Old August 17, 2001, 06:00   #1
M. le Comte
Warlord

Local Time: 13:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
And what about all that stuffs...
In civ I and civ II, some of the stuffs implemented used to make the game more realistic, more homoristic or more epic.

For example, aniamted advisors in Civ II who change through the eras. They weren't in Civ TOT. Furthermore, the idea of the King as the happiness advisor. Such things shouls be included in Civ III.

Do you remember the end of Civ I ? When you had conquested the entire world, a map showed you the main events of Your History. You could remmeber, after having played for months to a game, the way you crush the Babylonians, dominated the English and so on. I miss it.

These are just details. But it takes part to the fun of the whole game.
Old August 17, 2001, 06:03   #2
Buck Birdseed
Emperor

Local Time: 12:36
I feel that they're going for a lot of fun stuff this time around too. Just look at those animated leaders that change with age and mood, for instance. Or that gorgeous city screen. Plus, there will be a palace again this time around...
Old August 17, 2001, 06:14   #3
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Yeah, if they put in the replay feature at the end of the game, it is really going to be one massive nostalgia trip. Although I consider civ1 to have been long since outdated, it is still my first civ game (or first computer game for that matter full stop), so I have very fond memories of the game. If I see little nuances translated into the modern game, eg, you can see leaders properly not daft portraits and a herald, replay feature and the palace, I am going to break down and cry in a nostalgia frenzy

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith
Old August 17, 2001, 18:05   #4
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Provost Harrison
Yeah, if they put in the replay feature at the end of the game, it is really going to be one massive nostalgia trip.
Forget nostalgia, watching how you conquered a human opponent in Mulitplayer would be a far better feeling.

Even better if you know them personnally - save the replay and show it to them over and over whenever the question of "who is the best civ3 player" comes up.
Old August 18, 2001, 07:46   #5
campmajor!
Prince

IIRC they (Firaxis) have already stated that the replay option of civ1 will return!
Old August 18, 2001, 14:07   #6
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Local Time: 07:36
Yup, it'll be in there.

Adding little things to the game is pretty important in a TBS because boredom sometimes sets in. Things like cool unit animations or effects would be nice, and so would downloadable advisor clips or features. Somehow I doubt the more drastic things will be included, but there's always a civ4 (and no solver, that one won't work on your monitor) .