Old August 12, 2001, 15:09   #1
SerapisIV
King

Local Time: 07:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
15 weeks till release?
Well, with 15 civs remaining on the "Civ-of-the-week" feature on Civ3.com, are 15 weeks remaining till release? That would put the release date around December 1. Of course this assumes that all civs are run through before release and that some weeks don't double up civs. Well at least it would still be a pre-Xmas, 2001 release.
Old August 12, 2001, 15:11   #2
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i already brought that up in the civ of the week topic. but yes it seems that way.

i bet they'd like us to sit and wait for every civ to be shown. just to watch me squirm.

YOUR GIVING ME AN ULCER AT 17 DAMMIT.
Old August 12, 2001, 15:18   #3
Warm Beer
Warlord

Local Time: 04:22
OR..
They plan on running the "Civ of the Week" feature after release... Yep, that is what's going to happen, so people who go to the site after the release of Civ3 III will have a cool, frequently updated site to look at.

...at least that is what I keep telling myself.
- Mahatma Ghandi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Old August 12, 2001, 15:26   #4
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

yea... thats the ticket.
Old August 12, 2001, 15:50   #5
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 14:22
Bah, I don't care if it is delayed until December 1. In fact, I prefer it that way. That way, when they'll release it in Finland 3 weeks later, it's Christmas and I'll actually have money for it and don't have to listen for Americans exulting how great and wonderful and super the game is for more than 3 torturous weeks.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old August 12, 2001, 15:57   #6
SerapisIV
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefu
Bah, I don't care if it is delayed until December 1. In fact, I prefer it that way. That way, when they'll release it in Finland 3 weeks later, it's Christmas and I'll actually have money for it and don't have to listen for Americans exulting how great and wonderful and super the game is for more than 3 torturous weeks.
Or it'll come out earlier and all you hear is bug rants and then thank your lucky stars that it won't reach you for a few more weeks when you'll get a patched/working game
Old August 12, 2001, 20:31   #7
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:22
I do hope they are released simultaneously in the US and Europe. With Infogrames being a French company, there is a good chance that we will get it simultaneously, and who knows, perhaps even the Europeans first. Now wouldn't that be a turn up for the books!

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old August 13, 2001, 00:07   #8
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Europeans getting it first wouldn't be too strange. Australians got SMAC first.
Old August 13, 2001, 01:07   #9
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:22
Yeah I've mentioned this in a seperate thread as well, as have some other peeps. An early December wouldn't be too bad at all. Firaxis has stated that they are aiming for a fall 2001 release and that time period would fall under the early December idea.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 13, 2001, 01:18   #10
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 05:22
... However, all of the internet sites offering CIV3 under "preorder" state the game is due to release in October 2001.