Old August 15, 2001, 20:29   #1
VisionV
Settler

Local Time: 12:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
World Map Scenario Question
I eagerly booted up the World Map Scenario with the Apolyton patch to play my first gigantic map ever (usually I play tiny or regular). Then, to my dismay, I found that I could not build warriors and (worse yet) settlers at my town! What is this? Am I doing something wrong?

I would like to play on the world map, but don't want to do the 1 city challenge! I am on a Win2000 station and was playing impossible. I also tried very hard with the same result.
Old August 16, 2001, 06:13   #2
opaque
Warlord

Does it work if you choose Apolyton Pack: CtP the way it should be instead of Ultra Gigantic Map and play on a regular or tiny map?
Old August 16, 2001, 09:57   #3
VisionV
Settler

I was using "The way it should be". Perhaps I should try the ultra-gigantic map. However, I don't understand what could have happened to my settlers. If I launch the editor, the settler units are still in it. How could they possibly not be in my build list?
Old August 16, 2001, 15:21   #4
opaque
Warlord

Ok I think I know what the problem is. I found that if you load an original/Apolyton Pack game into MedMod everything goes mad and you get a crash to the desktop after a few turns. If you load a MedMod game into original/Apolyton Pack you get an illegal operation and the game closes. If you load an original game into Apolyton Pack you get several units, buildings and wonders missing from your city build lists even though you should be able to build them. It is very likely this is what you did. Did you load a game you had been playing in the original version of CTP2 into the Apolyton Pack or did you start a new game in Apolyton Pack?
Old August 16, 2001, 15:58   #5
VisionV
Settler

You are right. OK, so now I start a new game in Apolyton and load the world map. I place the enemy civs myself, then start. Something is wrong. The AI won't settle with his settlers, they just wander around. I even started him out with cities. He produces stuff but they don't move. What is happening?
Old August 16, 2001, 20:43   #6
VisionV
Settler

This is solved. Thanks!