Old August 13, 2001, 06:47   #1
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 14:24
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Welcome!
All the discussion about the civilizations is quite logical, due to the limit to 16 civs and due to the special abilities

As in the case with SMAC where the official forum had a forum for discussion on the factions, the Civ3-Civilizations forum will be the place for discussion on the various Civilizations in Civ3 and their leaders, strategies related to each civ, discussion on proposed civs, their abilities, unique units, city names, leaders, etc

Existing threads from the (now named) Civ3-General forum will be moved here.

Just an important note: just because there is now a special forum for civs talk, it doesnt mean that it's ok to start a new thread for a subject for which there is already a thread about. Please do a little bit more search before posting a new thread.

Last edited by MarkG; August 13, 2001 at 06:58.
Old August 13, 2001, 06:51   #2
TechWins
King

Local Time: 05:24
Oh how I thank you so much Mark! I just hope this forum doesn't start to turn into a spam fest of civ talk like the original forum did. So I'm not sure if this solves the whole problem but it sure does make it a whole heck of a lot better. Again thanks.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 13, 2001, 06:52   #3
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

I must have been one of the first to notice this thread. I was at the forum listing and it said Civ3-Cililizations lastpost: Never. The Forum was totally empty, so I went back to the general forum to inform TechWins about this, but As I posted it said Thread has been closed, and I saw Your post about another solution.

Thank you Mark
Old August 13, 2001, 06:58   #4
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

One question Mark:

How long will the Moved Threads be listed in the General Forum?
Old August 13, 2001, 07:02   #5
TechWins
King

Quote:
I must have been one of the first to notice this thread.
I also went to go back to my thread to post when I realized Mark had closed it. I then saw that some of the threas were being moved so I went back to my Apolyton Community forum thread to see what happened, while I was waiting on another Apolyton Forums Page to load, and I saw your post Gramphos. I then clicked on the Apolyton Forums Page and saw that another thread had been created and I looked inside of it. Finally I read your post Gramphos. So us two were the first two to notice this new forum.

Since I was the motivational inspriration behind this forum, do you think it should be called the TW'sMI Civ3 - Civilizations? That would be for TechWins' Motivationally Inspired Civ3 - Civilizations.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old August 13, 2001, 07:06   #6
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins
Since I was the motivational inspriration behind this forum, do you think it should be called the TW'sMI Civ3 - Civilizations? That would be for TechWins' Motivationally Inspired Civ3 - Civilizations.
I don’t think Mark will name it like that m, but if he makes a News Event about it He'll probably give you credit.
Old August 13, 2001, 07:07   #7
MarkG
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos
How long will the Moved Threads be listed in the General Forum?
actually, they will be permanently there(unless i do some hack to remove the redirects) but in a few hours they will be pushed off the first pages....
Old August 13, 2001, 07:57   #8
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

I have the Picture
I had that window (without any threads) open, and have just made a capture of it and saved it as a JPGpic.

One of the weirdest thing is that it shows some extra columns, not usually shown in light version.

Sorry about that I attach a Zip and not the JPG, but I was mad at the limits. Firs I had to make it <200001 bytes, then it tells me: "Please make it no bigger than 600 x 0".
Attached Files:
File Type: zip civ.zip (175.0 KB, 10 views)
Old August 13, 2001, 08:01   #9
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Welcome!
Welcome!
Old August 13, 2001, 08:14   #10
TechWins
King

Well, since there weren't any threads in it at the time I guess you beat me. So maybe I'm second and you're first.

Quote:
I don’t think Mark will name it like that m, but if he makes a News Event about it He'll probably give you credit.
It wouldn't be too bad to have my name mentioned in the News Event but it sure would be nice to have my idea used (TW'sMI Civ3 - Civilizations). What do you think Mark?

I can't believe already there is over 2 pages, this was a long time needed.
Old August 13, 2001, 10:25   #11
Caesar the Great
Emperor

Local Time: 07:24
Re: Welcome!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ecthelion
Welcome!
*sigh* one word post.......
Old August 13, 2001, 10:28   #12
MarkG
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Re: I have the Picture
Quote:
One of the weirdest thing is that it shows some extra columns, not usually shown in light version.
dont worry about it. it's just some stuff that are left from the process of making the light styles....

CtG, dont worry he has met the PCR he was looking for....
Old August 13, 2001, 13:53   #13
Brent
Prince

Local Time: 04:24
A New Phase of Da Boardss! How long until we get a Civ 4 Wishlist board??
Old August 13, 2001, 17:37   #14
TechWins
King

Brent, I too would like to see a Civ4 wishlist board brought up in aprirations that Civ4 will be made.

Ah Mark why no mention of me? If it wasn't for me this board wouldn't even be around, don't I deserve some credit?
Old August 13, 2001, 18:50   #15
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:24
Mark, how long did it take to transfer 1681 posts?!(!((!

That seems like a lot!
Old August 14, 2001, 01:29   #16
tniem
King

Local Time: 07:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Brent
A New Phase of Da Boardss! How long until we get a Civ 4 Wishlist board??
God, hopefully not for a while. Hopefully Civ III will be able to satisfy us for at least a couple months and then a couple of expansions later, I will be ready to talk Civ IV.
Old August 14, 2001, 04:00   #17
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
Mark, how long did it take to transfer 1681 posts?!(!((!

That seems like a lot!
I think it took him half an hour or something to transfer the Threads (not the posts).
Old August 14, 2001, 08:45   #18
Kropotkin
Emperor

You do love starting new sub-forums don't you, MarkG?
Old August 14, 2001, 11:50   #19
MarkG
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins
Ah Mark why no mention of me? If it wasn't for me this board wouldn't even be around, don't I deserve some credit?
you wanted to be mentioned as "the last drop"?
Old August 14, 2001, 11:58   #20
MarkG
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Kropotkin
You do love starting new sub-forums don't you, MarkG?
my bigest joy is when i open 40-50 threads, select from a menu the option to move each one of them, then choose the forum to which they are to be moved(each on of them) and then click the ok button(for each on of them)! an amazing experience!
Old August 14, 2001, 13:54   #21
Brent
Prince

Local Time: 04:24
Hey, its never too early to start discussing Civ 4, We've already got a lot of wishes we know aren't in Civ 3, and we wouldn't want to forget them, would we? And we want to prove beyond shadow of doubt and then some that there will be a market for Civ 4!
Old August 15, 2001, 06:35   #22
Kropotkin
Emperor

Hold your horses there Brent. Maybe we'll have to evalute civ3 a bit more first. Specualtions and ideas comes along on the way anway. There has to be plans for civ4 before we start talking to much about it.
Old August 15, 2001, 06:45   #23
Gramphos
staff
Technical Director

Quote:
Originally posted by Kropotkin
There has to be plans for civ4 before we start talking to much about it.
That isn't required. If we give them loads of ideas they probably want to make it

However, I think it is best if we wait until spring to start that Forum.
Old August 16, 2001, 12:05   #24
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 09:24
Quote:

That isn't required. If we give them loads of ideas they probably want to make it

Taking in account we would be doing most of their work

Progressive Game ID #0023
Old August 18, 2001, 02:44   #25
TechWins
King

I think Korn has the best idea for a new forum, "then i also plan on organizing a new EC3-X list for the civ3 expansion...locutus has already organized a fine list of civilizations to be in the Civ3 Expansion", well it's not neccasarily a direct statement about starting a new forum. When Civ3 comes out and a few weeks later a Civ3 Expansion thread should be created.
Old August 18, 2001, 05:06   #26
MarkG
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

new forums for suggestions will be opened when civ3 is out. if we dont what's in(and evaluate it) how can we suggest for the next step?