatever way we can. Your loyality will be long remembered here in Sparta.

(OOC: Santiago really does appreciate Miriam's loyality and will remember it.)
Old August 18, 2001, 01:48   #78
Cyber
Warlord

Quote:

Quezer, why protect the native life which fights us and attempts to destroy us? This sounds anti-evolutionary. Are you and your faction living in the stone age, worshiping the native flora and fauna. Embrace the future. Religion and its ilk are disgusting and merely imaginary subjects. The only truth is Humanity. And Humanity is only achieved by conquest and betterment.
And why don´t they fight our faction? Because we treat them right. We don´t hunt them, we don´t want to kill them and we don´t burn their homelands to ashes. We, a part of Humanity, are helping the Chironians, and they in turn are helping us.Do not be such a bigot.
We do not practise a religion here, although it might look like. To comparison with the believers, we don´t worship some long dead God.
As you said, we worship the native flora and fauna, but they atleast answers back.

Quote:

Zakharov has expressed interest in the Ecological conference, if only to note his displeasure, if the Cult representative will attend our Nerve Gas Summit.
We will gladly join in the form of observers, if only to see how much does your miracle gas really affect the native lifeforms.
Old August 18, 2001, 04:08   #79
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Private Message
To: Cult Ambassador Quzer

Ambassador,

Thank you for the gracious invitation to the ecological summit. CEO Morgan has instructed me to deliver his acceptance. Due to a minor domestic problem that is currently occupying his attention, he deeply regrets not being able to reply in person.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,
Council Liaison Aron Fleischer
---
Private Message
Encryption Level 5
To: Human Hive Foreign Minister Sau-Ji Tseng
cc: Sister Miriam Godwinson, Colonel Corazon Santiago, Academician Prokhor Zakharov

I have given much thought to recent developments, and I wish to inform you that I am now considering dropping out of the race and endorsing Colonel Santiago for Governor.

Our analysis of the situation is not promising, suggesting that the best we can hope for if I remain in the race is a three-way standoff, or even a Roze victory. Even if the Alliance's votes are split, my continued candidacy would only result in unnecessary friction between our factions. I will keep you all informed on this matter.

In friendship,
CEO Nwabudike Morgan
Old August 18, 2001, 05:04   #80
Cyber
Warlord

As there already seems to be hightened interest towards the Ecological Summit, it is decided to hold the summit in Province Xeno, a few weeks after the elections.

The main subject of talk is, of course, the native ecology and how to improve our interaction with it.
Participants will receive the blueprints of how to build Centauri Preserves, and can show off their newest technologies in the area of ecology.

Also, the participants are free to ask our representatives anything related to the topic of ecology. Help against indigenous lifeform attacks, how to control safely fungus blooms, what are spawning periods for mindworms in different areas, you name it...
Old August 18, 2001, 06:04   #81
Cyber
Warlord

To: Liaison Fleischer and Ambassador Ian Davidson-Splertrovsky

Gentlemen,

I´d like to ask a favor from you. We are getting low on mindworms, and we need more of them to uphold our faction against the constant threat the Believers present to us.
Our scientists and psychics have evaluated the central continent and have all agreed, that the mindworm spawning rate there is atleast four times greater than on any other continent. So, we are asking permission to send a few special mindworm capturing units, not even worth one military unit altogether, on your respected territories and capture any wild mindworms found there.
So, if you have a problem with local mindworms, we can help. And to guarantee our good intentions, we will send every new captured worm straight back home, so no mindworm armies will form on your territories.
Also, if you wish, our special units can teach your specialists about how to avoid mindworm attacks and what to do when a base is under attack by mindworms.

Yours sincerely,
Ambassador Quzer
Old August 18, 2001, 10:58   #82
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber
To: Cult Ambassador Quzer

And why don´t they fight our faction? Because we treat them right. We don´t hunt them, we don´t want to kill them and we don´t burn their homelands to ashes. We, a part of Humanity, are helping the Chironians, and they in turn are helping us.Do not be such a bigot.
We do not practise a religion here, although it might look like. To comparison with the believers, we don´t worship some long dead God.
As you said, we worship the native flora and fauna, but they atleast answers back.
I can understand that if you do not have expansionist goals and wish to become a large indurstrialized nation that one can become friends with the mindworms- but is that not too much work and are you not giving away your humanity by doing so?
-The University does think that you are embarking on a noble task, but why worship the flora and fauna instead of attempting to master it?

Quote:
We will gladly join in the form of observers, if only to see how much does your miracle gas really affect the native lifeforms.
H.A. Prokhor Zakharov thanks you for your agreement to watch.
The demonstration will be soon. We will disclose a date to the entire council posthaste.

To: Cult of Planet
General Message

We would be glad to allow some of your scientists and teams, not in great numbers, to transport our mindworms to your territory.
Old August 18, 2001, 12:34   #83
[LordLMP]

Re: Spartan Information Service

Quote:
It appears that we have a teenager controlling the Pirate faction. I heard that the Captain was more professional than that. Perhaps some of the Chiron Alliance members can now see what we are dealing with here.
Sorry if I give that impression, just tired talking to you babies. When can get this election done and over with? Could of had this vote thing done weeks ago.

Captain Svensgaard
Old August 18, 2001, 13:18   #84
Argonaut
Prince

General Message

For a faction that preaches soverignty and keeping factional concerns private, the Spartan Ambassador certainly has a fondness for attempting to interfere in Chiron Alliance relations. We will decide who we keep as allies, and your opinion of them is of little difference to us.

We would also like to take this opportunity to gratefully accept the Cult Ambassador's invitation to the Ecological Summit. We certainly hope that we have as much to offer to the inter-factional community as the Cult has already put on the table.
Old August 18, 2001, 16:45   #85
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:21
General Message

The Lord's Believers will boycott the following "Ecological summit" as it seems to be nothing more then an attempt to distribute the ability of Psi warfare.

Private Message
To: Colonel Santiago

Corazon, I am glad that you have decided to run. Let's just hope that Morgan, Yang and possibly others will back you up. We are powerful factions, and there are other powerful factions aswell, but there is only one omnipotent being, and you have His blessing in your endeavour.

[OCC: Well, Miriam as anyone needs allies, and the Spartans aren't too cozy with Lal or the Alliance, but friends with the Hive, another of Miriam's friends, so...]
Old August 18, 2001, 21:50   #86
Mr. President
Emperor

Private Message
To: Ambassador Quzer

Ambassador,

I have relayed your proposal to CEO Morgan and the Executive Board, and they find it acceptable. We look forward to receiving your specialists.

Let us speak again soon to arrange the details of the operation.

In addition, CEO Morgan intends to attend the ecological summit personally, and he looks forward to visiting Xeno Province.

Sincerely,
Council Liaison Aron Fleischer
Old August 18, 2001, 22:56   #87
Natan
Prince

To: Colonel Corazon Santiago of the Spartans

encrypted

Thank, my good Colonel, for your proposal, however, I am somewhat sceptical of Miriam's capacity to protect our interests as planetary governor. I would suggest that either, you, Morgan, or I would do best as planetary governor. Miriam's fanaticism makes her unreliable and unpopular, Morgan's mercantalism makes him controversial within our block and beyond, while I am at least as open to that criticism as the good CEO. So I humbly suggest that you, as a rugged individualist and woman of honor, are best suited to the post of planetary governor. If you are unwilling to serve in this capacity, I suggest that we put up Morgan as planetary governor, as he can be relied on to support us and no doubt a small sum of energy credits could convince Miriam of Morgan's piety.

Yours,

Sheng-ji Yang, chairman, Hive central committee

To: CEO Morgan

Please, do not drop out yet. I am currently negotiating the matter with Colonel Santiago, and it appears that you may be the candidate we both choose to support. If we do choose to support you, a modest sum of energy credits may need to be transferred to Miriam's coffers to ensure her support.

Sincerely,

Sau-ji Tseng, minister of Foriegn relations, Hive central committee
Old August 18, 2001, 22:58   #88
Sprayber
Emperor

I assure you that neither I or the Spartan Federation has any wish to say who a faction can and cannot ally with. I was simply stating an observation about the leader of a faction that seems to have only disdane for this council and its proceedings. I will be the first to admit that Spartans are not fond of endless talking, but some of you should agree that these proceedings are far better than fighting on the battle field. Unless a certain faction is indeed wanting a war. I wonder what the reaction of the Chiron Alliance would be if Colonel Santiago or Chairman Yang or even Sister Miriam were to win the election? Would the Alliance accept the results? Now to officaial business.

Sparta will join with the Lords Believers in a boycott of the so called Ecological summit. We urge that each faction think about what this is really all about. Psi warefare will prove to be far more horrific than chemical warfare ever thought about. Some like to think of it as a numbers game. Chemicals kill more, so must be more dangerous. But I say that the Psi attacks by factions will increase in the future. It is only a matter of time until we see the mass slughter of entire bases caused not from jets or rovers or choppers filled with gas, but from legions of mindworms. From the looks of things, the cult is proving a most excellent example of a dark future.

Sparta will attend the Industrial summit suggested by CEO Morgan. Cooperation on an equal footing is the key to the future.
Old August 19, 2001, 03:16   #89
Cyber
Warlord

As always, the ambassadors of the Believers and Spartans have got it wrong.
Yes, if somebody wishes, they can learn more about Psi Warfare, but they can also learn about eg. how to better defend against wild mindworm psi attacks or how to control a fungus bloom. You have seen a fungus bloom, haven´t you? Highly probable, as both Believer and Spartan territories are badly polluted. Nasty things aren´t they, the fungus blooms? Can engulf whole bases in in almost none time.
The point of this conference is giving practical advices concerning anything related to Psi and the native lifeforms, we won´t be forcing our ideologies on anybody there. You are still welcome, if you wish to come that is.

To: Foreman Domai, the Free Drones

Greetings Foreman,

I am Cult ambassador Quzer, the formal representative of the Cult of Planet in the Planetary Council.
As you probably know, our war with the Believers has devastated our mindworm troops, and now we´re looking reinforcements. Unfortunately, our own lands do not spawn new mindworms nearly as fast as the central continent, or your territory. Your lands seem highly polluted, and together with the pollution coming from both Hive and Spartan areas, you probably have boiling soup of indigineous lifeforms on your hands there.

So, we would like to ask permission for sending small teams of scientists and psychics to capture any wild mindworms they might encounter on your territory, in other words to take care of your "pest problem", for while. To show our good intentions, every new captured mindworm will be sent straight back home, so no mindworm armies will be gathering on your territory.

Also, our mindworm capturing units can teach your forces about mindworms, but you are welcome to the ecological conference in our territory. There you´ll have a chance to learn much helpful practical information, that will surely help your not so good situation with the indigenous lifeforms.

Yours,
Ambassador Quzer
Old August 19, 2001, 04:16   #90
Cyber
Warlord

To: Liaison Aron Fleischer and Ambassador Ian Davidson-Splertrovsky

We are grateful for the permisssion to hunt and capture indigenous lifeforms on your territory.

We´ll send our teams with an Island of Deep to your western shoreline. From there they will go to the nearest bases of your two factionas and give the local officials tracking devices, from which you can monitor the position of our teams at all times.

If you could cooperate so much as to inform our teams about any new mindworm sightings, we would be very grateful. Any new captured indigenous lifeform will be sent to the one waiting Isle of Deep, on the western shore, from which it will immediately be stransported onto our territory.
Our people can take care of themselves, and I can guarantee, they are the best on Chiron in capturing indigenous lifeforms.
So, you won´t need any armies( and casualties) to fight the mindworms, we´ll take care of that problem.

To: Ambassador Ian Davidson-Splertrovsky

Quote:

I can understand that if you do not have expansionist goals and wish to become a large indurstrialized nation that one can become friends with the mindworms- but is that not too much work and are you not giving away your humanity by doing so?
-The University does think that you are embarking on a noble task, but why worship the flora and fauna instead of attempting to master it?
Thank you, somebody finally undestands us.
Humanity is a variable thing, and besides, why can´t the natives be included in humanity? You would be surprised how intelligent they really are. And also they are loyal and trustworthy, they remember for a long time their friends, and also their enemies. I could even say that they are more human than we are

Thats the secret with the local flora and fauna, they can never be mastered. If you try to be their master, but not their friend who provides them with the right envirenment, you will get at max. anemic half dead mindworm hatchlings, who are nothing but a waste of resources, from a practical point of view.

To: Captain Svensgaard

Captain,

I´d like to ask permission for some of our seaforces to be able cross through your territory on their way to the central continent.