Old August 16, 2001, 17:22   #1
VisionV
Settler

Local Time: 12:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Question for Mod Gurus
OK guys. This would be cool! Does anyone have the expertise or the contacts to determine how to convert a saved single-player game into a saved multiplayer game.

This would allow multiplayer scenario creation which would really add a lot to multiplayer games. I am thinking it could probably be done by just adding some bytes into the single player file. They probably kept the structure very similar but needed some additional fields like MP Game Name, MP Settings, etc. (as well as which screen name is which player). Perhaps this is something someone could ask one of the activision guys or something.

It would increase my enjoyment a lot to be able to create a multiplayer WW2 scenario for example and this feature would make it easy.

Thanks in advance for interest and answers!
Old August 16, 2001, 20:05   #2
VisionV
Settler

Local Time: 12:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Neato!
I have been looking around in the save files with my trusty old hex editor and have found that the formats are very similar. The difference appears to be that several areas in a single player save file have nulls where the multiplayer one has data. If we could just determine what to stuff in there to make the multiplayer load game read a single player save file! One thing I will try soon, is to take the data from a mp save file and move it into the single player file.

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

Of course, if we could get access to activision or one of the developers, they might be able to clue us in with the file format and I could take it from there. I don't know why they wouldn't want us to create a nifty tool like this!

Please help on this fun project if you can!