Old August 12, 2001, 20:39   #1
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 22:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!
Well, it's time for this little black duck to head off into the deep red sunset. Yep, my time with CTP2 is coming to an end.

But before I disappear I just have a couple of things to say first:

1. An update to Apolyton Pack v1.02 will be available tomorrow. This is my final piece of modding for CTP2. I believe it makes the standard game worth it. Well, Activision didn't do it so we had to.

2. I want to thank Wes for letting me work on the Med Pack project. It certainly taught me a lot about programming for games. Also, it's allowed me to get my name out there for when I get a beta of my game in development.

3. What started out as quite simply a "I gotta get the AI to stop requesting STUPID things in diplomacy" has turned into a MAJOR model change for CTP2's diplomacy, 4 other spawned minor MODS/bug-fixes, and the Apolyton Pack. Now, I wonder when Activision is going to give me the 5% of CTP2 sales/royalties I earned from fixing their crappy game!

4. Thanks to everyone here for making my stay enjoyable. I've enjoyed talking/discussing/planning/bagging CTP2 with all of you, and I wish you all the best. There's a lot of talent here, and hopefully when I've got a more than 75% built version of my game in development I can find some help in beta testing it. BTW, just so you know, the game I'm writing fits into the Civilization genre, but has quite a few differences/additions/changes/ommisions. It's the way I see the history of humanity should be portrayed in a game. Stay tuned for the future on this one.

Anyways, thanks for everything, everyone, and good luck in gaming. See ya when Civ3 hits Australia!

Dale
Old August 13, 2001, 08:39   #2
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 09:23
A big thank you!
Dale, I would like to thank you for all the hard work you have done to improve CTP2. Of course that acknowledgements have to be extended to all people who have contributed to Apolyton Pack.

Your mod really enhances CTP2, making it "playable". The original game was completely failed, despite its inherent potential. Thank you for having revived that potential to us, gamers.

Good luck on your game, and keep us posted about it! It is always good to know that there are dedicated civers working for the future of the genre...

Once again, thanks!
Old August 13, 2001, 09:04   #3
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Thanks Dale for all you have done with CTP2. The game werent going to be the same without you. The AI was the most needed part of CTP2 and you managed beautifully.
The same way the civers worship Sid Meyer i worship the CTP2 community speacially you, Wes, Hexagonia, Locutus, IW, Martin and many others who made CTP2 worthy buying and made me take the game out of the Drawer. You said you are waiting the 5% of the sales but for sure you guy deserves much much more (There is no smile face because this is serious).

What a bad day to the community will be the day you'll leave

PS: What about your game? How can i get more info about it? If it is a civ genre i am sure it will be the best AI ever.
If you need help you have all the community with you.
-Jean Rostand
Old August 13, 2001, 23:53   #4
Dale
Emperor

Pedrunn:
If you want to see some of the models I've come up with, take a look at this attached doco. These models have reached the finalised stage and now need to be cut down into point by point explanations of how they will be coded. Hope this gives you an idea of where I'm heading.

Ya never know, I might have hosted site here soon.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip models.zip (24.4 KB, 30 views)
Old August 14, 2001, 08:43   #5
Pedrunn
King

When you say done in the model you mean the idea is done or that you have the codes done?

How many people are in this project with you?
-Jean Rostand
Old August 14, 2001, 09:21   #6
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 00:23
Local Date: November 1, 2010
You're welcome to the fish, after all, your mods were the bait that reeled them in.

Yes, thanks for making the game enjoyable. I've found a reason to give up television (well, mostly - there's always one of two of those shows that you just can't miss) for a while.

Even with you gone, we are still going to continue to get updates to the modpacks, aren't we (I hope)?
Old August 14, 2001, 14:53   #7
Pedrunn
King

Everybody needs critics and suggestions, so i will send you a private message with some of my thoughts on your models.
-Jean Rostand
Old August 14, 2001, 17:48   #8
Dale
Emperor

Pedrunn:
DONE in the doco means that it's ready for pseudo-coding (turning into the line by line English translation of each line of code). Then it gets put into code. That's the easy way to do it. I'll email you later about the ideas. I'm still hashing the other models around in my mind.
Old August 14, 2001, 19:15   #9
Pedrunn
King

Do not send me a e-mail. My outlook has gone mad and i am loosing the messages i receive. I rather use private messages. Anyway most of my thoughts are about the not done part. After all if you can do what is written in there this game is going to have the best gameplay ever.
You already got a buyer

PS. I just oppinate because i got that impulse that i had to :. But i'm not going to give anymore opinions since this is your game and i dont want to interfere (my preferences arent the same as yours).
-Jean Rostand
Old August 16, 2001, 22:57   #10
phoenixcager
Call to Power PBEMC4WDG Delian League
Emperor

Local Time: 20:23
Looks like our ever-shrinking CtP2 community is going to go into an accelerated shrinking mode all the way to Civ3's release....*sigh*

So long, Dale!
Old August 18, 2001, 10:16   #11
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 13:23
Unless we get a little baby Kent running around, I'll give it 7 weeks before he comes back

If Dale really is leaving, *sob* then goodbye, good luck, and thanks very much, for the mods, and for being another person who can point out SLIC errors, and help me learn.

BTW, if you liked, you could change your avatar to whatever you want now, and leave a lasting impression whenever we look at your posts
Old August 25, 2001, 09:59   #12
BlackStone
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:23
La la

BlackStone supporting our troops