Old August 13, 2001, 01:09   #1
Free Radical
Settler

Local Time: 12:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
MY FIRST POST!!! Persians having too much power??
well, they are the only ones to be both militristic and commercial. anyone else feel that thats just too much power (one step below scientific and militristic IMO).
Old August 13, 2001, 01:26   #2
tniem
King

Local Time: 07:23
Welcome to Apolyton Free Radical! Hope you enjoy these forums as much as I have.

Currently there are many discussions going on in various threads about the different civ specific attributes. Check a few of them out.

My personal opinion is that they seem to be balanced pretty well, the different ones and it the two that best suite your play style will be the civ to choose. It should be fun to play with and against the various tribes.
Old August 13, 2001, 01:48   #3
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 08:23
Quote:
well, they are the only ones to be both militristic and commercial. anyone else feel that thats just too much power (one step below scientific and militristic IMO).
Why? I'm going with the Greeks from the looks of things. I'll zoom through the tech tree and kick the @sses of everybody with Stealth Fighters while you're attacking with dragoons.

Only problem is that my golden age will be too soon. Don't want it before 500 b.c. Probably delay production of hoplites, then send them against a pathetic enemy to trigger golden age.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old August 13, 2001, 01:52   #4
Free Radical
Settler

actually, i just found out that you can change the attributes. Most likely, all including myself will just change everything to militristic and scientific...heh
Old August 13, 2001, 01:58   #5
tniem
King

Local Time: 07:23
Go ahead for single player, you will be practicing for a MP game that you will not be able to use the new attributes that you gave.
Old August 13, 2001, 02:06   #6
Free Radical
Settler

well I never enjoyed Civ 2 for its MP aspects (when it got them that is). I always loved the single player game so im sure thats what im gonna love with civ 3 as well.

besides, even for MP games, im sure both or all players can agree on variable settings.
Old August 13, 2001, 12:58   #7
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 06:23
Re: MY FIRST POST!!! Persians having too much power??
Quote:
Originally posted by Free Radical
I think the Persians are strong but not too powerful. Sure, militaristic and commercial abilities will help them support a larger stronger military but there are several other civs that will be just as poweful. For example the Romans are militaristic and industrious. To me this is just as powerful. They get the same militaristic abilities plus they are industrious. So, the Romans will have a better industry, which will help them build things faster. In a Persian-Roman war, the Romans could produce military units much faster. Last, the Romans get the Legion specific unit. So, they have a very powerful military unit to fight the Persians.
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"
Old August 13, 2001, 20:17   #8
Alexander I
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization IV CreatorsCivilization IV: MultiplayerPolyCast Team

Local Time: 06:23
I think the Persians are finally entering into their own. In CivII they were emasculated push-overs screaming to be conquered. In reality, they were a vast empire, stretching from Ethiopia to India to the Danube! I don't believe they'll be overpowering, but I do believe they'll finally stand up for themselves. Besides, we don't know their unique unit yet. It could be quite weak!
The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report